Then he gazed into her eyes and said: "Hah! To get to the shell station. Why didnt the ghost cross the road? A: A peeping tom. Why did the chicken cross the road? 43. "Why did the chicken cross the road?" is a common riddle joke with the answer being, "To get to the other side." It is commonly seen as an example of anti-humor, in that the curious setup of the joke leads the listener to expect a traditional punchline, but they are instead given a simple statement of fact. Q: Did you hear about the cat that thought she was a dog? Cows are pretty legen-dairy so of course, theres an abundance of clever jokes that will make your child giggle about how funny these farm animals really are. 40. To get to the other tide. To show the armadillo it was possible. We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices. A: Baked beings! r/Jokes Why did the chicken cross the road? Front Seat Submit your best joke here and get $25 if Readers Digest runs it. A: She was a sher-paw. "Wait!" Poof! Q: What time is it when ten cats chase a mouse? Enjoy! Because the referee called for a fowl. Q: What do you get if you cross a chick with an alley cat? 8.) Why did the chicken cross the road? Because he was tired of getting picked on. A: Boo-hoo, I'm paw. But the road will have its vengeance! So the man left the room and come back with a labrodore retriever. To get to her hare dresser. Why did the teddy bear say no to pudding? Required fields are marked *, You need to agree with the terms to proceed. In the 1847 edition of the New York-based magazine, the Knickerbocker, the legendary joke, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" "To get to the other side . Q: What do you call a cat with eight legs that likes to swim? Why did the momma chicken cross the road? 27 Funny Memes for Kids of All Ages That Are Family Friendly. Cows are pretty funny and it would be a total shame if we didnt milk them for all theyre worth. ! We're all different and excellent. 24.) 19. 74. 35. They're especially fun for kids! 7.) It was a fowl. Privacy Policy. Please wait. ['] Are you 'out of town?' When you take them for a ride, dogs will sit on the seat next to Q: Why did the black cat cross the road A: To get the chicken. Sorry, not chicken, "Why did the chicken cross the road? Q: What do you get if you cross a tiger with a sheep? Q: Why are cats so good at video games? Well, then: 'Because it wants to get on the other side! Mice Krispies. Cats A: an Assembly kit. Q. 56. Hence how I found this sub. 40+ Funniest "Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road" Jokes. your Because it was stuck to chickens bum. 2.) Today I scored 9 out of 10 on my driving assessment. 16.) And then I told my therapist that I feel seen, but not herd, RELATED:Horse puns that will make you whinny. Because the sign said "WALK". Because it was free range. Q: What looks like half a cat? Why did the dog cross the road? - Why did the dog cross the road? 68. A: The "whisker". A: Death Cab for Kitty. Why did the chicken cross the football field? 9. Why did the chicken cross the road? Why did the germ cross the microscope? A: An aunt-eater! Because he curls up into a ball, with his tail on one side and his head on the other What cat drinks vinegar instead of water? A: Because they have nine lives! 2.) Why did the chicken cross the road? Because his teacher said it was a piece of cake! A: None, because they were copycats! Because he was tired of getting picked on. After waiting patiently on the kerb for both lanes of traffic to come to a halt, the cat trotted across, eliciting laughter and applause from 44-year-old Scrutton. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChickenJoke. My kitten was having trouble watching her Blu-Ray. Why didnt the skeleton cross the road? 20.) 68 Hilarious Santa Jokes for the Holidays (Ho, Ho, Ho! Why didnt the bicycle cross the road? Q: Why shouldn't you kidnap the kitten, Keanu? To get to the other side. Since its simple beginnings, the joke has evolved into many hundreds (if not thousands) of funny variations on the same theme. To say hello from the other side! It's because my "little bird" is in the belly of your "big cat" Why did Chicken Little cross the road? The boy does as he said but then calls him: "It didn't work, the cats have returned home as if they had GPS!" Q: Did you hear about the cat who swallowed a ball of yarn? Why Did the Object/Person Cross the Road? Why did the toddler cross the road? ListCaboodle - Fun, Informative, And Cool Stories In List Format. Most often, this leads to the classic punchline: "To get to the other side", though the punchline may vary sometimes. Cats Because he was following the chicken. 