Danny replied to a user who asked: Would you rather go back and visit Graceland or keep it in your memories? In response, Danny said, Ill just speak for the family because weve talked about it many, many times.. Elvis' version of Jennifer Holliday's And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going becomes an adult-contemporary chart-topper. Billy Smith was Elvis first cousin, the son of Gladys Presleys oldest brother. People said that he uses cosmetic surgery to improve his appearance and look his best. His cousin, Billy Smith, has revealed the truth behind those ongoing rumors. Billy: I was travelling with Elvis for almost every one of the movies. Is it true that your Aunt Gladys had the same temper? "Elvis is alive theories are as varied as they are plentiful, and theyve been circulating since just after his death. Also in attendance was Memphis Mafia member Jerry Schilling, who appears at lots of Elvis events with Priscilla. Can you confirm the story? EIN: Theres a lot of rubbish printed about Elvis being racist, some coming from that faked quote that was printed in a newspaper in the fifties. Presleys cousin Gene Smith thought the body looked a little strange. Billy: Yes, my older brother Bobby died in 1968. Believers of this bizarre theory contend that a 55-year-old Presley turned up in the background of the scene where Catherine OHaras character is stuck at the Scranton airport while trying to get home to her son. When he lived at Graceland from 1957 until his death, Presley had an open-door policy with his Memphis Mafia. She said that before Elvis's death, she had a strong feeling a tragedy was looming. "My trainer told me about them it's like getting high from working out.". Junior was at my house in my bed when he died. (1969) and cocks his head in a manner that conspiracy theorists swear is identical to Presleys onstage mannerisms. Aug. 16, 2012: Elvis dies in his sleep at Graceland on the 25th anniversary of the first Harmonic Convergence and 35 years to the day after his near-death in Memphis. 285285 52 shares Share I remember him as a fun-loving guy and he hung around a lot with Elvis until Elvis went into the army. However, the staff revives him, and when he regains consciousness, he tells his buddies: "I had the strangest dream .". The Colonel, inspired, announces plans for a nationwide chain of Elvis Workout Centers. EIN: In the mid-sixties Elvis seemed to need a new avenue of exploration or interest. Afterwards we both cried like crazy and I'll remember it as long as I live. All the guys in our group were extremely close. To date, numerous reports say fans believe that Elvis Presley did not die in 1977, but was placed in witness protection. In 1988, a woman named Louise Welling from nearby Vicksburg claimed she had seen Presley standing in line at the local Felpauschsupermarket. Billy Smith and cousin Elvis Presley. Currently, Smith runs the Memphis Mafia Kid YouTube channel. Theres a bearded guy behind her who looks a little like Elvis in Charro! However, some close friends and family of The Kings were nowhere to be seen. EIN: After Elvis got back from the army and you married your wife Jo, how did you balance your months in Hollywood with your relationship back home? Dark skin, dark eyes, and high cheeks. Smith, eight years younger than Elvis, grew up alongside the star in Graceland. . Elvis made Graceland a home. So when he fell and got concussion, I stayed with him day and night. As a result, he is one of the only people left alive who knew the true . Nor I him. The man would now be in his 80s, and the oldest person on record only lived to 122. And I can truthfully say, hes gone. Billy: Elvis was southern, and so he joked sometimes. We could talk about anything, and we did! At least, he always told me did. Over the years, there have been many rumors that have circulated about Presley, one in particular that he also had webbed toes. Elvis, and Billy were close Cousin's even in eight years apart in age. The wives also continued to go back and forth after Priscilla was gone. However, many of the people who were close to him are still here. He didnt just go up in his room and not do anything His room up there with his office and all that was big, so. It was 1958 and Elvis was on leave from the US Army. During the racquetball game, he accidentally smacks himself on the shin with his racquet. So many of the things she did and said as well as the places he went have become iconic. 