willing to pay more than someone who just wants any old jeep and would Any help? Willys MB'. Cylinder head #639660 would be the head number for a MB engine. . of Late Willys MB Large Frame Data Plate, Photograph Is there any way I can get a history of the build on this jeep. The vehicles Identification Number (VIN) can be found on a plate located on the left front corner of the instrument panel pad, visible from the outside of the vehicle through the windshield. (17) The serial number for 17094 is shown for both years and the production totals for both years include a unit for this serial number. //Specify display mode (0 or 1) I will be happy to help! Hi Thomas, according to the serial number you have a 1967 CJ-5. Bantam goes out Better design continues towards a modern Jeep. Part of the War Dept. Engine Number Location: (L and F-Head Engines) - Front of the block behind water pump. 2 of a kind Willys hand built prototypes. Get the answers to these questions by going to ebay is full I have 1950 CJ-3A and I want to know if the hood is Willis stamped One or the other should be the serial number of the engine. VINs ranging in length from 11 to 17 characters were used prior to 1981, and if your VIN appears to be shorter than this, it could be an older model. Under a rule enacted by the U.S. Department of Transportation in the early 1980s, all road vehicles had to contain a 17-digit VIN. Hi Vinod, THANK yOU. The browser you are using to visit our website is no longer supported. Can you send some photos to amy@kaiserwillys.com? WWII Military: flat spot is about 1/2" x 2" across. jeep is worth. Pre-Production using many WWII MB parts, less than 25 known. 1954: CJ5 civilian jeep production starts. According to your serial numbers it would have been produced between February and March of 1962. Radiator grilles are one of the most important parts of any vehicle. It is actually a pickup. If any one of the data plates on the dash or the firewall or frame the serial number is 57146 92141 More than 132,000 are made slat grill MB's, since Slatgrill MB's didn't have glove boxes) in front the WWII MB jeeps, and Below are a few CJ-5 related links for information. Army Jeep's Hood Registration Numbers? I know the history of the car and it has been in the area since bought. Early plates were Brass, were 3 pc. See more Universal Jeep History on CJ3B.info. The meticulously-restored 1960 Willys Jeep Pickup that you see here is one such platform. It will cost you a ton of money to buy all those The Jeep J-Series pickup trucks were in production until 1988. box door, Photo But when i got it the cam was removed. JEEP Serial Numbers, Production Again, listing the WJ grille for both ZJ and WJ.". Have a great afternoon! In 4001-5000 G, an H = 6001-7000. Would like to know what year model i have serial number is 57548151299. Thanks for any insight you can give us. I have just bought a willys jeep. I am trying to decipher the Serial Number on my Jeep. The spare tire should be mounted on the windshield, if its a single-piece windshield. Military Engine Blocks: The engine serial number was located Motors Inc. This new JK grille continues the modern Jeep look which has been taken from the TJ grille. or GPW), the Serial Number, and the Date of Delivery (Date of Manufacture). The exact location These plates are WWII Army Jeep Hood Registration Numbers? Mighty Mite. Thanks. In addition, it consumes dozens & dozens of military MB/GPW parts 2002+ - with integrated aluminum roll cage, 1-piece carbon fiber body on an aluminum frame; Suspension Front Independent Civilian: flat spot is about 1/2" x 4" across. Hi Daniel, according to the serial number, you have a 1966 CJ-5. Thanks Ill do my best to share my vast knowledge about anything related to Jeep cars & models. They were still made of any combination There are several places to find the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on a 1954 Willys Jeep. Have a great day! See Early Willys Jeeps - CJ-2As: Willys-Overland sold Jeep to Kaiser Corporation just before the VIN system was implemented, just before it was introduced. Perhaps it was in case the engine would be sold to the US, Canadian, https://www.kaiserwillys.com/willys_jeep_serial_numbers#6 The variations in wagon grilles over the years are not included (but it is nice to see the wagons here in comparison with the Universal Jeeps). Checker Cab Co, Built 2-3 Jeeps based on Bantam BRC-40. aka Mark II, Mk II. After a while, Id like to own one and drive it with my family. Mr. Willys did indeed pronounce his name "willis." That said, I saw a film ad from the early 1950's where the narrator pronounced it "Will-eez." I guess you're right either way. The VIN can be found on the drivers side dashboard, on the drivers side door, on the front of the engine block, and on the frame near the front of the vehicle. The power and torque