Jack returns home and catches a glimpse of Ali in her bra and panties, trying on clothes. The camera goes up Ali's body in just a shirt (no nudity), representing Jack's point of view behind her. PETER GALLAGHER plays Tess' ex-husband who's solely focused on and quite nervous about the club's financial problems and wants to sell to Marcus. The "Dirrty" singer added that she channeled her lack of acting experience into the character. She instantaneously gets a job at a flashy, exciting burlesque club, with wise owner Tess. The Glee alum made a cameo appearance as Jack's fiance, Natalie, who returns from New York to find her beau in bed with Ali. She reminded me of the relationship that I had with Meryl Streep [on Silkwood], when Meryl took me under her wing, she said at the time. And while Glitter it is not, it's definitely worth rehashing the clichs upon clichs. Drinking occurs throughout much of the film, with one supporting character noted as having a drinking problem, while smoking also occurs. PETER GALLAGHER plays Tess' ex-husband who's solely focused on and quite nervous about the club's financial problems and wants to sell to Marcus. (2010) (Christina Aguilera, Cher) (PG-13) Burlesque clubs in the past and now. She came on the set with us, and thats a little bit nerve-wracking when youve done nothing in film. alum shines in a few scenes as Tess' ex-husband, Vince, who wants to sell the burlesque club to Marcus. Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more! gtag('js', new Date()); But, Christina worked so hard. He then comes out, shirtless, saying he needs some water as he doesn't want a hangover. "When I fire your late ass," "You're just so damn beautiful," "In that case, screw your momma and stare away," "Dude," "Up yours," "I want that bitch out," "Did you also tell him I have a tattoo on my ass?" Heavy Tess has a drink. Jack has a tattoo, as does Sean, Nikki and various minor and miscellaneous characters. The "Believe" singer told Collider in November 2010 that she felt an immediate connection to Aguilera, whom she tried to mentor during filming. Nikki quits her job and drives home drunk after putting up with Tess's negligence of her jealousy towards Ali. When someone makes the comment, "It just happens," Georgia (who's pregnant) says she knows how it feels, saying she has to pee again. About Ali, Nikki states, "I want that bitch out." PROFANITY These lines are modern inspired by Jane Austen's novel "Emma," when Mr. Knightley asks Emma to dance and she says "Indeed, I will. You have shown that you can dance, and you know we are not really so much brother and sister as to make it improper," to which Mr. Knightley replies "Brother and sister! Alcohol/Drugs But it takes luck and extraordinary talent for a star to shine to the point of dazzling the public. Ali wears a very tight dress at Jack's place before going out. Some innuendo and sexually related lyrics occur in some songs. (meaning something else, but taken as a double meaning), followed by the other asking "For what?" She instantaneously gets a job at a flashy, exciting burlesque club, with wise owner Tess becoming her mentor, beautiful alcoholic Nikki becoming her rival, and engaged-to-some-rando bartender Jack becoming her TOTES PLATONIC friend slash roommate. Starring: Cher, Christina Aguilera, Alan Cumming Watch all you want. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Although Cher enjoyed her time working on the movie, she admitted in 2013 that she wasn't proud of the project. Ali's Iowa bar boss refuses to pay her what she's owed for the past month, so she takes her amount and leaves. Curious if this title is entertaining, any good, and/or has any artistic merit? ImitativeBehavior The former Dancing With the Stars judge played Georgia, a dancer whose sudden pregnancy opens up a spot for Ali to audition. Tess states that her mom had a body that could stop a truck. Music(Scary/Tense) See Which Stars Have Gotten Engaged in 2023, Taylor Swift Sings About 'Falling Back in Love' on New Duet After Split, Meghan King Wears 'Fk You' Sweatshirt to Kids School, Jim Edmonds Reacts. Ali Rose (Burlesque) View source Marylin Alice "Ali" Rose, known by her nickname Ali, is the protagonist in the film, Burlesque . It's Burlesque, and, apart from marking Christina Aguilera's acting debut, it's a sparkly star-studded film that features everyone from Cher to Kristen Bell to Stanley Tucci. As she drives off drunk, Tess smashes her side car window in passing. since the skyscraper would obstruct the view from his condos. As she drives off drunk, Tess smashes her side car window in passing. When he stumbles over words, she says "Jack, we're friends for Christ's sake. Smoking Christina Aguilera as Alice Marilyn Ali Rose. A character tells another, "Maybe I should wash your mouth out with Jagermeister.". Answer: Jack Ali shows up on Jack's doorstep after having discovered her room trashed and her money stolen. Who robbed Ali in Burlesque? I also had to have a balance of starting out very vulnerable and wide-eyed and naive, she explained. See that category for additional information. Tess has a drink in the club (as do others). For those prone to visually induced motion sickness, there's handheld camera movement from time to time in the film. When he stumbles over words, she says "Jack, we're friends for Christ's sake. Ali wears an off-the-shoulder top that's quite low-cut (but not enough to reveal her breast). Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Whats happening in this Burlesque movie clip?Ali auditions to be one of the club's dancers and when she's done, she persuades Tess to take her much to the lead dancer Nikki's (Kristen Bell from Veronica Mars and Forgetting Sarah Marshall) annoyance.Click to Buy/Rent Burlesque on iTunes: https://apple.co/2BNHE2nWhats the Burlesque movie about? Hired by Tess as a waitress at the Lounge, Ali escapes a hollow past and quickly falls in love with the art of burlesque. Tense FamilyScenes It's a passion, and emotion, and a fashion, and a moderately amusing 2010 movie. A bottle of champagne is opened during a musical number. That night, Ali and Jack sleep together, but the following morning Jack'sfianc, Natalie (Agron), returns unexpectedly from her play inNew Yorkand tells Ali that the engagement is still on. Ali Rose : Thought you looked familiar. Startseite; Die Bckerei. Which is several layers of unnerving if you're a Veronica Mars fan. Jack returns home and catches a glimpse of Ali in her bra and panties, trying on clothes. Ali (CHRISTINA AGUILERA) has had enough of Iowa and moves to Los Angeles where she hopes to find a job singing. Because she's never watched Coyote Ugly or Gone Girl or the other 9000 films that are like this. I put that energy into how I really was feeling, approaching acting in the first place, which was wide-eyed and as a newcomer, who was open and vulnerable to everyones opinions and ideas, and ready to learn.. Jack drinks and when Ali asks him about that, he says he's maybe liberated but definitely libated. Nikki says she's having an iced tea, but Tess doesn't believe her. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". Violence includes the smashing of a car window in passing, and views of an already vandalized apartment. That is, until she hears Ali belt out a song, a development that also draws Marcus' interest, not only due to the young woman's talent, but also because she's quite attractive. Burlesque, written and directed by Steven Antin, offered her an opportunity to apply her creative skills and exercise some new ones. Ali slaps her own clothed butt twice while doing sexy dance moves during an audition to become a dancer. SMOKING It had a few good moments, but I didnt even like my performance that much. Sean states that his nickname for Nikki is "slut." Fahrverkauf Ingolstadt; Preise Ali shows cleavage while lying in bed. People have drinks at a wedding reception. The last thing Tess needs is a pushy upstart with no technical experience at dance making a fuss, and the last thing Ali needs is a hard-ass boss who dismisses her out of hand. When Ali isn't wowing crowds with her vocals, she's growing close to the bartender, Jack, played by Cam Gigandet. MUSIC (SCARY/TENSE) None. What's happening in this Burlesque movie clip? Clockwise, from the top left: Christina Aguilera, Cher, Kristen Bell, and Stanley Tucci. About a newspaper story about the club and Ali, Nikki sarcastically says, "The only thing major is Coco's ass." I want someone with more bite and more passion for what she wants in life. And so, they rewrote it., In order to view the video, please allow Manage Cookies. I'm old but I'm still pretty on top of everything." Ali works in a bar where we see a beer brand's neon sign. Marylin Alice "Ali" Rose, known by her nickname Ali, is the protagonist in the film, Burlesque. When Ali says she doesn't understand why the dancers can't also sing, Tess tells her that it's because it's above her pay grade (to understand). He then pretends he didn't see anything. Will the club get saved miraculously at the last minute? When she does an impromptu bit of singing on stage, she surprises everyone and is then seen as the club's possible financial savior. She came on the set with us, and thats a little bit nerve-wracking when youve done nothing in film. All Rights Reserved, Heavy She will make friends and enemies, and by dint of perseverance, will manage to get closer to her dream. Sex is implied as we see them in bed after that, with her head and arm on his bare chest (his lower half is under the sheet) and she states, "It's official, you're definitely not gay." "There, are you happy, I hope that's a good look for your big plans of passing out on a ratty couch.". (Note: The "Our