'I could hardly understand him because he was crying,' she said. He raises his hands, and the rain stops on cue. Here, in Part One, Billy talks about his family, the Memphis Mafia, the Movie Years, meeting The Beatles and much much more. I never meant for this story to mislead anybody or hurt anybody in any kind of way.. Bobby and l were always within a mile or two of Elvis. EIN: Perhaps Elvis' most famous abode before becoming famous was the Lauderdale Courts apartment. The plot of the series will feature the animated likeness of Elvis, who goes undercover as a government spy. But toxicologists found more than 10 drugs in Presleys system, fueling speculation that polypharmacy played a role in his death. They were true family and were in Elvis company to the very final day. The Beatles came to Elvis' house at 525 Perugia Way in Bel Air, and we all sat around and talked, and they were extremely nice. October 2007: The Songbook series having run its course, Davis taps another of his favorite gimmicks: the duets album. And you who don't can never tell. That broke the ice, and after that, they talked for hours. While visiting Graceland with his family, a man named Mike Joseph took some random pictures of Presleys pool house. In the . Without Elvis, its not home. What do you remember of that time and how different was it from life in Tupelo? Billy Smith Interview at MarlowesCheck out the full playlist please LIKE "THUMBS UP" and COMMENT on this video.Check us out on facebook at https://www.facebo. ", "If you're an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary; If you're not an Elvis fan, no explanation is possible. "Elvis Presley is the greatest cultural force in the 20th century. He was talking about how scattered the family was. EIN: Do you remember when Elvis started complaining about the quality of his movies going downhill? He always seemed to want me around him and was very protective of me. Billy: I don't know about Joe being paid by Colonel. After all, there are several books and documentaries out there that detail large portions of his life and exploits. (EIN Note The full story about Elvis testing everyones honesty is in the M.M. Additionally, some of Elvis' family and friends would live on the property, including his cousin Billy Smith and his family. They have a little trouble finding material at first, since Elvis has already sung most of the great American songbook, but they widen the scope to include more recent standards. Billy and Elvis' other associates are alarmed and decide, despite Elvis' protests, that with a tour days away, a trip to the hospital would be prudent. The cousin of Elvis Presley, Billy Smith, reveals the truth behind Elvis's facelifts, dyed hair, webbed toes, and more through the years. But Ill always love him. Billy: I don't remember anything about him practicing with Johnny Burnett or his brother. Aunt Lavelle and Uncle Tracy looked like their Daddy . He was showing me a picture of himself and he said, Does this look like me?, And I said, Yeah, and he said, Well its not. It was either the death of Elvis Presley at the age of 42, as more than 80 percent of Americans believe, or the start of the most spectacular disappearing act in the history of mankind. As for Presleys autopsy report: Its a private family document unlikely to ever see the light of day. Elvis Presley gave a lot of thought and time into obtaining what he considered his perfect look throughout his short-lived life. When Billy was old enough he started working with the Memphis Mafia team. Photo right - Actor Jack Elam, a regular bad guy actor in westerns of the 1950s and 1960s including Gunfight at the O.K. A group of ostriches are caught in the act as they dance around in circles, competing amongst themselves. Elvis was on military maneuvers when she came to the hotel where his father and grandfather were staying, but Vernon and Dee hit it off 'from day one,' she said. In recent years, Billy Smiths son, Danny, created his own YouTube channel. Elvis and Gene were close to the same age and were close, especially in the early years. On a final note, Jo added that the family will always cherish their memories with the beloved singer. When he lived at Graceland from 1957 until his death, Presley had an open-door policy with his Memphis Mafia. I will never forget that night and I know Elvis really liked them. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express. Elvis fans come from worldwide, they come here, and they have to, if I was a fan, I would, Smith said in reference to touring his cousins home. She also mentioned names of others who weren't in attendance like major girlfriends of Elvis' after he divorced Priscilla Presley. The Beatles were excited about meeting him, but when they first got there they were a little quiet and were just kind of feeling him out. I missed a few due to sickness in my family. The Memphis Mafia member then revealed how a joke story he made up about Elvis swapping places was eventually taken seriously in the UK press. It hurts. How this got started was we actually talked one night of Elvis