She was again the best breaststroker at the Virginia Class 6 championships, defending her state crown with a time of 1:01.28 in the 100 breaststroke. Our sites are 2022 Maryland LSC 14U Championships . The Anne Arundel County swimming championships were held for the first time in two years, February 4, 2022, at the Annapolis Olympic Swim Center. Zack Dickerson, Contact Us NCAP practices at Prince Georges Sports and Learning Center Aquatic Center. I really appreciate everything theyve done for me, she said. Experienced and newcomers alike and high school triathlon clubs are encouraged to race their High School State Championship. Sweet 16: March 28-29. 2021 Maryland Swimming Jr. Championships . Shed already had one chance at ending the drought, coming in with the fastest qualifying time in the 100 free but finishing fourth. Notre Dame, Southern California and Oklahoma also have five. Privacy Policy 2021 - 2022 maryland lsc long course championships maryland swimming . Its amazing.. A private boarding school in Texas received a $17 million donation to build a state-of-the-art natatorium set to open in the fall of 2025. Valeria Ivanov-Gomez and Avery Whorton won two events each in the girls meet, while Brenden Ferguson captured two victories on the boys side. The team was also home to 2020 Tokyo Olympians Katie Ledecky, Phoebe Bacon, and Andrew Seliskar. The Texas-bound star closed her high school career in dominant fashion as the Gators won Metros for the third straight time and also took home wins at the National Catholic and Independent School League championships. Aside from his life on the InterWet, . Elise Kinyanjui, Montgomery Blair - 354.90, 3. An hour later, junior Quinlan Gould made it two state champions for the day for the Hawks, cutting more than four seconds off his district time in the 100 backstroke and winning in an All-American time of 48.93. Our sites are He took no chances and seized on the first opportunity, shaving almost 1 seconds off his district-winning time in the 100 fly to take the title in 50.26 seconds, edging McMinnvilles Collin Bushey by 0.13. Virginia Swimming. Gentry finished his career with five titles overall, winning the 500 freestyle and 100 backstroke as a freshman, winning the 200 free as a sophomore (he couldnt defend his 100 back title after being disqualified at district), and capping his run Friday with titles in the 200 individual medley and 100 back. It feels good to represent them. The DC Metro Champs has been the season-ending championships meet for DC-area schools in the past. We cant wait to crown wrestlers, swimmers and divers as state champions!. Breaking 1:50 is exciting.. stream Check out who has the biggest improvement from last year's State Meet to this year! Mountain View junior Diggory Dillingham didnt set the state records in the 50 and 100 freestyles that hed hoped to accomplish. The indoor track and field championships will take place on February 15th and 16th, the same days as swimming. According to their website, the DCSAA is home to 52 high schools. Volunteer Sign Up. Virginia Hinds, Fr., Bethesda-Chevy Chase. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. A private boarding school in Texas received a $17 million donation to build a state-of-the-art natatorium set to open in the fall of 2025. The Volunteer Sign Up. INDIANAPOLIS The NCAA Division III Men's Tennis Committee has selected the 44 teams that will compete in the 2023 NCAA Division III Men's Tennis . Im happy with how I did. Located just outside Washington, DC in Check out the final 2022 Girls Individual Power Rankings for the XC Season. MPSSAA State Championships Morning Session by Craig Amoss Nov 12, 2022. The Max Weinrich, Sherwood - 485.55 2. The meet has included both schools within Washington DC as well as close suburbs in Virginia and Maryland. In 2022, Georgia DE Travon Walker became the fifth Georgia player to go No. APG Federal Credit Union Arena at HCC. The wrestling championships have been announced to be held the same week on Saturday, February 19th. Its just a couple more years under their belt, swimming year-round a big shoutout to LOSC (Lake Oswego Swim Club). Maryland Swimming - Latest Meets. You may only qualify for Olympic-distance Nationals by placing in the Olympic distance State Championship race or Sprint Nationals by placing in the sprint distance State Championship race. I was really excited for state, and I felt like I put together a really good swim.. Damascus - 280, +To view liveand on-demandstreaming or purchase DVD's. A week ago at the Mid-Willamette district meet, the team title came down to the 400 freestyle relay before Crescent Valley pulled out an eight-point victory over rival West Albany. I know how important this meet is, with Kylie being a senior, us not having the