of the L-Head engine is one of the main reasons Vin is 5754819868 If you could let me know how to better find the correct year that would be great! There were no military jeeps produced between the end of 1945-1949. If this is the case, it is highly unlikely. The new Willys allow you to take advantage of the same capabilities while adding a touch of style and class. No vin# on firewall.engine #. Has both headlights still. var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-8741651-1"); The guy I bought it from assured me it would fit. Celebrating the very first Jeep Willys produced for the American military, the brand recently released a tribute concept based on the Wrangler Sport but paying homage to the original Willys MB. Feel free to give Mike M. a call toll free at 1-888-648-4923 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST or email mike@kaiserwillys.com and he will be happy to help with any parts or tech questions that you have! Copyright 2023 Midwest Jeep Willys. The Engine S/N 3110244 I am not sure about engine S/N 3110244 is the original engine or the engine who was installed during mfg. 1958 serial number begins with 12231 indicating 1957 production figure should be 580. set, marked Ordnance Department. Vehicle identification numbers can be located in the following four locations on early CJ5s: To Locate Serial / VIN Numbers on Kaiser & AMC Jeep CJs, Decoding Jeep JL is the next Jeep grilles by year. with rear mounted spare. The new plate I want its soft top, and also wanna know its model number, I mean its cj3, cj5 or other model number. Information contained herein was compiled from the Jeep parts manual, Jeep service manual, and various locations on the web and is NOT GUARANTEED TO BE ACCURATE. If the #'s on the Oil Filter Here's a summary of grille changes on the Willys trucks and wagons: From 1946 until 1949 the grille was flat; in April 1950 it changed to a sharper peak in the center. of metals; Brass, Aluminum, Steel, Pot Metal and marked Ordnance Dept. Can anyone tell me what year this jeep is. 80" Wheelbase. // End -->, var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? No title, no VIN, but the frame is stamped and heres another curious issueits stamped 150895, but the 895 is clearly stamped over the numbers 422. 1976-86 CJ7 - full squared door openings; factory roll bar. Only Number he can find is near the Battery box M28280 on a tag. Also, the #1 out front is lighter, offset, and a slightly different font. I have a willys jeep seria# 57548 151631, it has paint code 332 and trim code 429. The Jeep Drive Train I see a lot of good info on identifying the primary military and civilian models. 1964 M677 Since the launch, Jeep has seen different types of grilles and guess what? "Willys" stamped on left rear body panel, Most, but not all, do not True jeep collectors (both military & civilian) //else if win2 already exists In 1956 the three bars were not evenly spaced, with the middle one closer to the top, but after 1956 the grille returned to the three evenly-spaced bars. military jeep correctly restored. Visit www.willysforsale.com to post a FREE classified ad today, or browse current ads to find the Willys Jeep of your dreams! Where & How do I find stamped both on the boss above the water pump, AND the boss behind the The following is info I have written down form other sources, but WWII military block. Serial number is: 57548119422. Officially Licensed. Please let me know as we are trying to title the vehicle. For the best browsing experience, please visit us using a different browser. Your Willys Jeep is a 1961 or 1962 CJ-5. Where best to get the part? Any and all help is appreciated! try { The "WILLYS" was replaced by "Jeep" later. Hotchkiss French Military M201 Jeep Production Figures 1955 - 1966, How Anything else special? Data Plate Location, Willys Im having trouble identifying my grandfathers jeep. Wrangler - 1996+ - round headlights; coil suspension front & rear; We carry everything you will need from body kits and parts, to axle, suspension and transmission replacement parts. A1: If it is on the passenger side, go to #4 chasis number is BPM16829-76, I have been offered a Jeep that is a one owner used only for hunting in a farm and never registered or locating a real military jeep or parts. The J-Series were a range of pickup trucks that were created when Jeep rebranded the Gladiator (SJ).J-Series trucks were initially offered as J-2000 or J-4000 variants, but they were later renamed the J-10 and J-20 respectively. 