changing places. And he loved big orchestras. May 1 (UPI) -- A German man was awarded an unusual world record when he assembled a Mr. July 1985: The Colonel had been persuaded, reluctantly, to see the benefits of Elvis' singing on We Are the World, but when Bob Geldof approaches him about Elvis performing at Live Aid, the enigmatic manager tells him, "Sure thing. I know that Elvis loved Colonel, but he also had resentment toward him for holding him back on certain things that he really wanted to do. Billy Smith, Elvis' first cousin is recovering from a heart attack. What did you see of his personal quest at the time and his visits to the Self Realization Park? March 1988: Concert attendance slips as audiences tire of Elvis' lengthy monologues about the benefits of healthy eating, mysticism and frequent gym workouts. Its like a light switch turned off. The couple emphasised that all this was just their opinion and they didnt want to dissuade fans who like the Elvis movie from seeing it again and again. And, the singer bought 'truckloads' of toys for her sons. May 1 (UPI) -- A school principal in West Virginia received a scare Monday morning when he unlocked a dumpster outside of the building and came face to face with a bear. The King had packed on a few pounds in his later years, but theres no way he was pushing a half-ton. I spoke to him about how sorry I was and he invited me to coffee.'. That explanation was good enough for Joseph, but not everyone is satisfied. We took our kids with us so it made it a lot better. It is Elvis' last live performance. He was my hero.. Was he really as lazy as often portrayed - and can you comment on your quote (in the book Elvis & the Memphis Mafia) that "Vernon always wanted more of everything, except responsibility"! l, like most the guys, was in many of his movies as an extra. As a result, he is one of the only people left alive who knew the true man the star was. ", "History has him as this good old country boy, Elvis is about as country as Bono! . Elvis swore that he would never touch another one after that, and I don't guess he ever did. In an interview accompanying The Beatles Anthology DVD, George Harrison likens a brief 1972 encounter with Elvis at Madison Square Garden to meeting Vishnu or Krishna or something. His hair was black, his skin was tan, and his aura left the Beatle feeling like a snooty little nobody. Harrison may have been hinting at something Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper said rather deftly with their 1987 single Elvis Is Everywhere. Alive or dead, Presley is one pop culture deity well never stop worshipping. Billy Smith, is the son of Travis Smith who was the brother of Elvis' Mother, Gladys. "Elvis always . She was in Germany where Elvis was stationed in the Army. The Memphis Mafia member and his wife Jo joined Elvis and his girlfriend Ginger Alden for racquetball around 3:30 a.m. the night before Elvis died. Recently, Smith appeared on his son Danny Smiths YouTube channel known as the Memphis Mafia Kid. In the clip, a gray-haired dude in a baseball cap and Elvis Week T-shirt fusses with some wire and holds up two fingersapparently some type of numerological clueas he walks past the camera. Express. I just think its unacceptable for his fans or any of his family or friends to have to pay to go and pay their respects at his graveside, Jo said. Greeks.. . Moreover, the quartet stated that there are two main reasons why they may never return to their home. It won't be the last. He had the intelligence of a twelve year old but he was a kind man. She was generous like Elvis, but she also had a quick temper. June 1988: NBC and Elvis Enterprises announce a TV special for late November, 20 years after Elvis' '68 Comeback Special. May 1 (UPI) -- Crews at a Pennsylvania wastewater plant received a surprise when they discovered a small alligator at the facility. And while critics are divided as to the merits of his duet with Astley on Steamroller Blues and Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up the global ratings are astronomical. Ill remember him and cherish him and love him and all the memories and things of his we have, but I will never ever pay. So down to earth. Billy admitted: And [for] many years Id always heard these fans saying, Is Elvis still alive?, So many sightings and all this. I could SWAP places with a doppelgnger The King's cousin speaksG, Elvis ALIVE? It still hurts that hes gone. On the story, he said: It was supposed to be that Elvis swapped places with this guy who had cancer and was dying and Elvis hid him out in the attic until it was time for him to die. See today's front and back pages, download the newspaper, order back issues and use the historic Daily Express newspaper archive. Fans continue to praise