last two seasons, and this being our first season with us four on the same relay team, the junior said. They swam the first two legs on the title-winning 200 medley relay to open the meet, and Wasikowski broke the meet record in winning the 100 breaststroke. Those programs include American University in the Patriot League, Georgetown University in the Big East, The George Washington University in the Atlantic-10, and Howard University in Northeast Conference. The Washington DC area is home to one of the biggest club teams in the nation, Nations Capital Swim Club (NCAP). Those streaks ended with a bang when Grant senior Quinn Brown rallied from third place at the halfway point to stun top seed Sydney Wilson of Jesuit in the 200 freestyle, winning in 1:51.76. Maryland State LC Championships. Will McCollum, Bethesda-Chevy Chase - 467.75 3. 843. Easton's senior Brooke Bielecki won her second state title in the 50-yard freestyle, and Cambridge-SD's Nolan McMahon was first in the 100 breaststroke at Saturday's Class 3A-2A-1A state swimming . Doing that after being in such a routine for so long has really helped me in both my swimming and my academics. For 2023, USA Triathlon is providing state championship race directors with age group and overall awards for sprint and Olympic-distance triathlon, plus the high school and club divisions. Prince Georges Sports and Learning Center Aquatic Center which is located in Maryland, just outside the border of Washington DC. Well, MileSplit can combine all of them and show you the results! Evans credited lead swimmer Andrew Hanson, a junior who swam a blistering 46.86 to give the Raiders a 4-second cushion they never relinquished. However, Gould already cant wait for next season, when a strong freshman class joins the four swimmers and two relays that made the podium. Crescent Valley won the race by nearly two seconds, finishing in 3:13.78 to win the schools first boys title since 2007. She proved to be one of the more versatile swimmers in the area and was the only one to break 54 seconds in the 100 butterfly at Metros (53.99). Vote on what performance was the biggest upset at the State Championships. Due to inclement weather, the Class 3A/2A/1A (small . Health and Safety Recommended Forms and Resources, Supplements & Performance-Enhancing Substances, 2020 Conference Registration Packet (N/A), College Eligibility & Recruiting Webinars, MPSSAA Field Hockey Rules Interpreter Zone, MPSSAA Cross Country/Track Rules Interpreter Zone, MPSSAA Boys Lacrosse Rules Interpreter Zone, MPSSAA Girls Lacrosse Rules Interpreter Zone. That attitude change shone through Saturday as Lustria posted a couple of All-America times in winning the 200 individual medley (2:00.36) and 100 butterfly (54.22), swimming the butterfly leg of the victorious 200 medley relay and capping her day by anchoring the 400 freestyle relay to a title that wrapped up the Wildcats first team championship since 2008. This means any distance triathlon can qualify for either sprint or Olympic-distance National Championship at this reduced percentage. All Rights Reserved. This meet is kind of superfluous in my opinion and it would be a no-brainer if I was one of these kids. And like Nelson, the Wolfpack saw their first state champion in any sport crowned Saturday as freshman Kamryn Meskill blazed to victory in the 50 free, winning by nearly a half-second in 23.80. NCAP practices at Prin, ce Georges Sports and Learning Center Aquatic Center. Diving will take place on the 15th at Wilson Aquatic Center. teams in the United States. The Patriots, who have a no-cut policy, squeaked by defending Virginia Class 6 champion Battlefield by four points to hoist another state title trophy. Besides Lustrias lustrous showing, the Wildcats scored points in eight other events from four individuals and a relay to outdistance Lake Oswego by nearly 20 points the best finish for the Lakers in a decade with the defending champion Crusaders right behind in third. I was pretty surprised with my time. <>/Metadata 611 0 R/ViewerPreferences 612 0 R>> Andrews somebody we all look up to, Evans said. The Huskies opened the meet by winning the 200 medley relay, and they had five individual champions (the Illinois State-bound Tyler added a second in the 100 free) and a second relay victory. Supplemental Information - COVID 19 Protocols, Friday 13 & Over 12 & Under, Saturday 15 & Over 13-14 12 & Under, Sunday 15 & Over 13-14 12 & Under. A robust calendar of local, USA Triathlon sanctioned events that give adult and high school athletes around the country the opportunity to race for state titles and qualify for USA Triathlon Nationals, the annual event that requires qualification and brings together the best U.S. amateur triathletes for the Sprint- and Olympic-Distance National Championships. Allen defended her 50 freestyle titles at Metros and states, cementing herself as one of the areas top sprinters. 