If youre in tune with the reading, but nothing is standing out to you, maybe those particular verses arent speaking to you and thats ok. Dont think of the Bible as a story book. Speak to me. A friend of mine, Bill Maxwell co-wrote the song along with Andre Crouch, Quincy Jones and one other whose name I have forgotten. It seems sweet, low and blueslikeoh and instead of singing 'low life' I sing 'low light'.and 'shake your shimy' I sing 'shake your pinky', This does something to my soul everytime I hear this song, This scene in this movie which may I say this movie is phenomenal but this scene Shug her singing is just so Soulful and this is to me where she shows Whoopi that she appreciates her and the bond between those two is unbreakable at that point even Danny Glover shut his mouth and quit laughing. I loved playing this on the piano. My mother evil too. @The Super Bean no doubt they will but i hope they dont!!! @c.a. i think its blue(in one interview he said black), "Color of Night" is all i know, maybe there's more lmaoo, The color red how come the color red makes everyone angry maybe LOVED IT!!!!! She is a multi-award winner with eleven Grammy awards and seven Dove awards to her credi, Shirley Caesar (born October 13, 1938 in Durham, North Carolina) is an American Gospel music singer. Byron L. Hannon, 2019. Remember who I Am. Children's music (Teacher Taunia) Christian music (Taunia). 1 John 4:1 alerts us, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.". The tables really turned; In the beginning she insulted Celie, called her names and by the end of the movie, Shug had become her Angel and they became so close! Same here I was 7 and I even knew the meanings and felt them in my soul as a black female. God is trying to tell you something now. So uplifting. Knowing the signs He's calling you and how to discern those messages are imperative in order to live the life God wants for us. Then Shug, something pulling at her heart, begins singing with the choir from a distance as she begins walking toward the church. What do we do with instances like this? Who sung color purple movie song maybe god is trying to tell you something? Around this time, Born and raised in South-Central Los Angeles, Linda Coleman moved to Sacramento to further her education. The gift that has always made room for Linda is the gift of Administration. We are in our 40s now. Whoopi is simply STUNNING. Teresa is also a featured actress since 2018, in the Gospel Musical Family Bonded, Family Bonded 2 and is currently filming th, Taunia Scroggins is a Teacher from Stockton California. THE GIFT OF WOMAN EMPOWERMENT, Till this day , her voice still gives me chills, If my mom was still here Id sing this to her. Sharon started her career as a costume designer for several R&B singers and groups in Atlanta, from The Temptations to Outkast. BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!! We have lyrics for 'Miss Celies Blues' by these artists: The lyrics can frequently be found in the. And who doesn't love when Celie sticks her tongue out at the women at the end?! The Bible says, For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Whoopi really showed her talent in this! She prayed Jane would have a lucid moment and that she would hear the Gospel one more time and say Yes, to the Lords kind invitation. Pastor Shirley has recorded over forty albums since the 60s exploring her gift and spreading messages of faith. This strong bloodline of singers branched from the tree trunks of her and her husband into their children, who are all musically inclined, with her daughter being runner up on BETs Sundays Best. Delilah is not only the writer of this piece but the Director and Producer as well, not to mention the marketing director. "Maybe God Is Tryin' to Tell You Somethin' Lyrics." All rights reserved. It's time to take up your cross and follow. Who your white and have seen this but I constantly run across black people who hasn't seen this so I always ask how can you be black and have never seen this??? Thank You. Elaine Moonie has been blessed to serve as one of the leading roles in Bishop T.D. One of the all time greatest movies Ive ever watched. Listen / Yes / Yes, Lord / If I were you, I would say yes / Speak Lord / Speak Lord / Speak to me / Speak to me / Speak Lord oh, speak Lord / Speak to me / Won't you speak to me But nothing is more important than Gods calling for your life, especially your calling to follow Him. She said, Im just one of those people who chooses not to believe. She was quite wealthy and relied on her riches to keep her out of harms way. If youve been out of touch with God and off course spiritually, you may not have been to church in a while and if you have been attending regularly, you may feel disconnected from the service and message. Maybe God Is Tryin' To Tell You Somethin' (From "The Color Purple" Soundtrack) Quincy Jones Productions 173K subscribers 1.6M views 4 years ago Provided to YouTube by Universal Music Group. so in love with this song. @Gentle Breeze Here's one documentary proof that Margaret Avery did not sing in The Color