Press the Windows + I keyboard shortcut on Windows 11 to open the Settings page quickly. Double-click on the new value you created, and enter 1 into the Value data field. I have successfully uipgraded to 22H2 with an unsupported CPU. Yea you can get it working but may have a headache going forward with updates. The System > About shows Im running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2, OS Build 22621.525, and typing winver in a Run window also shows Windows 11, 22H2. 9. Realizing that I disabled the network interface card on my VM at which point it got past the checks and continued the install. WebJump to solution Almost all Threadripper and Threadripper Pro CPUs arent listed as supported hardware for Windows 11 21H2 or 22H2. Yesterday at 12:37 PM. Instead, you must use a bootable USB flash drive or ISO file to perform a clean install or in-place upgrade manually. In that case, at the last step, it will tell you that there is no option to keep your files and applications. Privacy policy info. Reporting online international settings. To create a registry key, right click in the right window pane and select New->Key. : Heres the whole process from start to finish in three easy steps. Windows 11 requires UEFI. Tried it and did not work for me. Click the Skip button if you do not need to configure a second layout. Works now!!! (If you built your own PC, search for your motherboard model name instead.). (Optional) Confirm a name for the computer. Step 4: Upgrade or Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PCs Option 1: Use the Setup.exe to Upgrade to Windows 11 Open the bootable USB drive and click the setup.exe file. Hi, i used the procedure but my installer stucks at 71%. I disconnected my internet cable from the pc and installed 22H2 and it went right through without any problem. dll file. If everyone who finds this website useful and helps to support it, the future would be much more secure. TOSHIBA Sattelite P50t-A , i5-3337u ( laptop) After We cant tell if your PC.. The steps are virtually failproof. WebHow to Install Windows 11 22H2 on Unsupported PC, Hardware | 2023 New Trick Tech Sanjeet 42.3K subscribers Join Subscribe 828 Share Save 38K views 7 months ago Any ideas? Microsoft Is Forcing Watermarks on Unsupported Windows 11 PCs, Cant Run Windows 11? Once you have downloaded the zip file with the modified appraiserress.dll, open it and simply drag it into the sources folder: Then confirm that you want to replace it: To double-check, make sure that the file size in the sources folder is now 192 kilobytes: Thats all we had to do to apply the workaround to the installer and were ready to start installing the upgrade. And thank you jensd for your great work on this subject!! Windows 11 removed support for 32-bit x86 CPUs and devices that use BIOS firmware. The We cant tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 11. 8. Well, Microsoft provides an official way to install Windows 11 with older CPUs and TPM 1.2 chips, for example. If you want to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 11, click the Change what to keep option, select the Nothing option, click the Next button, and then click the Install button. 4. For most people, this method is ideal, but there are a couple of disadvantages. Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Was very angry when I couldnt install 11 from 10 as my machine was unsupported despite the spec. Create a new registry key under Setup and name it LabConfig. Ik start setup, geef aan nu geen updates te downloaden, klik op volgende, en krijg daarna de foutmelding We kunnen nu niet bepalen of uw pc gereed is om windows 11 te blijven installeren. Since we launched in 2006, our articles have been read billions of times. Create a DWORD (32-bit) Value called AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU if it doesn't already exist. Examine the Windows 11 System Architecture. Go to Solution. Modern Linux distributions like Ubuntu and Fedora work on PCs with Secure Boot enabled, so you dont necessarily have to disable this security feature to install Linux. Internet disconnection is also important and do not reconnect until everything is complete. So no checks etc. Voor mij was dat de oplossing! These files work in the same way as the above registry hackthey just set the AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU value to 1 (to enable unsupported upgrades) or 0 (to revert to the default setting). The original method to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 on unsupported hardware is no longer working and also on Windows 11 installations that used any of the workarounds to overcome the hardware check, the 22H2 update will most likely not be offered through Windows update. Bedankt voor de moeite! This could be what is interfering with the install. Windows 10 will be officially supported with security updates until October 2025. Its a back-up machine in my guest room for use by visiting friends and family, so I am very happy to have extended its useful life. Go to Microsoft's website and download the Windows 11 disk image ISO. Did you use a different method to do the initial install or upgrade to Windows 11 on these? UPDATED 4/12/2023: If you have a computer with unsupported hardware, you may upgrade to Windows 11, but not through Windows Update. Since a few weeks, Microsoft has released their 22H2 update. Could you try to remove the added registry key (most likely you mean AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup) and re-run the setup? I got the We cant tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 11. I have checked my system info and I definitely have Windows 11 Pro 212H OS Build 22000.1098, i upgraded my windows 11 21h2 to 22h2 a couple hours ago without any issue on an