1946: Willys Jeep Wagon production starts. The previous owner said it was a 1966, however when I order parts fro a 66, some fit and some dont. GPW's were based on the Willys MB design. Are you a 4 cylinder motor or 6 cylinder motor? Superior construction quality with the highest quality ABS plastic. if (displaymode==0) Can you estimate my WWII Hi there! Was loaded with chrome, but does not seem to be the #s for a Tuxedo? Can someone help me identify the year? The Nomenclature (center) plate has the vehicle identification According to the serial number you have a 1966 CJ-5. This week at Kaiser Willys! Send pictures of it to amy@kaiserwillys.com and we can start a photo album for you on the Kaiser Willys Blog. Browse our online catalog by parts category or Jeep model or request a FREE copy of our current parts catalog. Why waste the time, labor, and spend the $, and then 1. 1947: Willys Jeep Truck Production starts. 80" Wheelbase. Hi John, Its a pleasure to drive the new 2016 Willys Jeep, which is ideal for those looking to improve their vehicle. We do however have a number stamped on the engine block that reads 641087-L-W10-A N1-CA N2. Hi Melanie, according to the serial number you have a 1957 CJ-5. Introduced between 1966 to 1969, the Jeep brand introduced a full-size SUV. Corp. A1: If they are on the top of the head, go to #2 Trying to find out the year of a CJ5 I just purchased. did they offer this color for the Tuxedo Park or was this a special order? Hi Scott, 1953: Willys-Overland bought by Henry J. Kaiser and is renamed Willys Hi. else if (document.all&&displaymode==0) ones. perhaps ending the waiting process actually does a disservice to two hobbies. There is no surefire way to know if you have a CJ2A, but there are a few things that may help you narrow it down. No numbers on passenger side tub plate and theres no gussets for the front bumper. (4) Reflects total with added units from (2) and (3) by CW(5) No body types given in original. American Bantam Jeep, 4 Wheel Steering - 50 built. of the passenger is the plate with the serial number on it. I have a CJ-5 and have been told it is a 55. When it comes to Jeep, a grille is the most highlighted accessory. Another way to tell the year is to look at the registration or title. Military High-hood, flat fenders, based on the CJ-3B, built in quantity hope this helps :D!!!!! The vin# 5754831712. Serial Number Reference - Select a Vehicle Below: Willys Pickup Truck (FC 150, FC 170) Serial Numbers: Thank you for using our serial number guide for Willys and Jeep Vehicles - If you do not see your vehicle or model listed here, check back with us later or Contact us by Email if you have any information you would like to contribute to this section! [] Identify your Willys Jeep | Kaiser Willys Blog []. Some were made in Switzerland and shipped to Europe and the United States. of Willys MB Jeep Engine Serial Number, See similar information to have a low silhouette to avoid detection by the enemy. var displaymode=0 large rear window that lifts, sliding glass in doors. I have a cj3a 1950, the block was cracked and i found another in a salvage yard,. All Rights Reserved, Coming to the grille, it came fitted with chrome finished rectangular grille with inbuilt square headlamps and parking lamps. fenders; curved door opening. 5"x5.5" rim bolt pattern. WWII Jeep Hood Number Estimator / Generator for estimating and If you have any other questions just let us know! Back Also, 475 2WD Maverick 58147 shows only 202 units on original . I have a Jeep Cj-5 but the year is uncertain. In 1950, used by Willys Overland in the post World War Two jeeps: CJ-2A, Willys A2: If you have a split windshield, got to #6. grille has 9 slots. 807895 In the blog post, Ive listed several Jeep grills by year with their identification, year of manufacturing and pics. retiring the Willys name with the line. - 1961 Jeep Identification Willys MB & Ford GPW 1941-1945 - Windshield height 23", flat fenders, split windshield, no tailgate, recessed headlights top mounted windshield wipers, rear mounted spare tire, hood height 6". To this day some people take civilian jeeps and drill When it comes to Jeep, a grille is the most highlighted accessory. I have an old Willys split window jeep that has T-28 6386 2 W5 A NI-OR on the side of the engine block. Being new to the game, I bought it, It does not fit. To Determine your WWII Jeeps Day of Date of Delivery - calculator. 1945: Willys-Overland begins producing the Civilian Jeep (CJ) line, when it introduces the CJ2A model, and ceases MB military jeep production. other engines. Early Willys MB Slat Grille Willys MB/ Ford GPW Jeep Grille CJ-2A Willys Jeep Grille CJ-3A Willys Jeep Grille on serial number MC52771 . The new components and style will allow you to explore the trails and feel at ease in a vehicle that has never been seen before. jeep parts. Production Figures 1945-1961, How To Find M38A1 Fender I have a 1950 cj-3a I have the title and all the original badges and tags. Long wheelbase Military Ambulance (similar to CJ-6). The engine appears to be a V6 of later manufacture, so thats not helping me, let me know if you can figure something out here, thanks, Mike. What specifically do we need to hook it up to wall power? 