29. Because there was a KFC on the other side. To get to the udder side. Who doesnt love a good farm animal joke? Why did the clown cross the road? Because it thought it was a chicken. What do you call a cow jumping on a trampoline? Because it was free range. What do tigers wear in bed? What happened when the elephant crossed the road?It stepped on the chicken. Why did the traffic light say to the car? We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer), This $12 Root Spray Conceals Gray Strands Until Your Next Wash Day, 38 Math Jokes to Get Every Nerd Through Pi Day, 50 Pickle Puns and Jokes That Will Pickle Your Funny Bone, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Close. Why did the cow cross the road? Q: What did the black cat say when he lost all his Halloween money? 2. Your email address will not be published. These funny cross the road jokes for kids are good for a giggle, a laugh, and maybe some groans from children of all ages. Why did the chicken cross the road? The doctor left the room again and come back with a cat. 5,) Why did the chicken cross the road? Why did the can crusher leave his job? The chicken had his eggs. Why did the chicken cross the Mbius strip? 25.) 60. Why did the cow cross the road? Why did the toddler toddle across the road? Q: What do you call a cat that does tricks? A: An octopuss! Then the friend replies: "You can leave them in front of some bar or restaurant, there they can find food!". Why did the chicken cross the road?To knock, knock on the door, walk into the bar, and change the lightbulb. Why don't cats like online shopping? - To get to the other slide. Why couldnt the toilet paper cross the road?It got stuck in a crack. There are quipsandquillets whichseem actual conundrums, but yet are none, the entry wrote. A: Purr-cussion. Cats will quietly A: He felt funny! Why did the sheep cross the road? 18.) 42. He was tired of everyone making so many jokes! '", "Why should not a chicken cross the road? Cats will look like And they'll be happy. "What are you doing at the movies?" Why did the skeleton go to the restaurant? Why did the strawberry cross the road?There was a traffic jam. 5. What happened when the elephant crossed the road? He wasn't chicken! The police dispatch picks up the phone and writes down the call for help: It first appeared in an 1847 edition of the New York-based magazine The Knickerbockerand, to be fair, the magazine did present it as an example of a lame punch line. Why did the chicken cross the road? 47. The old woman was about to speak, but the fairy held up her hand. To which the doctor says "Because you had a lab report and a cat scan!" What does the farmer talk about while milking a cow? To get to The Body Shop! Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from thestaff@tvtropes.org. The other name was une duex triois Some versions keep the same wording, but add an extra word (like "wing" or "thigh") to turn the "other side" into a food pun. With the lady still in shock, the doctor handed the bill to the lady. There were two cats 25. Why did the raccoon cross the road? A man in a movie theater notices what looks like a cat sitting next to him. Why did the chewing gum cross the road?Because it was stuck on the chickens foot. Why did the dog cross the road twice?He was trying to fetch a boomerang. A cat at your home?" Why couldnt the chicken cross the road? Why did the zebra cross the road?Because it was a zebra crossing. 51. The steaks are high. the officer asks 6.) Random. 19. Why did the duck cross the road?To prove hes not chicken. Prepare to LOL at these classic "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes. Why did the turkey cross the road?It was Thanksgiving Day, and it wanted people to think it was a chicken. 84. He was riding the chicken. He has invaded my house and is walking towards me! Why did the chicken cross the road? Why did the baby. 1.) 3.) Q: What does a scaredy cat say? Q: Why don't cats like online shopping? Because chickens haven't been invented yet. . 10. 1.) The gag was printed as an example of such a lame punchline. Why did Gran put wheels on her rocking chair? A: Because she wanted to be a first-aid kit! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Q: What is a cats favorite musical instrument? 45. Why did the boy throw the clock out of the window? Q: What is a lion's favorite food? Q: What do tigers wear in bed? Referenced in a series of commercials asking you to "cross the road" for Kentucky Fried Chicken. They're blowing up his house! 18. You mean a thief?" To knock knock on a door, walk into a bar, and change a lightbulb. Because she was chicken. A: Frostbite! There are plenty of reasons to laugh - it feels good, it's contagious, and it's good for your health. Cross the Road Jokes. Why Did The Cat Cross The Road? Because Im not funny. Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side. Laughter can help you: -Reduce stress -Boost your immune system -Protect your heart -Ease pain -Relax your body -Improve your mood -Connect with others Laughter can help you cope with stress 13.) Why did the nose cross the road?Because he was tired of getting picked on. Q: How are tigers like sergeants in the army? The doctor looked at the dingo and shook his head. 4.) But I wish it was. 12.) 