unsupported device. With the introduction of Windows 11 also came some restrictions on supported hardware. Without modifications, Windows 11 can only be installed on computers with at least 8th-generation Intel processors or second-generation AMD Ryzen processors, paired with a functioning TPM security module and Secure Boot enabled. Set AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU to 1. There are several ways to do this. In Windows, hit Start and type regedit, then hit enter to launch the Registry Editor. mounted it and q. no errors, no pauses, a smooth install. Version: 10.0.22000.653 The instructions are thorough. However, this wont eliminate other checksfor example, if your computer doesnt have a TPM at all, this registry change wont let you upgrade. Under the Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) section, click Select Download, and select Ik heb net jullie handleiding gevolgd en een Windows 11 21H2 pro guest succesvol op 22H2 kunnen updaten. I've got a small favor to ask. Good luck! The end of Windows 10. Boot off of your Windows 11 install disk. But using AveYo's Media Creation Tool workaround script solved the problem. Then enter the key name. I came to the conclusion that if I remained connected to the internet then this may be a problem for the install to succeed. Open skip_tpm.cmd for editing, using notepad or another text editor. Said Windows Server on install, but installed Windows 11 and works great. 2022-10-08 01:12:31, Info UI Will launch ConX setup experience As you may know microsoft has released to Beta Insider Preview Channel the latest version of Windows 11. This update implements the new Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS) as a Windows inbox feature. Great to hear. Click Install to continue with the upgrade: Once you do, the upgrade will take place and your current installation will become Windows 11 22H2 not important if you started this from Windows 10 or already from Windows 11. How to run Windows 11 22H2 on unsupported processors I have two old computers behind my main one: 1. 5 New Windows 11 users will be shown and need to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms after selecting Download and install before the download will commence. Read more Windows 11 has strict system requirements, but there are ways around them. If you don't have one, see our story on how to download Windows 11. Chris Hoffman is Editor-in-Chief of How-To Geek. Click on the Image option drop downandselect Extended Windows 11 Installationto disable TPM, Secure Boot and the 8GB of RAM requirement. Eventually if all goes fine, you should be greeted with your trusty desktop but this time running Windows 11 22H2. Now, use the installation media to perform a clean installation of Windows 11, wiping your driveyou may have to put your computers firmware into UEFI mode first. But this isreally unsupportedyoure even more at risk of encountering bugs and not getting future security updates if you hack your way around even these base-level requirements. Once you complete the steps, Windows 11 will install in an unsupported state, so you may not get security or driver updates. Sign up for Verge Deals to get deals on products we've tested sent to your inbox daily. The We cant tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 11. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7567U CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz If the tips above and the registry hack arent enough for your PC, now things start to get dicey. However, we have another tutorial on how to install Windows 11 without a Microsoft Account by using a few tricks. You should be able to continue with your Windows 11 installation as normal. The computer will automatically connect to the network if it uses an Ethernet connection. All editions of Windows 10, version 22H2 will continue to receive security and optional releases. Right-click the Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd file and select the Run as administrator option. Regards Brian. Everything worked as you said except it starts to install and then kicks out at about 22 percent?? Any other workaround? I got the same issue, after replacing the DLL, I got to the step which ask me to accept the license. Privacy policy info. This method worked fine as of today, for Win11 pro virtual machine under XCP-ng. Andbingo! [gle=0x800700c1] Im sorry, I got one screen further, it does NOT work any idea? Why Microsoft would deliberately hold back this upgrade seems suspicious to me. Install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware from USB, Upgrade to Windows 11 on unsupported hardware from ISO file, Upgrade to Windows 11 on unsupported hardware from Registry. At the time of writing the latest version is 3.19 which includes the Extended Windows 11 Image support. Thanks, Cornel and Jens. Jens, it does not work, I get the same message as the first poster here. I have had success on two old machines. Hello Jens mate in the tutorial it set to download Windows 11 Home whereas I already have Windows 11 Pro installed on unsupported hardware so how do I get the Pro version from the media download? Weve also seen mixed reports of success from people following these tricks. Sure, this method works in the same way for home and pro. I wanted to upgrade to 22H2 / Sign up for Verge Deals to get deals on products we've tested sent to your inbox daily. Windows 11 received a mixed reception at launch. Enable Unsupported Upgrades registry hack, How to Create a Bootable Windows 11 USB Drive. Select the editionandclick Continue. In the registry editor, navigate to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup and add a new key there called LabConfig. TPM 2.0 is in essentially all CPUs from 2015 onwards. Thank you. Thanks. Thanks my friend for this very informative article! Thank you man! I successfully installed Win 11 22H2 on my unsupported Dell Precision M4800 laptop. Probably until the next big feature update, which time will tell: At this point you can also safely delete the folder that we created from the desktop: Hope this post can help you to upgrade to Windows 11 22H2. In the right pane, right-click and pick New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. 