2137. MD State Championship HUB for all Results, Photos, Videos, Previews, and Analysis. DIII men's tennis: 2023 selection show. Even though Im graduating, Im going to come back, visit my teammates over winter break.. While the District of Columbia is not one of the 50 United States, the organization has adopted the traditional state monikers anyway to celebrate its city champions. Two races. She got crazy fast this past summer.. Weve been swimming together since we were 6 years old, so I really wanted to hold it together for my team, to bring it home.. % But the 500, I went out there to swim my best race, and I did that.. Montgomery County, Maryland. NCAA . Wilson. Thomas Stone senior Clayton . Caldera, like Nelson, is in its first year of existence after the Bend school opened in the fall. What if all 4 classifications ran together at States? She also helped the Barons win state titles in the 200 and 400 freestyle relays, anchoring the former with a 22.80 split on the final leg. Division 3A/2A/1A. Catlin Gabel won its first state title since 2015, ending Newports three-year championship run in the process. This means a lot, especially since its my last year, and we didnt get a season last year, said Derr, who will swim at UC Santa Barbara next year. US 12.0. The Penn State signee posted the areas top time in the 200 individual medley (1:57.70) and 100 breaststroke (1:01.25), setting Maryland state meet records in both races. Way too early to look, but check out who the top returning runners and teams are if we remove seniors from this year's state meet. located throughout Montgomery County in Bethesda, Germantown, Olney, Rockville and Silver Spring. Youve got to try stuff out sometimes, see how it works, Dillingham said. Gentry wasnt the only star to shine in Friday nights session. I just felt like it was time to find a new environment, have a change of pace.. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This has created problems for many swimmers trying to balance high school swimming and club commitments. Richard Montgomery - 239 3. Spring/Summer 2023 Tryouts - Rockville Swim and Fitness Center. Most of the best MD teams, especially those anywhere close to DC, target Metros as the championship meet to compete in. York , PA YMCA John deBarbadillo Invitational 2022 . Led by senior Chloe Tylers meet-record victory in the 100 backstroke in 56.49, Sweet Home won a fourth team title in the past six seasons. He nearly matched his district time but ended up a distant fourth to Mountain View phenom Diggory Dillingham. The last time everyone gathered at the Tualatin Hills Swim Center for the OSAA state championships in 2020, the Lake Oswego boys barely had a presence. Check back for updates and please check individual race websites for the most up-to-date information. Jesuit junior Diego Nosack, a Northwestern commit, added his first two individual championships in the 200 individual medley and 500 freestyle to the 200 medley relay medal he won as a freshman. *Race dates and locations subject to change. One OSAA state record. NBAC Tri-Meet 10&U and Last Chance . The Tennessee-bound standout lived up to her billing as one of the top swimmers in the country during her senior season. Hopefully there can be a better resolution than making athletes choose one or the other. Redmond, led by freshman Willow Messners victory in the 100 butterfly, won its first team trophy by placing third, just ahead of Hood River Valley. Everything you need to know about the regular season and post-season for all 24 of our State Championship sport offerings can be found in this section of the website. This includes both public, private, and charter schools. Some of the schools of the suburbs have been home to Katie Ledecky, Jack Conger, and Phoebe Bacon. The Lakers had 10 top-six seeds entered in the meet, and while they didnt win an individual title, Kim swam on a couple of state champion relays to lead them to the programs first championship since 1994. in the area at her first Maryland 4A/3A state championships (54. . Maryland States LC Championship. Sun was a key cog in the Gators Metros victory, finishing second in the 100 butterfly and 200 individual medley. Check out how this year's Seniors ran at the State XC meet throughout their high school years. Some of the schools of the suburbs have been home to, The DCSAA swimming and diving state championships will be held Tuesday, February 15th and Wednesday, February 16th, 2022. The day overall has been something thats been incredible.. MD State Championship Preview. She again was the top seed for the 100 back, but lining up beside her was the defending champion in the event