76. Why did the elephants get kicked out of the swimming pool? A: Stop freaking meowt. 19.) 21. Dogs will come when you call them. Cats will ignore you and take a nap. A: A paw-trait What do you call a chicken crossing the road? Q: What did the alien say to the cat? Why did the cat cross the road?Because her owner told her not to do it. The following week, the same policeman sees the same man with the cat again in the front seat, with both of them wearing sunglasses. It was stuck to the chickens back. Why didnt the baby skeleton cross the road?Because his mummy was not there. A: They prefer a cat-alogue. 72. 41. will have Why did the man with no hands cross the road?To get to the Second Hand shop. 26.) To get to the other slide. You have another Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road joke? Why did the chicken cross the road?If you saw Chuck Norris coming, youd have crossed that road too. It was stuck to the chickens foot. Not a joke. A: A sourpuss! 4. Why did the potato run across the road?So it wouldnt get mashed. I think I have OCD..Obessive Cat Disorder. 342. r/Jokes. The road betrayed it first. Q: What do you call a pile of kittens? To knock-knock on the door, walk into the bar, and change the lightbulb. The boy takes his friend's advice but calls him later with the news: "It didn't work, the kittens came right back home!" Everything just goes in one ear and out the udder. A: You got to be kitten me. Because the road was too long to walk around it. 24.) Don't tell me a funny cat joke or I'll puma pants. Let's get started. Why did the bear cross the road?Because the chicken was on vacation. make you pay for every mistake you've ever made since the day you Because chickens didnt exist yet. A: Curiousity killed the cat. Make sure you show up on time, otherwise Bessie will have a cow. (The following text is shown on an image.ed.) Q: What do you call a cat on the beach at Christmas time? Q: What do you call a cat that smells good? A: Get Meowt . Why did the chicken cross the road? You can never have just one. Because the road was too long to walk around it. You guys helped me wake him up with laughter so many times and I got to hear . 1.) A: The other half! 4. I am not a dad. A: Hillary Kitten. Dogs will tilt their heads and try to understand It was too far to walk around. It was picking up the chickens feathers. care how you feel, as long as you remember where the can opener is. 20. Why did the horse cross the road?Because the chicken needed a day off. (Why did the duck cross the road? 16.) Why did the cow cross the road?Because the chicken was on vacation. Why did the cat cross the road? A: A car-pet It was Thanksgiving Day, and it wanted people to think it was a chicken! A: HISStory. Why did the spider cross the road?To get to his web site. Why did the man put lipstick on his forehead? 71. 4.) A: a meowntain Why did the chicken cross the road to KFC? A: HELLO KITTY! Why did the skeleton refuse to go on the rollercoaster? will play To cockadoodle do something. 33. Why did the dog cross the road?Because he was chasing the chicken. 9.) 37. (Neither did roads. My mom laughed today when I said I was going to build a truck out of spaghetti. Because it was free range. What do you get if you cross a cow and rooster? The original or classic cross the road joke is Why did the chicken cross the road? 5.) A: Ten After One. Why did the chicken cross the playground? Archived post. Q. "Who is talking?" Why did the chicken cross the road? How did the egg cross the road? Why did the chicken cross the Pacific Ocean? Q: What do cats wear at night? He was trying to fetch a boomerang. Beano Jokes Team. 20.) Why did the chicken cross the road? The only thing cats A: She was a sher-paw. A Furrari. A: A CAT-HAS-TROPHY! 16 / 102. . 22.) A cat version is: Q: Why did the cat cross the road? Why did the sleepy chicken cross the road? So it wouldnt get mashed. A: 'Pleased to eat you.'! 