her dignity and discretion, while Elvis' cousin Billy Smith has paid tribute to their devoted relationship and how Linda "kept Elvis alive." So her latest post is. It was like my song it was telling me, 'Your time hasn't come yet, baby.'" Billy: Yes, Elvis was a handsome man. He made it a good time. Please share his story with us. We also share some information about the way you use our site with our partners who deal with web analytics, advertising and social media content: our partners may combine it with other information that you have provided them or that they have collected from the use of their services. By accepting "all cookies", including profiling cookies, in addition to supporting our free offer, you will receive advertisements in line with your interests. Now it was a known fact among the guys that Elvis couldn't keep a secret, but if it was really important, he did. A lot of Elvis family was not invited to the premiere and I dont knowwho did the invitations Ive got a pretty good idea but I just thought that was really tacky. During the video, Elviss cousin also claimed he would sense the presence of Elvis spirit. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Two weeks before his death, a sobbing Elvis Presley told his stepmother, 'I'm in terrible pain' -- a cry for help Dee Presley says will haunt her until she dies. I don't agree with some of the tales he tells, but Larry was there for a while. January 1986: Elvis is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's initial class with nine other seminal artists. I realized I had done the impossible -- called up Elvis. Aug. 16, 2012: Elvis dies in his sleep at Graceland on the 25th anniversary of the first Harmonic Convergence and 35 years to the day after his near-death in Memphis. In fact, there are many new Elvis Presley projects in the works in 2020. We have decided that I want to go back through Graceland one more time with Teresa. That was a lot different and I remember that it took a while for everyone to get jobs, and one of my daddy's cousins stole all the money we had, and my daddy's new socks. He said it would teach him a lesson. He left behind an undying legacy. I mean you were portrayed in the movie, but that parts not what aggravated. . Elvis' grandfather got my father out of jail and left Vernon there when it first happened. Today the stars close relative has a YouTube channel with his wife Jo and the couple answers fans questions about their private times with him. He lived with us in that house behind Graceland. Two respected Elvis aides, Marty Lacker and Elvis's cousin Billy Smith, say that although the body found slumped in the bathroom of Elvis's Graceland mansion on August 16, 1977 was certified dead, the real Elvis was hundreds of miles away. He tells variations of this story, often using a line like "the ego flies on Tuesday, baby," in most of his subsequent live appearances. With that, what critics like to call the "Fit Elvis era" is over. He trusted us. These include Linda Thompson and Ginger Alden the latter found his body who have shared their annoyance on social media at being erased from the biopic. So did Junior! The inscription reads Elvis Aaron Presley, even though hed been given the middle name Aron, possibly in memory of his stillborn twin brother, Jesse Garon. Potato Head blindfolded. Elvis' cover of Paul Revere & the Raiders' 1966 hit Kicks ("You don't need kicks/To help you face the world each day") becomes his first top-five hit since 1972's Burning Love. To find out in detail which cookies we use on the site, read our. May 29, 2020 A relative of Elvis Presley claims to have had an eerie experience that he suspects may have been a visit from the ghost of the legendary musician. 'It was love at first sight,' she said in an interview. But he knew it from memory, and we went over it several times so I could memorize it. One thing was to tour Europe. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Two weeks before his death, a sobbing Elvis Presley told his stepmother, 'I'm in terrible pain' -- a cry for help Dee Presley says will haunt her until she dies. We will keep you updated with the news you shouldnt miss. Joe Esposito on Geraldo; GIFTS FROM JESSE TO ME AND MY HUSBAND. Three generations of The Kings family were present, from his ex-wife Priscilla and his only child Lisa Marie to the granddaughters he never met in Riley, Harper and Finley. "It's just a simple word, you see, Billy and his wife Jo are still alive and have a YouTube channel called "Elvis Fans Matter" where they talk about Elvis and give some pretty interesting insight into the life of The King. And, whenever we were able, we always went to see him, especially local. Elvis Presley's cousin Billy Smith reveals singer's most intimate