St. Marys Academy senior Anna Rauchholz. ; Erin Gemmell, Sr. (Stone Ridge): 1:33.27, 200 medley: Maren Conze, Sr.; Sienna Karp, Sr.; Madeleine Simmons, So. As we saw with the recent DCSAA State Championships in fall sports, our student-athletes look forward to these events with incredible anticipation. I think were making a comeback, she said. MARYLAND SWIMMING COMPETITION SCHEDULE 2022 - 2023 MARYLAND SWIMMING COMPETITION SCHEDULE (APPROVED BY HOD MAY 15, 2022) WEEKEND OF SEPTEMBER 3 - 4, 2022 SEPTEMBER 10 - 11, 2022 SEPTEMBER 17 - 18, 2022 SEPTEMBER 24, 2022 SEPTEMBER 24 - 25, 2022 SEPTEMBER 25, 2022 OCTOBER 1 - 2, 2022 OCTOBER 8 - 9, 2022 OCTOBER 8 - 9, 2022 HOST The qualification criteria for 2024 Age Group Nationals is subject to change from what it is for 2023.Review thefull 2023 qualification criteriafor age group races at USA Triathlon Nationals. I was a little nervous, but adrenalin just took force, and everything happened from there, said Brown, who became the first Grant girl to win a title since 2005. The Raiders finished second, their fifth consecutive top-two finish. Maryland Swimming Rankings The Swim Rankings cover a one year period, starting on September 1 and ending on August 31. . No state records were bettered in the 3A/2A/1A portion of the meet, but Oakdale junior Evan Kolovich came within 4-hundredths of bettering the 100 fly mark of 52.28 that was . FTC Disclaimer | Terms of Use & Privacy Policy Located just outside Washington, DC in The sophomore was the top seed in the 100 freestyle and a contender in the 100 butterfly, giving him two chances to become the schools first state champion. As we saw with the recent DCSAA State Championships in fall sports, our student-athletes look forward to these events with incredible anticipation. Currently, Anya is pursuing her B.A. Friday, June 3, 2022 9:00 AM. I was doing this for my coach (Mikha Kaiel), because he hasnt handed out medals in a while, said Adams, whos considering USC and Virginia as college choices. 2023 Swim Swam Partners, LLC. All high school athletes who finish a High School State Championship race will automatically qualify for the Sprint-Distance National Championships at USA Triathlon Nationals, scheduled Aug. 4-6 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (pending they are at least age 15 as of December 31, 2023). High school sports play such an important role in the lives of so many youths. Both meets have also been moved to the Prince Georges Sports & Learning Complex in Landover. At this percentage, sprint state championships only qualify for Sprint Nationals and Olympic-distance state championships onyl qualify for Olympic-distance Nationals. Due Stock photo via Mike Lewis/Ola Vista Photography. Spring/Summer 2023 Tryouts - Rockville Swim and Fitness Center. Maryland Swimming is the local governing body for USA Swimming competitive swimming programs in 21 of Maryland's counties (excluding Prince George's and Montgomery Counties). 2022 United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee. Learn more about the 2023 State Championships here. Ferrari turned in some of the fastest times in Virginia in the 100 backstroke (54.87), 100 freestyle (51.00) and 50 freestyle (23.36). Handbook; Coaches' Book; Student-Athletes' Book ; . Jefferson is not known for being a swimming powerhouse. Adams victory also helped the Cardinals take home their first team trophy since 2002, when they placed fourth also the last time a PIL team trophied at a state meet. Diving State Meet Qualifiers -Men's Qualifiers Female Qualifiers, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 P: (410) 767-0555 F: (410) 333-3111, 2022 Swimming and Diving Championships Recap. Maryland Swimming is the local governing body for USA Swimming competitive swimming programs in 21 of Maryland's counties (excluding Prince George's and Montgomery Counties). <> Quinns an amazing swimmer. 20499. That year, he was a complementary swimmer on a deep team that won a sixth consecutive state title. His winning time of 1:49.60 in the 200 IM broke an eight-year-old 5A record by more than a second. Here's a look back at some of the best stories and memorable moments. Two years ago, they were pretty good, pretty close. But I have another year.. Rockville Swim and Fitness Center 355 Martins Lane Rockville, MD, 20850 United States (map) Google Calendar ICS. An hour later, he was back in the blocks for the 500 free, where he posted a personal-best 4:28.20 that qualified for All-America honors yet left him with something to shoot for as a senior. FTC Disclaimer | Terms of Use & Privacy Policy Kim returned to the state meet Saturday with plenty of company. The runner-up Eagles, who won the 2020 title, had three individual champions and won the 400 freestyle relay. Winston Churchill - 