36. Why did the turkey cross the road? 37 Funny Robot Jokes, Puns, and One-Liners to Laugh Out Loud. 2.) Why did the chicken cross the road? Time to kick back and enjoy some yuks with this jovial joke junction of roadside funnies! Why did the chicken cross the road? 26. They had a race across the lake, which one won? He had something to cock-a-doodle dooo! out the back door. Funny Jokes. There are also times where an actual chicken may be involved. Q: What does a cat say when somebody steps on its tail? Q: How do you make cats furry? I bet your family has a few different answers to that question. Why did the rabbit cross the road? Last Updated: December 5th 2022. This joke is clever because it takes a familiar phrase and gives it a new meaning. Q: What do you get when you take a Kitty Kat to the tailor? Why did the chicken run on the soccer field?Cause the referee whistled for a fowl. In her place sat a beautiful young woman, with smooth, white skin and long, golden hair. 7.) Why did Crabbe and Goyle cross the road? 6. Why did the horse cross the road? 1.) Whether youre a parent looking to make a child laugh while learning animal sounds or just a dad whos looking to add some new cheesy (or should we say milky) content to the repertoire, these cow jokes and cow puns are sure to get a universal laugh. A: 'Don't go over the road till you see the zebra crossing.' What do you call a cow that cant make milk? Q: What do you get if you cross a cat with a bottle of vinegar? The joke is based on a common situation where someone might see a snake crossing the road and wonder why it's doing so. Q: What do cats like to read? 79. A: Can you hear meow? A: Because curiousity killed the cat burglar. A poor old lady was sitting alone, except for her cat, in her tiny house, in front of a small fire. she said. Knock Knock 17. Why did the cat cross the road? 18.) Q: What do you need to get a fast cat to use the litter box? A: Frostbite! Why did the chicken cross the road? I got the mooves like Jagger. Why did the turkey cross the road? . To avoid this joke. Cat: "You're not real!" I dont know, why? Why is the cat so grouchy? asked the man, surprised. To retrieve his rubber chicken. Why did the dinosaur cross the road? The police dispatcher responded, "Sir, I don't think I heard you correctly? 3. Turns out she just had the movie on paws. Q: What do you get if you cross a cat with a dark horse? Q: Where does a cat go when he looses his tail? A widely circulated text version collects answers as proposed by, By 1892 the joke was well known enough that. Q: When is a lion not a lion? . Why did the chicken cross the road?The road betrayed it first. Meghan Jones is a word nerd who has been writing for RD.com since 2017. The woman looked at her hands and arms, felt her hair, and smiled. I am a daughter. because une duex trois cat sank Q: Did you know that cats designed the great pyramids of Giza? 17.) These jokes are undeniably cheesy, but let's be realwhat great joke isn't? Well there you have it, some of the funniest cross the road jokes for kids. Q: What is a cat's favorite color? Why did the fish cross the road?To get to its school. A common variant is to simply replace the chicken with another creature. But the road will have its vengeance!! Q: What do you call a cat that gets anything it wants? Weve also got knock knock jokes for kids and what do you call jokes. The doctor said that the dingo was 100% dead. I always found cowculus to be the most interesting subject. You can find her byline on pieces about grammar, fun facts, the meanings of various head-scratching words and phrases, and more. However, the humor from this joke is so obvious that it would be better off listed in theanti-jokes section. "Why did the chicken cross the road?" is a classic joke that invokes groans and giggles for all the family.It's a simple question, but today the possibilities and answers are endless, which makes the jokes even funnier.But it also guarantees that there is something for everyone. 11.) Parents can rest assured these silly jokes have been selected especially for younger kids. Road Jokes Top 20 Jokes about Roads. RELATED: Short Jokes Anyone Can Remember Submit your best joke here and get $25. He found a purrfect deal on a furclosure, and was ready to become a homeowner. 45. That's right - laughter has some amazing health benefits. To stretch her legs. comments sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A . Q: What is it called when a cat wins a dog show? RedditCatmemes Posted by u/MikalKing October 12, 2018 Why did the cat cross the road? 3.) Why did the Roman chicken cross the road? The fairy disappeared, and the cat leapt up from his place by the fire as a handsome young prince. 23.) A: The Pink Panter Show! 75. Cats look silly on a leash. You are very poor, and all alone at Christmas, so I have come to grant you three wishes, to cheer you up." What do you call a chicken crossing the road?Poultry in motion. Immediately, the tiny house was packed with pots full of gold coins, and sacks of bank-notes. Here are some good joke examples that youre sure to enjoy. Q: What do you get if you cross a tiger with a kangeroo? Why did the clown cross the road?To retrieve his rubber chicken. "So what about this cat coming toward you?" Q: What did the lions say to his cubs when he taught them to hunt? Why did the chicken cross the internet?To get to the other site. 11. It didnt have the guts anymore. We got answers! Why couldn't the chicken cross the road? Chickens in the road. To warn people that the sky was falling. What has the lone cow been up to lately? "Third", she said to the fairy, "I want you to change my cat into a handsome young prince, who will love me and take care of me all my life!" Jokes for Kids 2022 | Beano.com. Top Ten Reasons Why Dogs Are Better Pets Than Cats To stretch her legs. Q: What do you call a cat in a station wagon? Why did the chicken stop crossing the road?It got tired of all the jokes. A: The evening mews! 52. They prefer a cat-alogue. Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other tide. Chuck Norris. Q: What do you call a painting of a cat? To bock traffic. Q: What do you call a cat on ice? 2. 19.) 48. Q: Did you hear about the passenger who had to be escorted off the airplane? Why did the raccoon cross the road?He saw you put out the garbage for pickup. It was a zebra crossing. 67. Because she did not want to get roasted on an oil lamp! The other responds: "It's to bury my poor parakeet who died this morning." Why did the chicken cross the road? Q: Why did the cat sleep under the car? Were going to present the hot take that we dont think the joke Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side is all that funny. Why did the cat scratch the couch? A: Because it "littered" A: A stripey jumper! 29.) A: Purrrple! Why did the sheep cross the road?To get to the Baa Baa Shop for a haircut. A: An eskimew! Q: What did the cat on the smart phone say? A guy is digging a hole in his garden. 5.) Why did the chicken cross the road?To get away from Colonel Sanders. Why didnt the ghost cross the road?It had no body to go with. 5. 49. 38. My dad died on Monday. To bock traffic. He was on a roll. There was a traffic jam. Just beak-cause he could. Why did the sheep cross the road? He needed to go to the body shop. 14.) A: A stri-ped! Check out these other "why did the chicken cross the road?" jokes for more laughs. A: Mice cream cones! But well let that slide for humor purposes!). A: It was the chicken's day off! See also: Lightbulb Joke and "Knock Knock" Joke. . Because it was take your child to work day.. 85. Filed Under: Computer, Cross the Road. He wasn't so smug when I told him, "No, it's for company!" But its become so ubiquitous that its spawned all sorts of variations, parodies, and jokes about other things crossing the road. You could also check out our collection of the best chicken jokes while you are at it. (And, for that matter, better punch lines for the road-crossing chicken!) 12. with all day long are small rodents or bugs, preferably ones that Why did the sushi cross the road? When a chicken crosses the racetrack, her friend says, "Why do you think she crossed the road?". By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Why did the zebra cross the road? Twitter Web App What do you call a flying cat? Q: What do you call a cat that can address the media? 8.) It scrambled across! Q: What do you get if you cross a tiger with a sheep? There was more money than anyone could spend in an entire lifetime. To boldly go where no chicken has gone before. They were following Draco. Dogs will give you unconditional love until the day they die. We have compiled a list of the best and the funniest jokes for you to enjoy with friends and family in your free time or as an addition to your QnA trivia games night. Of such is this: 'Why does a chicken cross the street? Eventually, she spoke: "First", she said, "I want to be very, very wealthy." Why did the sushi rolls guitar sound bad? Cow bells make such beautiful moosic. Q: Where does a cat go when he looses his tail? Why did the girl smear peanut butter on the road? The man replied, "I did. To get to the Shell station. Why did the chicken run onto the basketball court? A: She was feline fine. 5.) 7. To get to the baa-baa shop for a haircut. Why did the chicken cross the road?Because the road was too long to walk around it. We hope that you had a good laugh! 8. It isnt a chicken. Why did the rubber chicken cross the road? 81. For more information, please see our Are you 'out of town?' A: A spelling bee! your face. 24. The cat replied, "Well, I liked the book." She had a litter of mittens. A: Because they have nine lives! Because the road was too long to walk around it. To get out of the barking lot. The policeman pulls him over. He wanted to get to the second-hand shop. Q: Why is the desert lion everyone's favorite at Christmas? He exclaimed, "You should take it to the zoo." Why did the baby chick cross the road? Tell a Joke. Q: What happened when the lion ate the comedian? 4.) You have to come now!" They can get so tiring after a while. How did the farmer find the missing cow? 9.) 9. Why did the elephant cross the road?The chicken couldnt be bothered anymore. A dog knows when you're sad. Why did the spy cross the road?Because he was never on your side. To get to the dark side! Q: Who are cats going to vote for in November? "Cat me outside, how bout dat"