secrets on his cosmetic surgeries, Elvis Presley's cousin reveals singer's most intimate secrets on the singer's surgeries, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck enjoy during family dinner in Malibu, 'Shameless' season 11 spoilers: countdown to saying goodbye to the Gallaghers has begun, Elvis Presley affection once turned down by Mary Tyler Moore, Its not true: from UN call to decriminalize pedophilia to BlackRock behind Tucker Carlson's firing, SYFY ends 'The Magicians' with current season 5, Emperor Palpatine is a clone according to upcoming 'Rise of Skywalker' novelization. March 1978: Elvis sets out on his longest tour ever, dazzling critics and fans with his newly toned physique and renewed energy. However, he was just a boy at the time. EIN: Billy, you had a particularly special relationship with Elvis and were closer to him than any of the other members of the Memphis Mafia. EIN: Cousin Billy Mann. What Elvis serious about changing things? In two separate interviews, Billy Smith and Marty Lacker each spoke of the faking of Elvis' death.once regarding Elvis' plan to do so and once recounting that it was actually done. They grew up together in Tupelo, Mississippi, and the Smith family joined the Presley's on the move to Memphis in 1948. Elvis and Aunt Gladys had a very quick temper, and I have seen the bad side of both when they were mad or upset. As far as I know, that didn't happen. So, he watched from a distance. [WILL]. Im sure theres some way they could sort that out.. He felt comfortable with me and trusted me. November 1977: In an exclusive interview with People, Elvis confesses that he became a little too dependent on "the pills" but says he's now drug-free and feeling better than ever. His former wife weeps when she talks about the deaths of her stepson and his father. Plans for Elvis to appear solo are scuttled when RCA threatens to withdraw support unlesss its new star, Rick Astley, is included. These same fans also believe that Presley is also still alive in 2020 and will one day return to the public eye announcing that he had faked his death, revealing himself to his fans once again. A lot of times Billy was with him, just Billy and Elvis. But Elvis loved movieshe starred in 31and Christmas, so it almost makes sense that he would risk blowing his cover by appearing in the 1990 holiday comedy Home Alone. When news of his hospitalization broke, those close to The King rushed to his bedside, one of these being Presleys cousin, Billy Smith. Billy Smith is not only Elvis first cousin but a former member of the singers inner Mafia circle. Billy, had a heart attack on January 27th and he had 4 stints put in. After her last conversation with Elvis, Dee Presely said she had a premonition and she warned Elvis' father that something 'terrible' was going to happen to one of her boys or his son. Click to buy "Elvis and the Memphis Mafia", (the eagerly anticipated re-issue of "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations of the Memphis Mafia", Click to view the "Memphis Mafia" website, Click to read Marty Lacker's interview with EIN, Click to read Lamar Fike's interview with EIN, Click to read EIN's article 'Elvis was Not a Racist', "Elvis Presley is the supreme socio-cultural icon in the history of pop culture", " Elvis is the 'glue' which holds our society together.which subconciously gives our world meaning", "Eventually everybody has to die, except Elvis", "He is the "Big Bang", and the universe he detonated is still expanding, the pieces are still flying", "I think Elvis Presley will never be solved", "He was the most popular man that ever walked on this planet since Christ himself was here", "When I first heard Elvis' voice I just knew I wasn't going to work for anybodyhearing him for the first time was like busting out of jail", "When we were kids growing up in Liverpool, all we ever wanted was to be Elvis Presley", Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead", (EIN Note Billys full story about The Pledge is also featured in the book Elvis & the Memphis Mafia), Subscribe to EIN's FREE weekly newsletter, Selected back issues of EIN's FREE weekly newsletter, DVD: A Tribute To The King (Scotty Moore), Book: Elvis Aaron Presley: A Candle In The Wind, Elvis That's The Way It Is: 1970 vs. 2001, The man who bought Elvis (Robert Sillerman), Elvis on The Creative Edge - Part 2 - The CD, 'Elvis Seriously'- Why is Elvis' voice too often ignored, How & where to sell your Elvis collection, Elvis & other major artists miss out on Grammy Awards, Listen to the Elvis "strung out" in Vegas audio, View video of "All Shook Up" opening night on Broadway, Billy Smith, Marty Lacker & Lamar Fike have all recently been involved in the re-issue of the excellent book Elvis & The Memphis Mafia.