But for three years in the late 70s, life in communities in and around the Lewis-Clark Valley was anything but ordinary. Ms. Lurvey's body arrived at the transfer station among the contents of a disposal truck, and had been discovered when contents were being removed and separated. (Unless the nap was taken in another part of the building which makes no sense. He was never under any duress at any time to have to hide anything, he was just a 10 year old boy who was confronted at the time with some very serious incidents, and didnt have the communication skills to express himself like an adult. Not the same killer, said Schoeffler, 62, who now lives in Yuma, Ariz. Schoeffler flew to Texas and then Florida to talk with people who confessed to killing sprees, but came away satisfied they had no connection to Davids death. It is fairly isolated from any major cities and area residents like it that way. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. She was riding her bike home, called to say that she was 5 minutes away, then vanished. The Richard Bear case isnt unsolved. Idaho County Sheriff Doug Ullmer didnt return a call seeking comment on the identification. However, police reportedly noted that voice stress analysis conducted on Voss during the questionings, showed some deception. You can share 5 more gift articles this month. Lying six miles downriver from Asotin, Washington, the area is a beautiful oasis of rivers, forests, and rolling prairie flatland. They are not the accused, seems like a no brainer to me. Have there been many cases over the years where a person killed three people at the same time single handedly( or in close proximity to one another) and dumped two bodies in the open where they could be found and then hid a third body in a remote area separate from the other two at the same time? A man from Genesee told investigators in early July that he had seen a man in a brown van with Oregon license plates stop to help a young woman who matched Ms. Davids description. The director said the only door unlocked was the one Steves key fit in the back (which matches other info.) The Lewiston Fire Department responded and extinguished the flames. Police are asking anyone who may have information to call (208) 746-0171 and speak to Detective Brian Erickson or Sgt. Low 52F. "Cold Valley" premieres Thursday, November 29 at 9 p.m. on ID. The stepson has spoken to police. Theories establish motive but require more time than I think the POI had. Growing concerned, she began looking for her, asking everyone she met if they had seen a little girl fitting Christinas description. Their relationship was no more perfect than any other stepparent child relationship, but it was not what has been posted on this forum. An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. [Altered Dimensions note: family members revealed that the DNA tests were specifically limited to another case in which Voss was a suspect and that all DNA evidence was legally restricted from being used in the Lewis-Clark Valley cases. Went missing in Lewiston on September 12, 1976. The girls both left their purses behind. You have permission to edit this article. If he didnt know her he didnt. I also have from the same source that if the stepson had really wanted to and really been afraid he had very protective grandparents 83 miles away in Joseph that he could have gone and lived with or a father out of state who would have come and got him if he felt threatened. The truth is I dont know and Im not sure I could find out from a direct source. Your e-mail address will be used to confirm your account. I guess the police know why they have linked these cases as one suspect but I am not privy to that info. This is not only a tragedy for the families of the victims but for the rest of the country where an uncaught serial killer has been allowed to roam free. In another case, Kristen David, 22, disappeared near Genesee in 1981 while riding her bike between Moscow and Lewiston. But despite their isolation from the evils of major metropolitan areas, during the late 1970s for three years, Lewis-Clark Valley was exposed to a demon of their own, one that many felt they knew the true identity of but were powerless to exorcise from their community. The body discovered Sunday has been identified as Ezekiel Fisher, who was reported missing a week ago. These horrible heinous crimes need to be solved to give closure to everyone that was affected by them. He did not live at 503 2nd St. There may have been some dirt somewhere on the floor and that is where it should be checked, but the makeup room was concrete with olive green tile with a few accidental acetone etchings on tile and all heavily trafficked areas were already concrete even then. Subscribe to the Altered Dimensions Newsletter. It looks like you do not have any active subscriptions. All Rights Reserved. Kristina left a note on the door of her house telling her boyfriend where they were going with instructions to go ahead and enter the home, make himself comfortable, and wait for them to return. Error! She took an interest in the case of the girl who disappeared three decades earlier. Your past will come up and bite you. Comments from several of the police officers involved in the case suggest that relationships between the various legal authorities in the area often suffer due the jurisdictional arguments (counties, cities, and states share borders in the area), differences in opinion, and likely personality conflicts between key investigative personnel. )The door was a heavy wood door with a noisy fit and loose dark green textured glass that made a lot of noise when it closed. Meanwhile, Christinas mother waited anxiously at the bottom of the hill. Her killer has not been found. I want answers too. But she was also quite involved with her artwork and she was a really good artist. Comments are not available on this story. His offer struck law enforcement as odd, not because serial killers often attempt to participate in the criminal investigations of their victims, but rather because Voss continued to suggest, excitedly, according to some, insistently, that they search in specific areas areas that would lead the police away from the locations their investigation was indicating they should check out. This might establish a firmer