9AM-5PM CT Sat-Sun (Chat & Email Only), Burris Sunshade-SMag 4.5-14,Cmp 4-12 (2.25 inch), Burris Sunshade - Signature Select 44mm (3.0 inch), Burris Sunshade-Fullfield II 4.5X-14X Stackable (3.0 inch), Burris Sunshade - Fullfield II 6.5X-20X-50mm, 3.0 inch. I just mounted it to my M&P Core 9mm 5", use the #5 plate that came with the gun along wit. The FastFire 3 will easily work with the Glock MOS system. Waterproof roof to keep the glass of your sight clean 3-MOA/8-MOA bright red dot for fast target acquisition Choice of automatic or 3 settings of manual brightness sensors to adjust to lighting conditions Windage and elevation adjustments to make fine-tuning easy Neuenbrg is a town in the Enz district, in Baden-Wrttemberg, Germany. October 17, 2019, by I dont doubt that the Burris FastFire 3 will hold up to general recoil abuse, inclement weather, and during the inevitable bumps of hunts or everyday carry. The first coat of arms associated with Neuenbrg is from 1535, and showed the tower in red but the field as being blue. Apart from the battery type, access is superb. We do not have any adapter plates for the APX at this time. Shopping with us is absolutely safe - you never have to worry about credit card safety when shopping here 2023 Copyright, entire contents by CTD, Inc. Cheaper Than Dirt! Our Price: $229.99. Burris has mounts available for the FastFire III for WAY more guns that most red dot sights. Overall, the Burris FastFire 3 is an efficient, mini red dot sight ideal for the pistol but can be equipped to rifles for short-range applications. At the end of the day, the micro-sized pistol red dot earned my approval. Burris Fullfield IV Scope 3-12x42mm Ballistic E3 Reticle Matte Black. Please try again. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Received it with the usual quick shipping I've come to expect with OpticsPlanet. There was a problem completing your request. Plus the compact and lightweight design wont disrupt your balance or handgun handling. How to Change Lenses on Wiley X Air Rage Sunglasses! And compared to most other Red dot sights I have tried the FastFire 3 comes with all the stuff you need to get going, which is really nice.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'huntingheart_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_2',140,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-huntingheart_com-medrectangle-4-0'); I have tried 9mm, 40mm, 45mm, carbine, .308, 30-06 and a shotgun. 2023 Burris Company. On average, most pistol sights will have 1 MOA adjustments, and this is true of the Burris FastFire 3. Available with Picatinny/Weaver mount for mounting on rifles, handguns and tactical shotguns. This is a limitation for those who dont usually practice those extra steps in professional applications and home defense. Ok what is new Surefire has been making replacement forearms with lights for year for both Remington and Mossberg, problem is the cost low in being 300.00. Our Verdict: For the money, the Burris FastFire 3 is the best pistol red dot sight for anyone looking for a cheaper alternative than a Leupold, Sig, Trijicon, etc. 3 MOA sized red dot, perfect for more precise targeting. Light and tough, the FastFire 3 series puts an unmistakable, bright red dot on your target to give you an immediate speed and accuracy advantage. Burris Thermal SmartClip on Adapter for 58mm U.S.E Burris Xtreme Tactical Base Remington 700 Short Action Weaver Style Scope Base S Burris Xtreme Tactical Base Remington 700 Short Ac Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56mm Rifle Scope FFP SCR-MOA Reticle. Here's a Burris FF3, but with an 8 MOA dot. Its a good thing since I havent yet accidentally hit it. The FF3 has slight distortion around the edges though, a little blue tint, and the dot shape isn't the best. Since I had heard really good things about this budget-friendly red dot sight, I was wondering how it would compare to the juggernauts in the field: Aimpoint and EOTech. Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2018. Select a specific model above to see the deal! This cover features a patent-pending design featuring neoprene material, therefore soft and does not scratch your scopes delicate finish. After about a year and a half the sight stopped working. I was tipped off to speak with the guys at EGW (Evolution Gun Works) thanks Sig Sauer. If you have astigmatism, Ive heard that its one of the better ones for it. Shoot with confidence - you're covered by the Burris Forever Warranty. Continue with Recommended Cookies, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Our Associate portal can be found here. Also, the windage and elevation are quite simple to adjust for both sights. The only part that worries me is the super fine threads that Burris usesbut, so do most other scope companies. SHIPS FREE. It was low profile enough that I needed to change my cheekweld, so a riser might be in order if youre intending it for an AR-15. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA, and these products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. The Burris FastFire 3 is covered by Burris Forever Warranty. I'll try to update this review once I have my suppressor in hand in a few months (hopefully) to report if it makes any appreciable difference. With the auto-brightness sensor, it offers the best performance without the need for adjustment. Installation of the FastFire 3 on the Glock modular optic system. GunVault SpeedSafe from SHOT Show 2012 A Vertically Mounted Pistol Safe! The boundaries for these two districts were taken from two former state sections that comprised Wrttemberg-Baden. Includes lens flip caps, sunshade, anti-reflection device, cover for Fastfire II, cleaning cloth, manuals, and original box. After the auto-off has deactivated the dot for battery conservation after eight hours, the button must be manually depressed to activate the dot. Automatic brightness sensor adjusts brightness to match the environmental conditions; also has 3 manual brightness settings, Battery access is conveniently located on the top of the sight; automatic time-out feature after 8 hours helps battery last up to 5 years, Available with Picatinny/Weaver mount for mounting on rifles, handguns and tactical shotguns. The battery compartment cap has an O-ring seal and the shield to the LED housing looks tight and sealed off. Total price: Add both to Cart. The features of the FastFire III will make it one of your go-to gun accessories for any optics ready handgun. ", The Fastfire 3 is the most affordable reliable option for entering the world of micro red dots. Email: sales@opticsplanet.com, 9AM-7PM CT Mon-Fri Get 10% Off - Subscribe to Our Email List, Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897 Need it Kevin curry: Please try again. The process doesnt involve any hassles. However, if rapid dot-on-target acquisition is what you need for close quarters with illumination that quickly adapts to the current conditions, the Burris FastFire 3 is an ideal red dot. I purchased this scope based on reviews. Range testing Burris FF3 with rail mount on M&P 15/22. There is no repair or replacement charge, and Burris will pay for the return shipment of the red dot. Burris FastFire Red-Dot Reflex Sight with Picatinny Mount ( 4 MOA Dot Reticle) $34995. One Piece Scope Mount 1" AR-15 M4 Black 410343. One of the cooler things about the FastFire III is that it can be mounted on a number of different guns. My real worry is "how secure is this thing and if I did use it would it fly off in a match . [3], The township (Stadt) of Neuenbrg covers 28.17 square kilometers (10.88sqmi) of the Enz district, within the state of Baden-Wrttemberg and the Federal Republic of Germany. Light and tough, the FastFire 3 series puts an unmistakable, bright red dot on your target to give you an immediate speed and accuracy advantage. I was shooting iron sites on a Ruger Mk III pistol and we were shooting at cattails from about 15 yards. This is unlike Vortex, which comes with a shielding housing. Overall, I really like that the FastFire 3 comes with a pic rail in the box, and in my opinion, it offers value to choosing the FF3 over expensive alternatives that dont. Clearly, she immediately became attached to executing her newly earned freedoms and rights. The Sig has a unique Romeo 1 cut with a straight dovetail and wide mounting holes. You can see how much less cluttered the FOV is on the FF3 than Micro-type sights and how much cleaner the sight picture is. Automatic brightness sensor will adjust the brightness to match the environmental conditions. Two screws, a little loctite, and I was in business. This is where the scale (line references) on the turrets come in handy. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Neuenbrg originated as a village around a castle built by the House of Vaihingen [ de] in the 12th century. Overall, the dot size would work for applications where short ranges are covered for immediate dot visibility and target take-down. I want to tell you about the new Burris FastFire III (which we first got to take a look at in January at SHOT Show), but Im having a hard time figuring out which of the huge number of features to start with. Burris will repair or replace your optic if it is damaged or defective. Automatic brightness sensor adjusts brightness to match the environmental conditions; also has 3 manual brightness settings. Besides, the FastFire 3 can be paired on an existing sight and is also ideal as a primary sight. The geological makeup of the municipal area is decided by the meeting of the Pfinzhgelland's muschelkalk and keuper and the Black Forest's buntsandstein plateaus. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. Burris Scope Sunshades are high quality Rifle Scope Accessories install in seconds, reduce glare, and aid the shooter in reading mirage. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. A co-witness cannot be achieved.Below: No co-witness with Burris FF3. All three states were merged and the modern German state of Baden-Wrttemberg was founded on 25 April 1952. Burris FastFire $175.00 Burris Mount for FastFire Reflex Red Dot Sights $37.99 Dream Plastics Scope Cover for Burris FastFire 3 (2-Pack) - Green/Made in The USA! Secure your Fastfire 3 to Glock MOS plate with the longer screws together with lock washers. I think all scopes Should come equipped with a sunshade the looks an the sun glare that it prevents helps out a lot. Manage Settings Installed FF3 on Arsenal AK74 used Kvar scope mount. Available in a 3 MOA or 8 MOA red dot reticle, this is a super-versatile reflex sight. Even at the brightest settings, if your red dot sight is in a particularly bright room or direct sunlight it might prove difficult to see the dot. Bought this exclusively for my M&P 22 Compact. Arnbach, Dennach, and Waldrennach were fully incorporated into Neuenbrg on 1 January 1975. The battery life is still really long, but if it does run out of battery life youll be okay. ", The FastFire III dramatically increases your aim and accuracy by leaps and bounds. and I chose this sight out of pure economic necessity. The FastFire 3 has a smaller objective diameter than the RMR. Amazon has encountered an error. Use the FastFire III as your primary sight or paired on top of an existing sight. Best Uses: Recreational Use, Hunting, Target Shooting, Home Defense/SHTF, Short-Range, Pistol & Rifle Use. Purchased this item to shoot steel competition with my Beretta 92FS (9mm) in 2014. The first thing that met my eyes was the User Guide and an optics pad, then a little hood that you can use to put over the FastFire 3. I highly recommend it, as well as the Burris FF2 line of scopesbest quality for the price, and I've looked through lots of them. Plate 01 is for mounting the Fastfire sights. With my open sites, the best I could do was 5-6 hits in a 9 round clip. Given my experience with the battery cap, I didnt submerge it, but I did drown it with water. Great stuff. Fred, Its not perfect but for value, its an excellent, all-round sight that can serve for multiple applications. It was easy to mount once I was able to remove the factory rear sight and find the right insert. The power and target dot buttons are convenient and easily accessible. Its approximately 1.8 (L) x 1.25 (H) x 1 (W) according to me and my measuring tape. However, it comes with a cover to protect it from harmful environmental elements. $199.00 Unlike competitors, this red dot sight doesnt have a light-shielding cover. Available with No Mount, which allows you to match it with the perfect mount for your use, whether it's sidearm, co-witness on an optic like an AR-332, or a shotgun. I like that the dot is very visible and I imagine it will be great for older eyes. The sensor of this device allows brightness adjustment according to your environment. Generally speaking, the 8 MOA dot is most popular for short range shooters, especially with handguns or shotguns. I also think if you don't have flip caps the shade also h Bought this shade to eliminate sun glare and it works perfectly fits perfectly and very well made. First , Optics Planet has the best prices, shipping & customer service! This is important, as a huge variety of new uses can come into play because of the light weight. Reviewed in the United States on August 14, 2013. I was surprised at how small the actual FastFire 3 unit is. Mount the Burris FastFire 3 to your favorite handgun, shotgun, hunting or tactile rifle for greater accuracy and faster target acquisition. This is a battery conservation feature that is actually a benefit if you forget to turn it off. I went back to shooting and still hit the same groups I was getting. With the villages of Arnbach, Dennach, and Waldrennach [ de], Neuenbrg was assigned its own district. Burris XTR III 3.3-18x50mm Rifle Scope FFP SCR-MOA Burris Thermal SmartClip on Adapter for 53mm Objective Scopes. Its capital was Stuttgart. The FastFire 3 will work with virtually every "optics ready" handgun. Wrttemberg-Baden was subdivided into two administrative districts, known as Landesbezirke. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Even with that said, not everyone wants all the extra features. Theres an open slot on the other side to allow access to the button. Product Family #: 1548412795. Sighting in the Burris Fast Fire 3 Red Dot and using it in the Turkey Woods Part 2. The FastFire 3 is the best selling red dot sight from Burris. Nothing has rattled loose, the glass didnt shatter, and the frame held firm. It's crafted to resist recoil and is 100% waterproof, thanks to its high-grade aluminum housing and steel construction. The Trijicon RMR and Burris FastFire 3 are both state-of-the-art Glock sights. The change to a white field was made in 1956 by agreement of the municipal government and the Central State Archive Stuttgart[de]. Given its small window, I would say that more experienced pistol shooters will have an easier time using it especially in rapid fire engagements. Burris added a sun shade to the FastFire III to get the sun off the red dot, therefore giving you a perfect dot for fast target acquisition. I was sold. I own a number of Burris optics and have had good luck with them so I decided to go with the Fastfire 3. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. I have several pistols, and they all have this site. A side effect of shooting 1500-2000 rounds a week from the time I was 8 years old. Model #300223. [3], Neuenbrg's municipal coat of arms depicts a red, hexagonal tower upon a field of white. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. The only problem is that it was now a matter of having the right length screws. Where the Enz flows into Birkenfeld marks the lowest elevation above sea level in the municipal area, 309 meters (1,014ft) Normalnull (NN). In daylight conditions, Id say its very good even daylight bright. But it comes with a weatherproof hood. This FastFire Red Dot Sight provides parallax-free, 1x magnification that allows both eyes-open shooting for enhanced awareness. In addition to the supplied Core mount plate, you should buy the "UM TACTICAL Delrin Shim . Will it fit my s&w .45 acp full size pistol? Push the tiny button and it turns on and defaults to auto. Its totally parallax-free as most other modern red dot sights, which means that you can shoot with both eyes open. Burris 2.75x20mm Scout Rifle Scope Heavy Plex Reti Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42 Riflescope Ballistic Plex E1 Reticle 1/4 MOA Matte Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42 Riflescope Ballistic Burris XTR Signature Scope Ring Weaver/Picatinny Style. I thought I had it screwed in until I let off a round and it popped off during pistol recoil. A straw poll was held on 24 September 1950 in Wrttemberg-Baden, Wrttemberg-Hohenzollern and Baden regarding a merger of the three states, followed by a public referendum on 16 December 1951. The dot is large but excellent for intended purposes. Its powered by a 3 Volts CR32 battery. This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Please contact the firearm manufacturer for specific screw lengths necessary for correct mounting. It is situated on the river Enz, 10km southwest of Pforzheim. We want to ensure that making a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible! Bushnell Advance Micro Reflex Sight 1x5 MOA Dot, Black. However, the FastFire 3 offers the advantage of being lightweight and sturdy. Burris Company is owned by Beretta Holding S.p.A. Bright-red dot allows for fast target acquisition and easy aiming, Compact and lightweight, so it wont affect firearm balance or handling, 1x magnification allows both-eyes-open shooting, for enhanced awareness and target acquisition, Mounts to almost anythingincluding handguns, rifles, and shotgunsusing Burris mounting systems, Windage and elevation adjustments make fine-tuning easy, Index-matched, Hi-Lume multicoating provides low-light performance and glare elimination, Waterproof Nitrogen-filled body tubes prevent internal fogging in the cold and rain, Shockproof design stands up to years of punishing recoil. However, for a carry pistol, self-defense shot gun, or the like, youll need to manually press the button to activate the dot and visually confirm that its on before you can rely on it. SOG SlimJim and BladeLight at SHOT Show New SOG Knives! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. However, the slot to tighten/loosen the cap is going to be eaten alive over years of ownership. Its robust enough to handle all three, and the constant mounting and un mounting. The FastFire 3 battery compartment is right on top, allowing battery swaps quickly and without removing the optic. Tom.tdc.clayton@hotmail.co.uk Kevin curry: Although the device has efficient performance, it doesnt need large batteries. The FastFire 3 offers the features you want with easy handling and mounting. Every product relies on nearly 50 years of optical engineering experience to offer a perfect combination of features and performance to ensure a successful hunt or day at the range. I was really looking forward to getting my FastFire 3 from Burris. The biggest concern is the large 8 MOA dot size its not for everyone. Used it in matches and it performed flawlessly and I believe it helped me acquire the targets quicker. This ensures there is convenient carrying ability even when going for hunting or shooting sports. I also racked the slide multiple times rapidly against the bench. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. For me I see no reason at all to have an 8 MOA dot, its just too big for my taste and takes up to much of the vision in the scope. Every single product Burris makes is backed by this guarantee - including glass, coatings, electronics, scope tubes, and everything in between. Besides, this cover can accommodate the Vortex Venom scopes. Plus, the battery compartment has a top-access hatch so you don't have to remove the optic to swap it out (CR1632 battery included). The Burris FastFire 3 is small. The FastFire 3 will work with virtually every "optics ready" handgun. Reviewed in the United States on June 19, 2019. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. I really hope you buy your Burris Fastfire 3 here on Amazon, and I would be really thankful and happy if you use this link as its my affiliate link and i earn a few bucks, big thanks! An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. the only thing I can think of that might be a negative is the adjustments are 1 inch at 100 yards VS 1/4 at 100 like many other optics. Wow. Features that protect the electronics from leaks and damage include an aluminum frame, coated glass, sealed-in LED, and an O-ring sealed battery cap. The pings were all I needed to hear on 6 plates to know it will work and will work well for 25 yards plus some. So that being said price ,product, and customer service is why I chose the fast fire 3 and wow I'm glad I did! Also, the FastFire 3 allows you to change the battery with ease because you do not need to retract the scope from the mount. Every FastFire 3 includes aDetachable Picatinny Mount, a great accessory for mounting this red dot to rifles, shotguns, and any other platform that has a picatinny rail. And yes, it easily fits a Glock MOS system, Sight that mounts to handguns, rifles, shotguns, other sights even spotting scopes, The Burris FastFire is an excellent option for the shooter looking to compete in shooting sports at a good price. The end with the slot is for the front of the sight to clear the sensor. Light and tough, the FastFire 3 series puts an unmistakable, bright red dot on your target to give you an immediate speed and accuracy advantage. Disclaimer: Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not a substitute for advice from a licensed health-care professional. Dot sized to match the job The FastFire is available in 3 MOA or 8 MOA size (or 4 MOA on FastFire 2). Apart from the slight difference in price, there are other notable differences between the Burris FastFire 3 and Burris FastFire 2. Does the Burris fastfire 3 MOA Model 30023 5 come with a sun shade. contiguous 48 states, DC, and to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Where Do Whitetail-Deer Go When it Rains? This scope is high-quality. After some measurements, we decided the longer 6-48 mounting screws of the Venom would mount the FF3. However, these scopes are perfect for the Glock mounting system. They have unmatched features, but you wont lack notable similarities and differences. I would recommend it for some types of hunting, maybe home defense/carry, and definitely for target shooting and recreational applications like plinking. From allowing you to use their red dot on a multitude of firearms to giving you the chance to change the battery without having to sight in again, Burris put in a lot of time and effort to making sure you have a fantastic red dot sight for almost any purpose. OpticsPlanet, Inc. Celebrates 20 Years of Gear, OpticsPlanet Presents the 2019 Brilliance Award Winners. I bought this red dot sight mainly because of the price, which was considerably lower than other similar sights. Windage and elevation controls are not only precise and accurate, they're easy to adjust. A: Target Tamers purchased the Burris FastFire 3 to answer this question by testing its build, accuracy, and illumination quality. Its tiresome, but this is how I knew my FF3 wasnt defective it tracked true. (But still, these kinds of sights are way overpriced in my opinion.) The high coated lenses are the reason the device is reliable and competent. Yes it covers up just over 0.5 at 7 yards, 2 at 25 yards, and 8 at 100 yards (approx.). After laying down the big bucks for the C.O.R.E., I could not justify spending another $600 for a sight. I've always enjoyed shooting handguns but age is taking its toll on my eyesight and making it more difficult to shoot iron sights accurately. (any many were even worse) When I shot his gun with this site, it was a completely different animal. Light and tough, this sight projects an unmistakable, bright red dot on your point of impact, giving you an immediate speed and accuracy advantage. Overall, the Burris FastFire 3 is an efficient, mini red dot sight ideal for the pistol but can be equipped to rifles for short-range applications. Without something to grip onto, the cover is hard to take off. April 13, 2019, by The Burris FastFire 3 does not have auto on. The downside is that the FF3 has only three manual settings. Matt, With the villages of Arnbach, Dennach, and Waldrennach[de], Neuenbrg was assigned its own district. Available in a 3 MOA or 8 MOA red dot reticle, this is a super-versatile reflex sight. Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 8 MOA Reticle, Black, 300236, Demo Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 8 MOA Reticle, Black, 300236-DEMO, Open Box, Dealer Demo Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 3 MOA Reticle, Black, 300234-DMO, Demo Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 8 MOA Reticle, Black, 300237-DEMO, Demo Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 3 MOA Reticle, Black, 300234-DEMO, Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 8 MOA Reticle, Black, 300237, Demo Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 3 MOA Reticle, Black, 300235-DEMO, Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 3 MOA Reticle, Black, 300235, Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 3 MOA Reticle, Black, 300234-KIT2, Burris FastFire III Reflex Red Dot Sight, 3 MOA Reticle, Black, 300234-KIT1, See more best rated Red Dot Sights & Accessories products, Battery cap would not go back on no matter what I did, All Burris Red Dot Sights & Accessories Reviews, Burris FastFire Red Dot Sights & Accessories. It is easy to sight in and once it was I was pegging a 24 inch gong at 300 yards no problem, it was boring easy. But then again I am shooting steel plates and not bullseyes so there is more room for error. The FastFire 3 offers the features you want with easy handling and mounting. It has held up excellently - regardless of my battery cap issues. Good thing it happened during practice and not in competition. With 4 different brightness' for the red dot one will be perfect for you it says it stays on 8 hours so it's nice I never worry about needing to shut it Great awesome it's the perfect set up for me the window is huge and easy to look through with a very light blue tone. Reviewed in the United States on August 24, 2013. Can be used as a primary sight or paired on top of an existing sight. The first time I turned it on I was greeted with a red pile of scrambled eggs instead o Could not get the battery cap back on no matter what I did, ended up crossing the threads after trying to get it on for 30 minutes, Charged a premium price for an inferior product, couldve got the same thing for 20 bucks, definitely dont get what y Have not shot it on my handgun yet,bought from Optics Planet,great price,pretty impressive red dot,cant wait to try it out deer season,like the style,like the size,Ive owned other Burris scopes,I like the lifetime warranty. There's an 8-hour automatic time-out feature, and, depending on how much you use the red dot sight, a battery could last for up to 5 years! Will any of the base plates work for a Beretta APX? 36 years old, been hunting and fishing my entire life love the outdoors, family, and all kinds of hunting and fishing! Can be used as a primary sight or paired on top of an existing sight. Its clear enough to use and see the dot. It required the use of a sight pusher to remove the existing sight, though. The Burris FastFire III has automatic brightness sensors to match lighting conditions on the fly, or you can use the 3 manual settings. I had to do a fair amount of research to determine which mount to use based on the dovetail mount that was used for the rear target sight on my gun but, having done that, the installation was easy. I used the included tool to tighten the cap. I set up 3 shotguns for what one would cost if I did a surefire replacement forearm. The FastFire 3 takes a CR1632 battery. The final thing that really sets the FastFire III apart from most other mini red dot sights is its sun shade. It takes about a second (to my eye) to see it change upon activation though a camera reveals its continuously sampling light. Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL 1000-Lumen Weapon Light With Rail Locating Keys and Lithium Batteries, Box, Black, Streamlight 69424 TLR-7A Flex 500-Lumen Low-Profile Rail-Mounted Tactical Light, Includes High Switch Mounted on Light Plus Low Switch in Package, Battery and Key kit, Box, Black, Burris 300235 Fastfire III No Mount 3 MOA Sight (Black), Burris Mount for FastFire Reflex Red Dot Sights, DPP Titanium Rear Sight Dovetail Mount/Mounting Plate/Adapter Compatible with Glock Vortex Venom & Viper, Burris Fastfire, Docter, Vortex Optics Viper Red Dot Sight - 6 MOA Dot, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability, Waterproof roof to keep the glass of your sight clean, 3-MOA/8-MOA bright red dot for fast target acquisition, Choice of automatic or 3 settings of manual brightness sensors to adjust to lighting conditions, Windage and elevation adjustments to make fine-tuning easy. On the other hand, the FastFire three is light and sturdy. Tina hopes to impart her knowledge, especially that about optics, with anyone that wants to hear it.