In this role, she led the Freddie Mac H.R. /T 20936 Prior to Turner, she worked for organizations such as WestRock, Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting) and Willis Towers Watson (formerly Towers Perrin). Both companies are involved in "financial engineering . So that went on for almost another year. /Length 41 /S 52 It's so important. Jacqueline Welch: Yeah, so there's a lot of pre-work. The first year you're back, and did it feel like riding a bike again and you just went back into it? That didn't work out like I thought." Were very excited to have Jacqui succeed to the leadership of our HRDI division and serve as our CDO. /Type /Annot no. If there's anything I can do for you or someone in your network, I hope you'll let me know.". As head of HRDI, Welch delivers business and subject matter leadership, strategy and execution to the senior leadership team on organizational design and development, change leadership and alignment of all HR functions such as performance management processes, compensation programs and learning and development. Carol Fishman Cohen: Wow. per informarci del problema. She and her husband currently reside in Dallas, Texas. In her role as chief diversity officer, Welch will lead Freddie Mac's diversity and inclusion strategy for its workforce and supplier diversity programs, as well as across business activities. Further, while HR knows the salary history of internal candidates, that information is not shared with hiring managers. Carol Fishman Cohen: Oh, that's great. /Linearized 1 And in terms of what that was like, it was a complete, full time house, spouse and caregiver. Post open roles and connect with top relauncher talent! Caso continue recebendo esta mensagem, Si vous continuez voir ce I'll try to keep it brief. Welch also oversees the corporate community engagement program and our nine Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). 2,888 Views. Carol Fishman Cohen: Welcome to 3,2,1 iRelaunch,the podcast where we discuss strategies, advice, and success stories about returning to work after a career break. Individual salaries will, of course, vary depending on the job, department, location, as well as the individual skills and education of each employee. Jacqueline is the most senior relauncher we are aware of who is currently serving in her role. So that's another thing I would say is, don't wait till you have to go back to work. So there was a point at which I went, "Okay, I need to start putting myself out there," parenthetically and if were speaking in terms of finding another full-time opportunity. So, you have to close out those loops. Get the latest news, insights and jobs updates delivered to your inbox. Our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class talent, and to create the conditions for our people to do their best work, is paramount to the continued success of our mission and business. Don't forego where you've been, what you've done and who you've done it with, because somewhere, there might be a bridge between working full-time and not working at all that you can straddle until you determine what you want your next scenario to be and to look like. We've talked about that at the very front end. What's the worst that can happen? >> I'm excited by the work that Freddie Mac has already done to foster an organizational culture that competes and wins, and I'm ready to push that strategy forward, said Welch. Like many, Jacqueline Welch changed jobs in 2021. Freddie Mac pays its employees an average of $101,294 a year. Where is it based? I don't know that I was as planful as it all looks and worked out. So use that to your advantage. So this idea of work has been ingrained in my DNA for a really, really long time. /Type /Group And so it behooves any organization to include relaunchers in that talent pool. So every person's story is unique. Our oldest just turned 13. So it's not, you just pop up and go or stay home from work today. So thank you for the work that you've done in this area. DS5: What Does Economic Recovery From COVID-19 Look Like? Professionals rely on HW Media for breaking news, reporting, and industry data and rankings. I love it. yearly. But thinking more specifically about undergrad, my first job out of school was in retail. ", And I started going to interviews. Media: Eileen Murphy, eileen.murphy@nytimes.com or Danielle Rhoades Ha, danielle.rhoades-ha@nytimes.com, The New York Times Company Appoints Jacqueline M. Welch as Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201117005321/en/. Unlike the first sabbatical where I was time bound and I said, "This year I'm going to take a year off." /Subtype /Link Join the ranks of progressive employers that recognize the value in creating spaces for relaunchers to land so we can normalize career breaks once and for all. Retrospectively? Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Since our creation by Congress in 1970, we've made housing more accessible and affordable for homebuyers and renters in communities nationwide. enva un correo electrnico a It's not to say, "If it doesn't show up in exactly this way, I'm not going to pursue it." And if you liked this podcast, be sure to rate it on iTunes, and your favorite podcast platform. << How do you want to do it? I was a buyer with Lord and Taylor in New York City, which is where I was born and raised. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. But you should also just tend to them in terms of, "Oh, you gave me this piece of advice, here's how it panned out." /Filter /FlateDecode What kind of work do I think I want to do? to let us know you're having trouble. 