Purple. coming from the deep south even a child could feel this in their soul especially a black child. Taunia shines as she tak, Beth Hunter is a dynamic singing gospel artist residing in Fresno, CA. I sing this to my niece and nephew because obviously I'm the fun auntie lol , I love this song it brings back memory's . It was directed by Steven Spielberg and stars Whoopi Goldberg as Celie, Danny Glover as Albert, and Oprah Winfrey as Sofia. "God Is Trying To Tell You Something" Color Purple In a dynamic scene near the end of the blockbuster The Color Purple, the character Shug Avery engages in a soul-stirring rendition of a gospel song called God Is Trying To Tell You Something. It does not mean literally scratching her head. Its my job to polish them, protect and deliver them in a matter that is first pleasing to Him and then the audience. And for over 30 years she has done just that. The grandmas and pawpaws were still worn down from the past and we got to see it. Well, people are going to believe what they want to believeLOL, @Lay Paris xo I have no idea what "face check dummy" means. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. We took my grandma to the movies to see it for her birthday. Article Images Copyright 2023 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. If something does not align with Scripture, it is to be avoided. Beliefnet is a lifestyle website providing feature editorial content around the topics of inspiration, spirituality, health, wellness, love and family, news and entertainment. "Heffa" is just a different spelling for the same term with the same meaning. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. I love you, Lord God is trying to tell you something in these moments. He wants to be the number one person we come to when we run into problems, when we are scared, or need someone to talk to. Is kanodia comes under schedule caste if no then which caste it is? SinceAllScripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16), we can apply the warning from Revelation 22:18-19 to the whole of Scripture (see also Galatians 1:6-10). Yep. God desires a personal connection with us, and prayer is the most excellent way to communicate. Before we answer that question, lets look at how God spoke to people in the Bible. We are hit with things everyday which are impossible for us to endure (e.g., the loss of a spouse, or a child), and we are not to be the ones to handle things. DESPITE THE HELL THAT CELIE WAS PUT THROUGH ALMOST ALL OF HER LIFE! The Bible says, For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Watch DL tonight as he salutes the musical icon, Mr. Ray Charles in the Star Scene. I send it to my sisters all the time. In 2021, Hersha choreographed from James Fortune, Pastor Mike, Jr., LeAndria Johnson, and Pastor John P. Kee concerts in Stockton, California. In the Old Testament, God had direct interactions with certain people. So many years later , this song is still stuck in my head. Governor Ware in Dinner. One day during a walk, Darlene felt a weight for her Aunt Jane and had to get on her knees and pray. Jarrett has also been a part of Gods Trying To Tell You Something and feels blessed, Bishop DL Edwards was made for the stage. They were. Its time to take up your cross and follow Him. I praise your name More black women should uplift each other. La compartir con mis amigos feministas(Chile/2023). She just loves this show and is so grateful to be back she gives all p, Since the beginning, many years ago, Tony Cox and his rich voice is heard on all of the Gods Trying To Tell You Something Radio and TV commercials. She is one of the original cast/crew members from the first tour which allowed her to meet not only her biological brother but her biological mother for the first time while on the road. Maybe God is trying to tell you something Crying all night long, something's gone wrong Maybe God is trying to tell you something Oh, you can't sleep at night and you sure wonder why Maybe god is trying to tell you something Trying, trying, trying, trying, I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying Maybe God is trying to tell you something (repeat 4x) The Stage Production You Have Got To See!! Written by Thomas A. Dorsey Maybe God Is Tryin' to Tell You Somethin' Written by Quincy Jones, Andra Crouch (as Andrae Crouch), David Del Sesto and Bill Maxwell Vocals By Tta Vega and Jackie Gouche My Heart Written by Lil Armstrong Performed by Louis Armstrong and his Hot Five Courtesy of CBS Records Hot Lips I's follow her everywhere. Though close for a time, distance and a change of vocation made their communication less frequent (although there was no loss of sisterly love). Its easy when youre working with such a talented Musical Director like Charles "Buddy" Ware, he is one awesome young man. I always come here to reflect. When were going through dark periods in our lives and dont know where to turn, practicing prayer daily gives us the chance to share where we are with God. Sometimes, we may even be anxious to discover His message. The book of Revelation records Jesus as speaking in 