Also, Dyer is now a trustee of the charitySentebale, co-founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho in 2006. Tabloid readers were delighted by the idea that the younger child of Prince Charles wasn't the child of Prince Charles. ", His brother used to tease him, he writes: "After one speech, which couldn't be avoided or canceled, and during which I'd nearly fainted, Willy came up to me backstage. if(isYTTikTok == 1){ As the Prince married his lover, Meghan Markle, the media buzz got worse for the young couple in many ways. "I didn't need to see such things live." It developed and it was mutual.". Prince Harry would have no doubt been happy to hear about Mark's triumphant return home. "https:" : "http:") + '//www.tiktok.com/embed.js'; Had the roles been reversed, he'd never have wanted meindeed, allowed meto go it alone.". WATCH:Prince Harry says Princess Diana 'smashed the wall down' around HIV stigma. Already in the U.K. with Meghan for an event, Harry immediately got on a flightbut found out on the descent into Scotland that he was too late. Maybe now we can all move on and leave those rumors behind us. (An inquest began in October 2007 and the following spring the findings stated that Dianawasunlawfully killed due to the "gross negligence" of the driver of her car, Henri Paul, and the paparazzi who followed them into the tunnel. Natalie's post was inundated with well wishes from friends, with one calling him "gingersuperman" and others a "true gent". ", At the time, though, hegave his brother and sister-in-law a "heavily redacted" version of hisburgeoning romance, noting, "I just didn't want to give away too much.". PRINCE HARRY & MEGHAN MARKLE DINE WITH PRINCESS EUGENIE & JACK BROOKSBANK IN SANTA BARBARA AFTER ROYAL CLAIMS HE FEELS UNSAFE BRINGING KIDS TO THE U.K. "Former Army officer Dyer underwent 14 hours of surgery last week," the tweet continued of his fight against cancer, adding that Mark was finally "allowed home from hospital to celebrate his 55th birthday" and to visit with his family. Never mind that my mother didn't meet Major Hewitt until long after I was born, the story was simply too good to drop.". I know, I know. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. He said he'd leave me to it, then walked out.". Another former colonel, Richard Kemp,who commanded an operation in Afghanistan in 2003, also disagreed with Harry'scharacterization of treating enemy forces as "chess pieces" or otherwise less than human. 'The royal have done everything they can to make the world believe Prince Charles is Harry's dad - even though they look nothing alike.'. (Harry says his brother's actual best men were James Meade, an Eton palwho delivered the speech, andThomas van Straubenzee, whom the groom had known since their days at Ludgate Prep.). When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. William "seemed aggrieved," Harry writes. It is just one of many explosive subjects the Duke of Sussex writes about in his new memoir . Not long after, Harry was in Paris for the 2007 Rugby World Cup, and he askedhis driver to take him through thePont de l'Alma tunnel, the scene of the fatal car crash. Prince Harry is thought by many to bear a picture-perfect resemblance to Hewitt. Who shall separate us? '", Harry writes that Meghan informed him that "she wasn't going to raise children in an atmosphere of anger or disrespect. An actor with a gravelly voice whom Harry only refers to in the book as "Batman" from The Lego Batman Moviedidnotpartake of the candy, he notes. Just be together, Pa.". Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus whats lurking behind that genial smile? he remembers her asking. Ever since Baby Archie made his arrival in May 2019, royal fans have been dying to know who dad Prince Harry and mom Meghan Markle would choose as their little bundle of joy's godparents. Besides, I wasn't crying because I believed my mother was in that hole. '", "He'd laugh and laugh,"Harry continues,"though it was a remarkably unfunny joke, given the rumor circulating just then that my actual father was one of Mummy's former lovers: Major James Hewitt. Would love your thoughts, please comment. "On some level I recognized this learned detachment as problematic. During this period, Harry spent two months in Lesotho working with young people at the invitation of Prince Seeiso, a friend of Mr Dyer. While Charles was carrying on with Camilla behind Diana's back, Diana is believed to have sought affection elsewhere, engaging in affairs of her own. ", The Duke of Sussex wonders whether this rumour was used to paint him as a laughing stock, noting that it didnt seem to matter that his mother hadnt met Major Hewitt until long after I was born.. (Williamdidhave a4-week-old baby at home, Prince Louishaving been born April 23). Cheltenham College alumnus Dyer, affectionately known as 'Marko', joined Prince Harry on trips to Argentina and Australia. Can this really be true? Harry is also godfather to Mark's son Jasper and the 55-year-old was an usher at Harry and Meghan's wedding back in May 2019. The Royal Family didn't bother responding to the allegation. And grateful. As a result, the Duke of Sussex has always maintained a tight-knit circle of friends around him, including Dyer. I have never encouraged these comparisons and although I was with Diana for a long time I must state once and for all that I'm not Harry's father. Who could deny it?" He claims that this joke was made in poor taste on account of the rumours that were circulating regarding Diana and Hewitt. Allegedly Prince Harry is not his father's real son. 