2022-11-28 00:53:21, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl > >::ExecuteResponse(1371): Result = 0x800704D3 No file -> fails All preparation is done at this point and now we can just launch setup.exe from the 22H2 folder: In the first step, make sure to disable any updates as that might undo the replaced file. Duration: 02:46: Viewed: 11,867: Published: 14-06-2022: Source: Youtube Step 1) Get the Windows 11 ISO. I have yet to see any must-have features from Win11 to make me recommend a quick upgrade to win11 so it is best to wait for now to see how things pan out. To get started, open the Registry Editor. With the file appraiserres.dll present on Win 10 Home (yes, a Windows TEN file). 3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup. For known issues that might affect Required fields are marked *. Since most computers have different settings, check your manufacturer support website for more specific details. Option 2: Install Windows 11 from a USB Drive Boot the Windows system Had similar problems trying to do the update. Double-click the newly created key and set its value from 0 to 1. Select the architecture (most likely x64) and click Download. Microsoft warns that you should only do this if you know your PC supports UEFI, and that you may have to change settings in your PCs firmware to make it boot in UEFI mode rather than legacy BIOS mode afterward. Hit OK and close the registry editor. I just downloaded the ISO using Rufus paying attention to matching languages then using Ik heb voor de zekerheid de hele procedure 2x herhaald maar zonder resultaat. Een voor mijn DTP werkzaamheden en een voor games en dergelijke. By the way I am an absolute layman. We can now mount this ISO by simply double-clicking on it: As you can see, this creates an extra virtual DVD drive on this computer representing the ISO file which we downloaded. My pc does not meet win 11 install requirements, however I installed Win 11 Pro early in 2021 and its been working fine with 21H2. 2022-11-28 00:54:08, Error MOUPG CDlpTask::Cancel(982): Result = 0xC1800104[gle=0x00000003] For information about Windows update terminology, see the article about the types of Windows updates and the monthly Ive seen this error a few times. Although more people are reading Pureinfotech, many use adblocker. Want to skip the registry-editing process? While that 5.1GB image is downloading, lets move to step two. Although its not supported, Microsoft has published a workaround to bypass the Windows 11 requirements to continue the setup by editing the Registry. Hi Jens, do you know if this update also works in the following manner? Or Select the Only save files to this PCoption. If your computer doesnt have a TPM at all, for example, itsreally unsupported. Youll just have to agree to a warning first. If you want to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 11, click the Change what to keep option, select the Nothing option, click the Next button, and then click the Install button. It gets to 100%, closes and nothing happens. New York, In the second section of our tutorial below, we'll show you how to use Rufus to create a requirement-free Windows 11 install disc. 2. First, it requires a 16GB or larger USB Flash drive. I headed to Microsofts windows 11 download page and downloaded the windows 11 iso. Ensure that Boot Selection shows Disk or ISO imageandclick DOWNLOAD. Thanks so much. First, lets be clear: If youre on the fence, we recommend against upgrading an unsupported PC to Windows 11. Does that mean it has been installed? This worked for me on the second attempt on a ten-year-old Dell XPS 2710 with no TPM and an usupported (i7-3770) CPU. I can confirm that this also works by choosing USB flash drive instead of ISO. The 22H2 update seems to change some things that could prevent to work around the hardware checks. To upgrade an unsupported Windows 10 device to Windows 11, use these steps: Open File Explorer. Since we need to replace a file here we will first need to copy all of the contents of the mounted ISO to a new folder on the desktop. But some problems occurred, which were not associated with your patch, and which Id like to describe in order to help those who might encounter them too. You may also need to install a UEFI update for your computer or its motherboard. In other words, you can continue with the setup manually if you choose to install Windows 11 on incompatible hardware. Reddit user AceRimmer412 posted a screenshot of Windows Update offering him to download Windows 11 version 22H2 on his Windows 10 PC with an unsupported Intel Core i5-7200 CPU. Paste in the code you copied from github. Click on This PC from the left pane. Security updates should not be a problem, but you may need to repeat this process if Microsoft releases a large update, such as Windows 11 version 22H2. Should You Upgrade an Unsupported PC?How to See Why Your PC Is UnsupportedHow to Enable TPM 2.0How to Enable Secure BootHow to Fix No UEFI (MBR Instead of GPT)Registry Hack for Unsupported CPUs and/or Only TPM 1.2PCs With No TPM at All, No UEFI, or Other Major Problems. Managed to put it on last year but the update didnt come through. So your Windows 11 21H2 will have end of support sometime in 2023, either you are forced to get the feature update (which may or may not kill your computer) or Microsoft