1:11-4:1, 10:8-11, 16:1, 21:3-8, 22:6-7, 12-13, 16 and 20. It was Maria Howell Margeret Avery is the correct answer. To say that it is powerful is an understatement. Ive seen that scene many times, and am always captured by it. Not having spoken in almost a year, one day Darlene could not get Janice out of her thoughts. Got me over here choked up. May she rest in peace. Also, dont be afraid of what may be revealed through these messages. And hear my mind, Ultimately, we are called to love God, love others, obey God, and take care of others. because the color represents anger, Continue Learning about Movies & Television. Thank you for sharing. Her passion is dancing. How often have you read the Bible and a particular verse, or set of verses just jumped out at you? In the New Testament, we read how God audibly spoke as Father, as Son, and as the Holy Spirit: In Hebrews 1:1, we are told, Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed the heir of all things, through whom also He created the world.. All rights reserved to text content unless otherwise noted. #GardenChronicles96: Sista (Mrs. Celie's Blues)! Good morning, people of god. @ImTired 4402 no they're not. After this scene it's implied that something happened between Shug & Celie, as Celie says herself, "Shug like honey, and now I's just like a bee. This is a GOD moment. Every scene was the best scene IMO. Quincy really got this one right. This multitalented young lady brings much to the table with her ability to make you laugh playing the role of Sis. Save my soul She is a graduate of Shaw University with a, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. My sister and I always sing sistaaa to each other once in awhile lol , I wish I could experience this in real life, Named after this movie. 3. You women are so beautiful. As many times as Ive watched this when I was younger, I didnt understand it until I got older. Copyright 2023, Bible Study Tools. I love this scene because it's showing someone's finally caring about her. Jesus may be trying to reach you to encourage you to get on (or back on) on spiritual course. Oh, Speak, Lord 4. Around the age of 2, there was an apparent hunger for music within BWare Productions founder, owner, and operator Charles Buddy Ware Jr. At the age of ten, Charles was able to learn and participate in services as a drummer/percussionist at World Faith Christian Church in Fayetteville, N.C., where his father served as the music pastor. I play it on trumpet, guitar and tenor banjo. The only power we trust is that of God and His Spirit working in our lives. The Word of God describes several kinds of calling, including a general call to everyone, an effectual call to His people, and a technical call to a particular vocation. Danene is the former Miss Black Stoc, Independent Gospel Alliance Artist of the Year 2020, Teresa Jae, is an actress, singer and songwriter from Sacramento, Ca. It was a warm day, and the church windows were open. Please post it so we can enjoy it. Speak, my Lord I'm truly blessed. Or at the very least Celie is gay and Shug is bi. Hes had the opportunity to star in several local productions, including Chris Fields gospel musical Family Bonded in 2018. Margaret Avery was incredible in this movie.not one Academy award was won ! She is well accomplished as a choir director, worship leader, professional background vocalist, and indie recording artist. Mature bonding between one very strong woman who wishes she could give some of her strength to this other gentle lady. . He wants us to actively call on Him so that He can answer our prayers. Lord Our full armor in addition to prayer is our best offense and defense. Oh, with your word, heal my soul @Felipe Delgado A heifer is a female cow. We grew up watching this movie and singing this song together. Used to spend ages in the bathrooms of bars and nightclubs drunkenly encouraging, pep talking and complimenting other gals to give them a boost to their esteem. The psalmist speaks of the law, testimony, precepts, commandment, fear, and rules of the Lord in Psalm 19:7-11. Lets take our reading or listening of the Bible for example. The detail that goes into it that most people would miss. You mean the world to me! When these moments happen, ask God what He is trying to tell you through these verses. It can really help us to grow in our relationship with God. @Jasmine Rogers I'm so sorry for your loss. Love this song. Delilah served as assistant director to Tyler Perry and national tour promoter with T.D. Spielberg just didn't have the guts to show that side of their relationship on screen at the time the movie was made, Im something .. i hope you think that youre something too , @Crystal Serrano awe, thanks that's lovely . 