connection and help find more people that knew her through the theater that might also know something. Christina White, 12, was last seen at a friends Asotin house in the spring of 1979. Authorities theorize she was murdered, and Ralph is the prime suspect in her disappearance. However the Lewiston Police Department is investigating this incident as a homicide. However, shes hoping DNA could finally crack these cold cases. The home she visited at 503 2nd Street in Asotin belonged to Patricia Brennan, the girlfriend and future wife (they would marry two years later in 1981) of Lance Jeffrey Voss. I wanted to take another look at it, and using newer technology, get an idea of what could be done, she said. She used cadaver dogs to search the Lewiston Civic Theatre, where three people were last seen before they were reported missing in September 1982. If theres a reasonable explanation it could soften suspicion. Harold McNeil Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14 , 2021 Updated Oct 15, 2021; 0 . If your source is so reliable and you think its more reliable than mine than please give details of the how and why the stepson was afraid of him, because I have it from a very reliable source that he never was, only that they didnt always see eye to eye and that the stepson spent a lot of time with art and computer programming at school for long hours. Ground x-ray equipment should be enough until they see something. He was helping take care of her. It seems mighty relevant to me if it happened that way. Clothing was also found dark wool pants, a white cotton shirt with pink stripes, and a maroon sweater. I can say that I know He was not scared. He was a little quirky and was often misunderstood, but he has never had any fear of the stepdad, and definitely has nothing to hide. The Lewiston Tribune recently launched a new afternoon newsletter featuring stories and photos that will appear online before they are published in the newspaper. It may not be in the near future, but I think there will be answers. They began peppering him with questions. This seems to be a person with some pull some place. Last seen on June 29, 1979 in a pasture, where her husband had dropped her off to feed the horses, in Moscow, Idaho around 7:00 PM. The playing cards will often be distributed among inmates within the IDOC. Man bit by rattlesnake at Asotin Boat Launch, To much fanfare, cruise ship is christened in Clarkston, Youngsters take over rodeo arena at Asotin County Fair, Pullman man dies in single-vehicle crash near Idaho-Washington border, Turpin repeats as Seaport River Run champ (WITH FULL RESULTS), Warriors close out regular season with sweep, Vandals win second straight Big Sky men's tennis title, Area roundup: Greyhounds maul Knights in GSL baseball twinbill, OPINION Headwinds condemned Clarkston bond to failure, OPINION: Mental health is a conversation we must have, OPINION: The NRA is not backing away from guns, or Trump. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Was that from LE, Newspaper or gossip? I know that the POI is the best dead end they have at this point and I know it all looks suspicious, but is there another angle or direction that would help? To my understanding the Christin David case has a lot of resemblance to a case in Bend Oregon near that time. He was on his motorcycle with Sheriffs car behind him. Among the many northern Idaho unsolved murders that are documented on several law enforcement websites are the following: the 1999 murder of Wil Hendrick, the 1945 murder of Harold (Neil) Bonner, the 1951 murder of Lonnie Jones, and the 1994 double murder of Bruce and Lynn Peeples, among some others. It has since been destroyed.]. On that day, the Belmont Police Department responded to a waste transfer station, and found the deceased body of Jessica Lurvey (age 28). KLEW TV revealed the Lewiston Civic Theatre has since been condemned and at risk of falling apart. I went home that night and, you dont sleep good.. Sign up today to have headlines, breaking news or our weekly sports newsletter, the Rundown, delivered straight to your inbox. Email me at Justice Seeker,I would appreciate any specific information you can obtain. If there was a company delivery van it needs to be found and checked. Detective Nichols has been investigating the disappearance of 12-year-old Christina White the first of the five in the area to go missing since she became a detective in 2007 with the Asotin County Sheriffs Department in Washington. If Steven Pearsall would surface, hed become a suspect pretty rapidly.. Get the best of Fox News' entertainment coverage, right in your inbox. If it was from LE there should be record is it public? Legal Statement. The Lewiston police did a background investigation over ten years ago. I am checking facts for that reason. With all due respect, everyone is entitled to anonymity. The other disappearances remained unsolved. I am doing a exhibit/paper type of project for school and I chose The Snake River Killer and I would like to interview someone who knows more about this. I see a lot of dis similarities in all these cases with one common denominator that is circumstantial, too circumstantial for most but still circumstantial. This case has haunted the area for a long time and these victims families have a right to justice. Rod Frederiksen said Thursday he took telephone calls from four women who indicated they had been contacted by the suspect in the June dismemberment killing of University of Idaho student Kristin David. The suspect had readily admitted to being the last person to see two of the five canonical victims alive and police were fairly certain that two others had vanished from a location the suspect admitted to being in at the time of their disappearance. Nichols found the file, dusted it off, studied it and began piecing together the evidence. I wish I had a simple yes or no for that one. On March 19, 1984, the skeletonized remains of Nelson and Miller were found in a remote area near Kendrick, Idaho. She instructed Christina to put a wet towel around her neck and wait for her at the bottom of the hill. That is what I would do, then to live the rest of my life thinking someone thought I had did these bad things. Having suffered from heat exhaustion in the past, her mother knew she was prone