1944: Willys-Overland experiments with its 1st Civilian Jeep by modifying My vin tag is 57548-141926. what year is my willys? Have a great day! vin # 5416848266..what is the Year of Willys ? Owning a willy of this particular group of people made me realize two things. My dad left me a Willys CJ5 Jeep and Im trying to find out the exact year of the Jeep. Side boss start with "MB" or "GPW", then that is the serial # and the other The Jeep grille allows extra air gives a natural atmosphere to the engine by allowing airflow to the engine and protecting it from overheating. WILLYS Serial # 57548 152288. If you have any further questions or would like to send in photos of your CJ-3A send an email to amy@kaiserwillys.com and we will be happy to help you! There are 2 Vehicle Identification plates; do I find my WW2 Jeeps Serial Numbers? 6. the extra time, materials, and machining), while post war engines had nicely # mpn1227993. What is this WWII body tub and civilian 2a? Hood Registration Numbers on WW2 Jeeps? The quickest way to tell the difference between a civilian engine block //0 causes document to be displayed in an inline frame, while 1 in a new browser window According to your questions I have a 41-45 MB or GPW. Than you, Hi my my vin number is 8405 27714 AA.Kaiser Jeep corporation Toledo OHIO. -- Derek Redmond. 1950: Willys M-38 military jeep production starts. Hola Rafaej, no conozco esos nmeros. Modern engines with modern features, Jeep KJ was all about rivals in the market. 1945 pump? I have a Ford GPW in my shop that I am restoring for a customer. MyJeepCar.com was created to provide Jeep enthusiasts with a one-stop resource for information about different Jeep models. JEEP Serial Numbers, Production Figures, & Models. This (Many times it has a single letter stamped on it). 1971: Jeep Corp.'s General Products Division spins off to become AM Is there an element of risk in this? (6) No model numbers given in original. w/stars and then try to pass it off as a military jeep. it either because it is now a Swiss cheese jeep body tub with all the holes Hi Pablo, Also, 475 2WD Maverick 58147 shows only 202 units on original, understated by 1000. have "QMC" stamped on the pad immediately after 'Make and Model: Willys AXLES, And All sorts of extra parts need to have all 4 wheels steer. Number statistics, How To Find WWII Jeep Serial Numbers transfer case, Dana 25 front axle, and Dana 23-2 rear axle turning 6:00 1960: M-151 military jeep production starts. I would like to restore it, but I cant find a website to buy replacement parts. I have what I believe to be a modified M38A1. A2: If it is on the back tailgate panel, go to #5. Have a great week! //if displaymode=0, configure inline frame attributes (ie: dimensions, intial document shown https://www.kaiserwillys.com/tech-guide/55-75-cj-5 He has catalogued them all with photos and descriptions in an album on Facebook. Since the launch, Jeep has seen different types of grilles and guess what? Well, later on, the CJ grille got pretty famous and started printing in a range of toys or even clothes. buying the parts, and paying to have the parts shipped to you, and when Features: one piece screen. for US Armed Forces and Export from 1965 thru 1972. Hope to see more. are WWII Army Jeep Hood Registration Numbers? Hood Registration Numbers? Engines with Numbers Stamped in BOTH Places. Re: 4WS = Four Wheel Steering Stay Inspired. This number is also visible in the right front seat body, in front of the right front seat. CJ-V35/U. Where & How do I find win2=window.open(inputurl) can you give us information about this jeep? Hi Lonnie, according to the serial number you have a 1953 Willys M38A1. motor number is 4j-400523 Mark. I have not found any other numbers anywhere else. FREE SHIPPING on online orders over $98.00. This is the serial #. I found the serial number stamped on a tin plate inside the engine bay on the dash, on the drivers side: 8305015-280160. The serial number ranges have been changed to align with the units produced. they are very similar Fuel Filters went on MB/GPW jeeps in WW2. Yes, the CJ-3A hoods were stamped with Willys. } Hood Registration Numbers? Visit www.willysforsale.com to post a FREE classified ad today, or browse current ads to find the Willys Jeep of your dreams! Every car manufacturer is obliged to mark all its vehicles in this special format. Willys labels them as CJ-2 (These are not CJ-2A's). a few military MB jeeps. You can also look for the CJ2A logo on the body of the jeep its a circular emblem with a red, white, and blue background and a eagle in the center. Here is a link to our serial number page. How would you do if you had to identify a Jeep by its front clip alone? Lets get started! Ask From 1948 to 1950 only 19,000 vehicles are manufactured. Excludes body tubs and tub kits.