Take" review of this title examines the film's artistic merits and does not take into account any of the possibly objectionable material listed below). Some of the songs heard during the musical numbers contain innuendo, while others including lines such as "It's just the bump and grind" and "Show a little more, show a little less." Jack and Ali start developing bad attitudes toward each other, some of that stemming from him from not being happy with her spending late night hours with Marcus. Ali's comeback was set . A small-town girl ventures to Los Angeles and finds her place in a neo-burlesque club run by a former dancer. She not only sings and dances in the movie, she also had a hand in writing three original songs. Scroll down to see stars you may have forgot appeared in Burlesque. Mild Ali gets a job as a waitress at the club. The "Beautiful" singer portrayed Ali, a small-town girl who heads to Los Angeles with big dreams and a dynamic voice to back up her determination to see her name in lights. We see lots of cleavage and bare midriffs during a montage of Ali and others practicing. The only part of this movie that makes sense. Nikki drives off while intoxicated. She also makes up with Nikki and rehires her at the club. When Sean tells Jack he should act on how he seemingly feels about Ali, Jack replies that it's ironic getting relationship advice from "Mister one-night stand himself." Sex is implied as we see them in bed after that, with her head and arm on his bare chest (his lower half is under the sheet) and she states, "It's official, you're definitely not gay.". Things take a dramatic turn though when Ali's big voice makes her become the main attraction of the revue. Ali wants to audition but finds herself working at the club as a waitress. Injustice robbed Ali of his prime athleticism. A person uses the term "boobs for brains." Ali breaks things off with Marcus after she sees his plans to build a skyscraper on the property the club is on. Im old but Im still pretty on top of everything.. About a newspaper story about the club and Ali, Nikki sarcastically says, "The only thing major is Coco's ass." Princess Peach (The Super Mario Bros. Movie), Donkey Kong (The Super Mario Bros. Movie), Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. It does not store any personal data. Tess hears Georgia vomiting in a toilet stall, and then realizes the dancer (who shows cleavage) is pregnant. During a musical number, Ali's top purposefully comes off, but she covers her chest with the usual burlesque style feather arrangement (although we see her bare back and a partial bare breast side view). How do you calculate working capital for a construction company? Ali performs a song that includes a line about "What did you do for those pearls?" One asks "Are you ready?" - no indeed.". We see Jack shirtless in bed, watching Ali putting on a stocking (with her leg propped up on the bed and her top or robe open in the front, but no breasts are seen). Coco shows a lot of leg and cleavage outside the club. during their various dance numbers. She manages to get hired as a waitress by Tess (Cher from Silkwood and Moonstruck), the owner of the club, an uncompromising woman who is also the star of the show. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. CAST, CREW, & TECHNICAL INFO Disrespectful/Bad Attitude She was born in Staten Island, New York City, on December 18, 1980. She doesnt have enough meat. Georgia does a solo dance number in her bra, panties and garters, and is then joined by other similarly dressed dancers, including a late Nikki who takes over for Georgia (and has large bits of material on the top of her bra where her nipples would be. Tess hears Georgia vomiting in a toilet stall, and then realizes the dancer (who shows cleavage) is pregnant. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. He wants her to sell to Marcus, but she refuses. Ali wants to audition but finds herself working at the club as a waitress. Nikki is apparently an alcoholic, who shows up late for work and has an attitude about that and most everything else. Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. TVTropes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Instead of leaving, Ali begins serving customers at the club as awaitress, while Tess and Sean observe with Jack asking Tess to give Ali a chance. Jack denies this, and while trying to fix things, he asks Ali to leave. She moves into Jack's place in a platonic fashion (although they eventually have sex) and finds herself lured in by Marcus' rich lifestyle. For those concerned with bright flashes of light on the screen, there's some of that from camera flashes, and then there are full strobe effects during a dance number later in the film. Amazed by the flamboyant costumes and the breathtaking choreography, Ali swears to herself that one day she too will be on the stage.