to heatstroke but did not have immediate access to a car to pick her up in. Yes I have heard of someone killing three people at same time. I think the person of interest he committed the crime in the valley 79-82, she explained. What you think and what you can prove are two different things, he said. The art display was in the basement, but back then they changed them every production and it was not uncommon to not know who the artist was. I could not agree with you more. Voss was arrested and charged with burglary and later reportedly plead guilty to a lesser offense (trespassing). There was an arsonist burning down houses on Normal Hill at that time. Law enforcement officials who investigated Davids death say it still haunts them. Thats why I decided I wanted to partake and be a representative of our family.. Police say the cause and manner of her death are pending autopsy results. Here are the responses that Curious provided (misspellings corrected to make reading easier). Then on June 26, 1981, University of Idaho student Kristin David was ready to embark on a lengthy bike ride from her school in Moscow, Idaho to the Lewis Clark Valley. East Idaho Cold Cases and the Idaho Department of Correction have created playing cards that feature 52 cold cases in the Gem State highlighting unsolved murders, missing people and abducted children. The couple was married in September 2009, but just three months later, Rachael filed for divorce. It has not and never will be put on a bike. Its easy to assume we know who it is, but we cant be positive without absolute proof. Was there any domestic violence? Unfortunately, this was more than a year after the girls had disappeared and even more disappointing, the heavy presence of lead paint throughout the theater produced a natural reaction with the luminol rendering the tests inconclusive. Yes my heart goes out to all the other families too. It contained Davids dismembered body. Below is a series of posts that appeared on Topix in mid-2009. The simple question is why was he supposed to be afraid? If you have any information on this case and have not spoken to detectives, please contact (208)746-0171 and ask to speak to Detective Brian Erickson or Sergeant Jason Leavitt. Please let me know. I dont know which or how many bodies they checked but they satisfactorily cleared him as a suspect (with DNA anyway). But if we could establish a true provable connection he could be confronted with why he acted like he didnt. Someone in the cast of Pirates of Penzance told me about a conversation between the director and the technical director that occurred in the secretarys office. The bodies of two of the missing persons, 18-year-old Jacqueline Miller and her 21-year-old stepsister, Kristina Nelson, were discovered two years later near Kendrick. Police reportedly pointed out that Vosss job at the time (as a delivery man), required regular deliveries between Moscow and the known location where Kristen was last seen. He saw the connections, lived in the same house and felt safe. I think if he was found alive the 2 murders of the girls would be instantly solved. If so why were they there and were any names taken? Pearsalls girlfriend told police she had dropped him off at the theater, where he worked as a janitor and set builder, so he could do his laundry in the theaters washer/dryer while practicing his clarinet. He unwrapped the first package and found human body parts. New Bigfoot video leads experts to concede the mythical creature may indeed be real. Lewiston, Idahos KLEW TV reported Nelson and her 18-year-old stepsister, Jacqueline Brandy Miller, decided to walk to the grocery store on September 12, 1982, only to never be seen alive again. Patricia and Ralphs marriage was difficult and she had left on her own before. The thing I remember is how frightening it was, said Michael Goetz, who at the time had just started his second term as sheriff of Latah County and had two small daughters. Its only associated with evil because of how you see it. In an upcoming A&E documentary, The BTK Killer, Dennis Rader, reveals he had a list of an additional 45 potential victims he had chosen to meet the hands of death. First responders found Michael Devins remains inside a burning 2007 GMC pickup truck at approximately 3:20 a.m. Oct. 1 on Nez Perce Drive east of Juniper Drive in Lewiston. If this is going to happen it will only happen by examining the facts non objectively. The stepdad and him and a couple of preachers kids played Dungeons and Dragons together, and he enjoyed being in Civic Theater productions with him. This was confirmed by a police patrol officer who recalled seeing him enter the building through a side door late that night. He would never ask to borrow anyones van because he was particular about his own cars(and too selfish) and would not lend them out. Ralph didnt report her missing; her sister did, on October 8, more than a month after she was last seen. They were reasonably satisfied with the answer that the POI gave them, but if facts are proven contrary to his response I may be able to turn up the heat again. In 2017, The Spokesman-Review reported a cold case unit of investigators, prosecutors and staff were formed to review the case and evidence that was collected. Especially given the small size of the motel. Several days later, on Saturday July 4, 1981, two fisherman near the Red Wolf Crossing Bridge in Lewiston were moving down the river in their boat when they noticed a black, plastic garbage bag bobbing in the water near the north shore. It has a snake with ribs. The body of the third person, Steven Pearsall, 35, has never been found and police say he is likely dead. If the stepson had the truth needed to solve these cases he would have told it long ago. If there was and they were caught did they explain why? He still thinks them finding the truth will be worth any pain it has caused him when its all said and done. Evidence was sent to the state crime lab who returned the results of their analysis of the body (and other accompanying articles) in short order. (His father came and retrieved another daughter from his second marriage in 1983 when her mother left him to go to Hawaii and meet Tom Selleck. In fact, family members say it was Voss who gave Christina the washcloth to cool her head with.