put a block on your computer because you are still running with legacy drivers (such as Realtek HD Audio Manager). Of the 4 two have Tpm 2 and came with windows 10, but unsupportive processor. On 2 pcs of more recent date I also get the following message We cant tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 11. I did not need to alter the ISO, no need for a Registry hack, no need to download anything outside official microsoft site, etc., just use one file of a Windows 10 Install media that replaces one file (not on the ISO, on the System drive while in middle of the install proccess). Whatever you do, we recommend you back up your important data first. Many thanks! Next, select your language and click on the Confirm button. (Optional) On the Lets customize your experience page, select one or more ways you plan to use the device to allow the setup to suggest tools and service customizations during this experience. It may even be possible to upgrade from TPM 1.2 to TPM 2.0 with a firmware update on some PCs; it depends on your hardware and system manufacturer. As we'll detail in the third section below, a script from AveYo's Media Creation tool github page will allow you to bypass Windows 11's TPM requirement even with Windows Update. Yes, you should always wait at the beginning. On this Microsoft page, scroll down to Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO). We cant tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 11. And with which method? 7. If Windows 11 has been previously activated after the installation, reactivation will happen automatically. 2. Even if your PC is incompatible with Windows 11 22H2, you can use Rufus to create bootable media for installing Windows 11 22H2. You now have to type regedit in the command box and again press "Enter". Hi there, I followed everything you said in your video and at the moment I want to replace the appraiserres.dll file says is there not enough space, Ive tried several times but I received the same answer, if you kindly helped me to achieve this Ill be always thankful, thanks in advance. To install Windows 11 preview on unsupported devices, follow these steps: Backup Windows Registry. Just know that Microsoft reserves the right to withhold security updates if you go this route. Its always important to have a backup, especially when upgrading to a new operating systemand especially when that new operating system isnt officially supported on your hardware. To ensure the change takes effect, reboot your PC before continuing. The errors in setuperr.log are like: 2022-10-08 12:20:31, Error CONX Windows::Compat::Appraiser::Utilities::ExtractResourceToFile (675): Could not LoadLibrary to resource: [193]. If those features cannot be enabled on your PC, you must use a few registry hacks to force Windows 11 to install. What is SSH Agent Forwarding and How Do You Use It? 2022-10-08 01:12:31, Info UI Inspecting ConX Setup Cmdline Confirm the privacy settings best suit your situation by turning on or off the toggle switch for each setting. WIthin LabConfig, create DWORDs values called BypassTPMCheck and BypassSecureBoot and set each to 1. Or click the Skip button to skip this part of the setup. This guide will teach you how to install Windows 11 (version 22H2) on a computer with incompatible hardware. start Setup opnieuw. According to Microsoft, computers will likely experience more crashes, support wont be available, and updates wont be guaranteed. so i needed not to do it again, before i upgraded, i updated my devices drivers to the current and did the same with windows update. If you want to use Windows Update rather than creating an install disk, you'll need a method that runs in Windows and fools the updater into thinking you meet the requirements. Microsoft Windows 11 health check: And Im in the same situation as the last poster Wei. This update has some new features and bugfixes. If you have a wireless connection, you must set up the connection manually (a security key may be required). Also, dumpbin fails to dump the DLL saying it is a MS_DOS executable. Thank you. To begin the Windows 11 upgrade process, use these steps: Click the Accept button to agree to the terms. If you used the Media Creation Tool to download an ISO file for Now, many of these devices have successfully upgraded to Windows 11, version 22H2. Proceed and download the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from from Microsoft. Everything works perfectly. Remember that if you install Windows 11 on an unsupported PC, you may be unable to receive future updates. OS Build 22000.1880. However, if I go into Windows Update it thinks Im still running Windows 10 as the history shows all my Win 10 updates. He's written about technology for over a decade and was a PCWorld columnist for two years. 2022-11-28 00:54:07, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl > >::Execute(493): Result = 0xC1900201 To create a new DWORD value, right click in the right window and select new DWORD (32-bit) Value then name the key, double click to open it and set it to 1. Thats it! 5. Unsubscribe any time Powered by follow.it (Privacy), our Privacy. It's a bug and the right team is investigating it. 4. The registry workaround where you set (allowupgradeswithunsupportedtpmorcpu) still requires TPM 1.2 (if Im not mistaken) so it doesnt work for anyone on unsupported hardware. If you want to undo your change, double-click the Undo file. On this Microsoft page, scroll down to Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO). Try restarting Setup. Like the need for a fairly recent CPU, TPM 2.0 and secure boot. You can now download and run the Windows Installation Assistant toolfrom Microsofts website to upgrade your PC to Windows 11, just as if it had a supported CPU or TPM 2.0.