16K views, 545 likes, 471 loves, 3K comments, 251 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from EWTN: Starting at 8 a.m. ABSOLUTE TIMELESS CLASSIC! God always provides according to His purpose for us. In 2018 Aaron went to Barbizon Acting and Modeling School, where he was later invited to the Los Angeles Showcase and won first place in the singing competition. In the strange times in which we live, when emotional tumult and people living at cross purposes seems to be not only the order of the day, but common to our time, and when interior peace is a precious commodity hard to find and keep, what if GOD is trying to tell us something? Jesus may be trying to reach you to encourage you to get on (or back on) on spiritual course. As Christians, we want to know what God is telling us but its not always easy hearing His voice or discerning the messages that may be right in front of us. I hear you, Lord 5. Lyrics Universal Music Publishing Group, Warner Chappell Music, Inc. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Jane staunchly refused to accept Jesus as Lord. (, In multiple places in the book of Acts, God the Father, the risen Christ, or the Holy Spirit spoke. She and her friends, some of whom were musicians, were picnicking on a beautiful Sunday. Many people have, but is it true? Um dos melhores filmes que me apresentaram na minha infncia, This song is SO RELEVANT to this day for every nationally of women that can identify with this song. Theres a video of her singing it just like in the video. She actually tears up!! The beauty of this is she said "thank you" in front of everyone. Our website is still under construction but check back with us periodically and find out what we are up too. The Bible tells us, Now you belong to Himin order that you might be useful in service to God (Romans 7:4). Anyone who causes a separation between you and God is not a good person to have in your space. So classic! Jerry Jordan Jr comes from a family of COGIC musicians. (LogOut/ What an amazing song, no one can sing this like The Shug and mean it. Sometimes, Jesus is trying to get your attention by telling you that you have a greater calling. James 4:8 says draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. He wants us to be close to Him and prayer is the perfect opportunity to draw near to Him and hear what God is telling you. I love you soooo much and I want you to always remember you are something and don't let anyone or anything stop you. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! greene I don't care for the comedies much, just like with Robin Williams, who was an excellent dramatic actor. This song is my favorite song in the whole world. Its deeper than 400 years of oppression, of systematic genocide, and of hate, of a system always putting us against each other. She writes fiction and nonfiction. @linette Dunne thats not feminist thats common sense and wanting better. Janice prayed for Darlenes salvation and became her sister-in-Christ when Darlene accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. Verses 10-11 state, More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. On another occasion, Darlenes Aunt Jane, who lived ten hours away, was her favorite aunt. My mom and friends' moms did it ironing, hanging clothes on the line, mopping, or just sitting quietly by the window. Gracias por bajarlo! And what a sweet thing to do for someone That never felt an ounce of value their entire life. He began drumming at the tender age of 2 years old under his private instructor Mr. Floyd Kennedy. Stunning and beautiful. They were not too far from her fathers church. Some would call it the, Vina hails from Bakersfield, California where she was born and raised, and found a great love for the arts at an early age. More importantly, it reinforces for me my belief that GOD is always trying to tell us something. Shug is a strong-willed and very talented singer who years earlier had left the church and singing with the choir for the fast life as a club singer, along with other lifestyle choices that deeply angered her father. ? Go directly to shout page. ET on EWTN: Holy Mass and Rosary on Sunday, April 23, 2023 Tell us where you're. That oppressive spirit is passed down unfortunately. STILL ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF THIS SONG! This year 2022 is a 30 year milestone for me serving as the, Aaron Williams is 18 years old. My sister and I performed this song when we were kids and we still sing it to each other 30+ years later. I love the book and the film. She also is a member of BRRC. This song really hits home for me. PDF My mom always made sure we saw the classic movies of all time and this one one of them. I just and call em a . chanoa 00 a person being there at your worst situations, @Nicole Martin you realise that they're gay right? Until what He said was written in scrolls, He spoke, and He still spoke even after portions were written (e.g., The Law). Be especially present to new relationships that you werent expecting. Think you know music? This will always be our song. I believe He has something for you and I to hear. Wiki User. I love the way Miss Celie and Shug came together. , For my sister. How many minutes does it take to drive 23 miles? At the age of 3, he started singing in the church choir and praise team. Rip TELA bug, Ksike czytaam chyba z 1000 razy ,uwielbiam film!! Another sign that God is telling you something is a repetitive failure. In the