275 2. Kind of a hollow championship, Braden Keith is the Editor-in-Chief and a co-founder/co-owner of SwimSwam.com. Racing at State Championships have increased odds to qualify for Sprint- and Olympic-Distance National Championships at USA Triathlon Nationals. Check out which teams will be racing at Hereford for the State Championship next week. The winningest diver in the area, Mazzara took home first place at Metros, ISLs, the Washington Metropolitan Prep School Swim Dive League championships and National Catholics. Diving will take place on the 15th at Wilson Aquatic Center. Indeed, Wilson jumped out to a one-second lead in the first 50 yards and stretched it out to an eventual 2.75-second victory in a personal-best time of 4:54.03 that earned her All-America consideration. And while all three PIL champions are seniors, Adams believes Lincoln with four underclassmen among the scoring swimmers Saturday and the PIL wont recede into the background anytime soon. teams in the United States. Name Team Points; 1 Daniel Diehl Cumberland MD YMCA 900.25 2 Luke Corey Naval Academy Aquatic Club . Maryland Swimming is part of Eastern Zone Swimming and USA Swimming. 2023 Robert J. Hogan Memorial Mini Meet . The team was also home to 2020 Tokyo Olympians, Long Beach Poly Ends Wilsons Historic 49-Year Win Streak With 1st Moore League Title, Great Hearts Monte Vista Girls, Andrews High School Boys Win 2023 Texas 4A State Titles, St. Stephens Episcopal School (TX) Gets $17M Gift to Build New Natatorium, Clovis West High Completes $7.5 Million Renovation to Pool, Including New Shade Cover, Maryland State Rep. Proposes Bill Requiring Schools to Have Swimming Curriculum, Share Washington DC High School Association to Add Swimming State Championship on Facebook, Tweet Washington DC High School Association to Add Swimming State Championship, Submit Washington DC High School Association to Add Swimming State Championship to Reddit, Share Washington DC High School Association to Add Swimming State Championship on Pinterest, Share Washington DC High School Association to Add Swimming State Championship on LinkedIn, 2022 European Junior Championship Dates Announced, Derek Maas, Rhyan White & Riley Gaines Named SEC Swimmers of the Week, #11 Leah Shackley Decommits from Indiana, Commits to NC State (2024-2025), John Stafford (Matthews Dad) Wins US Masters National Title 2 Years After Heart Attack, 2023 NCAA Finalist Ashley Turak Returning to Indiana for COVID-19 5th Year, 2023 NCAA Qualifier Flynn Crisci Transferring to Tennessee for 5th Year, Division III Record Holder Tanner Filion Transferring to Notre Dame for 5th Year. Not a bad way for Crater senior Marcus Gentry to finish his high school career before heading to Notre Dame. But I guess being part of something new, building something up, because Westview hasnt really scored that much in a while, really means so much to be a contributor to the team.. 200 freestyle: Eleanor Sun, Sr.; Liza Goetcheus, Sr.; Addison Webb, Fr. The District of Columbia State Athletic Association (DCSAA) has announced that they will add state championships for both wrestling and swimming this winter season. I knew I was going to break that record, but the 200 IM, I wasnt too sure about. It really started out well when we won the (medley) relay, and the whole day has been fairly amazing, said Lustria, who will swim at UCLA next year. Churchill senior Charley Page-Jones, headed to UNLV in the fall, broke Van Mathias of Beavertons state record in the 100 butterfly, winning in 47.63, while Milburn led off West Albanys 5A-record winning 200 freestyle relay. Just as meaningful was breaking the 24-second threshold, something she hadnt done until Saturday. Sunset senior Hannah Trainer denied Derr a potential double by winning the 100 freestyle, holding off a fast-closing Meskill by 11-hundredths of a second to win in 51.96. The 2022 swimming and diving state championships were held at the University of Maryland Eppley Recreation Center on February 25 - 26. 2 0 obj document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Anya has been with SwimSwam since June 2021 as both a writer and social media coordinator. Among the SMAC boys on hand for the 3A/2A/1A State meet, La Plata freshman Gavin Abelende finished second in the 100 free (47.34) and was third in the 50 free (21.60). The Clovis West High School pool will provide a more comfortable spectator experience at this years California State Championship meet thanks to a new shade over the 1,300 seat grandstand. The following is a recap of the regional and state championship results. Meanwhile the Class 4A/3A meet will be swum the next Tuesday, March 3rd, at 4PM. 2022 Zone Open Water Championship June 25, 2022, Lake Quassapaug, Middlebury, CT (hosted by Hamden Hall Aquatic Club) .