10 0 obj So I would come home, grab my little Avon bag and go four blocks in each direction, and then get home, get my homework done and go to bed. /BaseFont /Helvetica 1991 Crocker Rd, Ste #600PO Box 45605-0605Westlake, OH 44145, Advocating for Yourself: Bhavana Bartholf. The estimated total pay for a Director at Freddie Mac is $328,544 per year. And actually hold that thought for a minute, because I wanted to talk about that in just a minute. So quite literally my first job was when I was 10. Although I don't know if I should say that on public record because the IRS might try to come and retroactively get some FICA from me. At the time it was called Rock Tenn Company, it's now WestRock. And, I think I would have continued doing that except I really do enjoy being inside of an organization and having a little bit more structure. Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) $:$5' Jacqueline M. Welch, Senior Vice President-HRDI; and Chief Diversity Officer. I had this one interview. Those are impressions that are being made on you, and you on the situation and the scenario. As interest rates remain high, a new study from Zillow has found that 15% more borrowers purchased mortgage points in 2022 than 2021, and continue to do so as interest rates hover around 6%. As parents, we all do the best we know how, and it's not till they're like 21 and older, and we're paying for therapy bills potentially that, "Okay. I mean, we're capitalists, so we try to get them to understand markets and all those things, at the level that they were at that time. Carol Fishman Cohen: Yeah, exactly. Business: Financial Services 4 15 The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) announced today that it has named Jacqueline M. Welch as executive vice president and chief human resources officer. Our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class talent, and to create the conditions for our people to do their best work, is paramount to the continued success of our mission and business. Aydanos a proteger Glassdoor y demustranos que eres una persona real. Prior to Freddie Mac, she served as senior vice president of international human resources for Turner Broadcasting. Prior to Turner, she worked for organizations such as WestRock (formerly Rock-Tenn Company), Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting) and Willis Towers Watson (formerly Towers Perrin). By the way, and I think the other thing I would suggest is when you come back, use "I'm new" for at least a year. Media: Eileen Murphy, eileen.murphy@nytimes.com or Danielle Rhoades Ha, danielle.rhoades-ha@nytimes.com. /Type /Action And so that began an almost six years stint with Turner Broadcasting. If this is a list of companies and these are the industries I'm thinking about, and these are the geographies, we need to use our tools then. And they won't even have the conversation. "Absolutely!" Senior Vice PresidentHRDI; and Chief Diversity Officer, Freddie Mac My intention was to take a year off. stream team and served as a trusted adviser to its board of directors and the executive team. /URI (http://ctt.marketwire.com/?release=1161052&id=5032177&type=1&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.freddiemac.com%2f) Learn about the various ways in which we collaborate with our partners to share knowledge and connect relaunchers to valuable resources and advice. The average compensation for a director (including the committee chairs) ranged from $111,134 at the FHLBank of Atlanta . I didn't say, "It's going to cost this much," or "It's going to take this number of hours." Real time. Jacqueline Welch: Yep, you gotta practice. 0000003368 00000 n startxref It is a $2 trillion balance sheet organization. 0000001249 00000 n /S /Transparency Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer Jacqueline M. Welch Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. They just knew things were happening, right? This number represents the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. And in preparation for this, I was thinking, how to talk about when one's career actually began. And when things got really material with Freddie Mac, we involved them with coming here to look for a place to live and those kinds of tactile experiences. But to your point, the whole idea of, "Oh, this is where mommy goes every day." She served as a trusted adviser to its board of directors and the executive team. << >> >> Jacqueline Welch: What is the range of pay for this position, and what do you need to see me do or know what I have done to be at the top end of that range? So tell me about your desk. I don't know, transparently, that my intention was to take so much time off. It's too much for me, but I don't want to say no. endobj an. Ms. Welch earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Syracuse University and a Master of Science in Human Resources Management from The New Schools Milano School of Policy, Management and Environment. Freddie Mac gets diversity right. No, "because," and then explanation, none of that. Our flagship event brings together high-caliber professionals seeking to return to the workforce after a career break - for childcare, eldercare, personal or family health issues or other reasons - with employers interested in recruiting them. /Rect [40 318.925 173.7375 329.925] She is also responsible for the compliance of the diversity reporting requirements required by law and directed by Freddie Macs regulator and conservator, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA). But I am making that observation for others. in Government, News January 14, 2018 2,876 Views. The estimated total pay for a Manager at Freddie Mac is $201,436 per year. You can contact her at, theMReport.com copyright 2023 is a registered trademark of The Five Star Institute, Freddie Mac Appoints Jacqueline Welch as CDO and HRDI Head.