tub she was humming the song while celie was combing her hair and bathing her. Speak to your pastor or an elder for guidance. #TikTok #Comedy, Ms. Celie's Blues from The Color Purple Movie - Sung by Shug Avery, Alien sings Shug Avery's: Ms Celie's Blues, The Color Purple: celie in shug's dressing room, Quincy Jones ft. Tata Vega - Miss Celie's Blues (karaoke), The Color Purple: Suge Avery - Miss Celie's Blues (Ashley Sorrell), Shug Avery - Ms. Celies Blues (Cover) #new #pdx #westcoast #usa #me #hello #music, WHEN THE COLOR PURPLE YO FAVORITE MOVIE MS. Celie's BLUES. His career spans five decades in the entertainment industry and a record 79 Grammy Award nominations, 27 Grammys, including a Grammy Legend Award in 1991. more , Sheet Music Whenever I get too upset, I remember Celie's strength and perseverance. Love it! Lately I've been feeling a bit down because of the way some people have been treating me. She finally gets some love and she finds out she isn't the only one who's gone through what she has! Maybe God Is Tryin' to Tell You Somethin' Lyrics, https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/22405625/Quincy+Jones/Maybe+God+Is+Tryin%27+to+Tell+You+Somethin%27, The Color Purple [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]. She acknowledges Celies presence and she was the admiration Celie needed to get the guts to read Mister for filth. Ive watched this film on and off for 20 years and it never fails to make me laugh and sob. The following verses cite one example for each of a few men with whom God spoke: Adam (Genesis 1:28), Abram (Genesis 12:1), Jacob (Genesis 28:13-15), Moses (Exodus 3:5), Samuel (1 Samuel 3:11-14), and Elijah (1 Kings 18:1), among others. The Bible has a lot to say about our purpose. Welcome to God's Trying to Tell You Something, the Gospel Stage Play that has Rocked the Country! Oh, you can't sleep at night and you sure wonder why Start the wiki. And this song - the way it is sung, the huge interplay between two seemingly different women - stupendous. *1987 to Present-Member of the Sacramento Metropolitan Chapter Choir Gospel Music Workshop of America* Currently services as the Chapter Representative * 1996 Nominated for the Director, Gregory Allen, Jr. is a native of Sacramento, California, who has a passion for drama and the arts. I've seen this movie dozens and dozens of times. Sometimes God is telling you to do more for others because you simply feel led to. . What do we do when we feel like God is trying to tell us something? He has shared the stage & worked with Jason Nelson, Hezekiah Walker, Kevin Bond, Jarrett JJ Moonie, a native of Gastonia North Carolina, has graced the stage as one of the leading roles in A Fool For Love, The Sins of My Father, A Passion For Justice, The Man of Her Dreams, and Theres a Stranger In My House, playing alongside of Vivica Fox, and Clifton Powell. If I were you The question for us is whether we have ears to hear what GOD is saying. He is a PK. My flesh wants to be upset too. She sang this song to someone we both love who was dealing with domestic abuse. If none of the other women told ,well I want to say thank you for feeling that way . I am trying to just absorb the power African-American women went and continues to go through. If you feel an underlying urge to do something bigger than yourself, to benefit the greater good without any need of reward, you are being called to take up Your cross. We should never base our Christian walk or pursuit of God on emotions. May you find eternal peace, my dear; such a beautiful celebration of life! @PoshMillyT actually she was gorgeous. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. She has been serving in music ministry for 30+ years. All the whole gamut of emotions in one movie. As Christians, we are followers of Christ, and we are all called to live according to Gods law; we are called to live a life of service to God and our fellow man. of Tta Vega - Miss Celie's Blues (Sister) - Remix - Vinyl Promo 45 rpm - 1986, The Color Purple 1985 (Tata Vega - Miss Celie's Blues), "Ms. Celie's Blues" (Sister) The Color Purple - Cover By Toggo Ultrarock, Miss Celies Blues (Sister) from The Color Purple (1985) - Blues Piano Cover, Celebrating Black Female Excellence: Margaret Avery Miss Celies Blues Color Purple Cover, Miss Ceilies blues (The color purple) - Shug Avery (cover) by Lori Fields, The Reconciliation of Shug Avery from The Color Purple, Semaj Sings Sister from the Color Purple Ms. Celies Blues, The Color Purple (5/6) Movie CLIP - God Loves Admiration (1985) HD, Live "Miss Celie's Blues" - Barbara St. James, MISS CELIE'S BLUES performed by Myla Duarte, Talibah Mawusi - Miss Celie's Blues from The Color Purple, Tata Vega ~ Miss Celie's Blues (The Color Purple), Brina B. Hilarious, but I always wanted my 'sisters' to feel good and enjoy themselves along with me. Oh, yes Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Does God directly tell us to say or do something? From the writings of the prophets came the scrolls, which became part of the (Hebrew/Jewish) canon of Scripture what we call the Old Testament.