'Archie tried to fix it.' Back in 2020, before his move toAmerica, Mark treated Harry to a farewell do at his Brook House Pub in Fulham. Hewitt denies it all, saying, "There really is no possibility whatsoever that I am Harry's father. "I cleared my throat, looked away [and said], 'Yes. "They don't think it's likely he'll come back because it would undermine his position that it's too much of a threat," the source said at the time. the insider told The National Enquirer. But," whenhe collaborated on a tell-all book about their affair, Anna Pasternak'sPrincess in Love,"I was very let down.". A national tabloid in the US has published information about a paternity scandal within the Royal Family. He wasn't wrong." ", RELATED:How Meghan Markle Is Related To Prince Harry, Diana's former bodyguard Ken Wharfe also shoots down this rumor in his book "Diana: Closely Guarded Secret. Prince Harry Leaves Family Dumbfounded After Decision To Snub Ailing Queen, Keep Grandchildren Away From Royals, Spills Source, Prince Harry Was 'Afraid' To Reunite With Royals At Prince Philip's Funeral, Relied On Therapy Techniques To Calm Nerves, Prince Harry Is Unlikely To Attend Prince Philip's Memorial Service: It Will 'Undermine His Position That It's Too Much Of A Threat' As Security Appeal Case Begins, Source Claims. Even watchingDiana's coffin being buried on the grounds of the Spencer family's Althorp estate couldn't quite convince Harry that his mum was dead. To garner sympathy, presumably. "I remember feeling numb," Harry writes. Dyer's son Jasper is Prince Harry's godson and was chosen as a page boy for his wedding in 2018. The timing of Diana's affair with Hewitt, however, makes a blood connection between the two highly unlikely. the source tells. Still, Dyer and Prince Harry are very close. Describing his time serving in Afghanistan as an Apache helicopter pilot, Harry writes that he killed 25 Taliban fightersa revelationthat led toaTaliban spokesmanaccusing the royal of committing war crimesafter that anecdote was reported on. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. ", He thought recreating that moment might help him, he recalls, but instead, "it brought on the start of Pain, Part Deux. Prince Harry receives good news as 'second dad' Mark Dyer returns home following cancer surgery, The Duke of Sussex lives in California with his wife Meghan and their children Archie and Lilibet, Archie's page was recently updated with his title, King Charles was joined by some of the royals at a special service in Windsor, King Charles III's coronation takes place on 6 May, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reside in Montecito, The Duke lives in Montecito with his family. Or in that coffin. He was a royal equerry and served Prince Charles until the mid-1990s. He added,"It's worse for him probably, poor chap. "It would incite the press. Others have said Prince Harry's real father might be a Welsh Guards Officer named Mark Dyer. All products are independently selected, tested or recommended by our team of experts.If you buy something, we may earn an affiliate commission. We're not close enough for you to talk about my hormones! ", William and Harrystill lookedchummy in photos taken the next day. 'The royals desperately tried to keep this under wraps, but now that Harry's invited Mark, the secret's out!' The pair knew all along that there was no hope for a future together. Moreover, James Hewitt isn't Prince Harry's father. Is Prince Harry really the son of Prince Charles? "Leave the younger one out of it. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. "Diana did not meet James until the summer of 1986, and the red hair, gossips so love to cite as proof is, of course, a Spencer trait.". And so both brothers made the 20-minute walk, with their father, grandfather Prince Philip and their uncle. The pair met at a party in 1986, and Hewitt went on to help Diana overcome her fear of horse riding as her instructor. Harryalleges inSpare that, during a conversation sometime before their May 2018 wedding, Meghanjokedto Kate, who was pregnant with her third child and had forgotten some detail, that it was no big deal because shehad "baby brain. "Naturally," he adds, he would have preferred "not to have that number on my military CV, on my mindWhile in the heat and fog of combat, I didn't think of those twenty-five as people. Harry may self-deprecatingly joke about nights alone at Kensington Palace, folding his underwear and watching "The One With Monica and Chandler's Wedding," but he probably didn't hallucinate a trip to (or should we say at) Courteney Cox's L.A. house in 2016. He wasn't great at showing emotions under normal circumstances, how could he be expected to show them in such a crisis? But, Diana's former butler Paul Burrell recently provided explosive proof it's not Hewitt on I'm A CelebrityGet Me Out Of Here. 'The royal family's past is filled with secrets and lies, but this is the biggest cover-up we've seen!' the insider told The National Enquirer. They both have ginger-colored hair and a strong jawline, one that is distinctly unlike Charles' famously weak chin. ), When he told his brother that he planned to propose to Meghan, William warned Harry that the relationship was moving"too fast" and it was "too soon" to get engaged, Harry writes, remaking that William'stone never failed to make "American actress"sound like"convicted felon.". The royals have done everything they can to make the world believe Prince Charles is Harrys dad even though they look nothing alike. "As we drove off, I asked him to come have dinner with me. The National Enquirer had described Mark Dyer as a strapping 51-year-old redhead who is a startling mirror image of Harry, who had been invited to Harrys wedding on 19th May as a guest of honor. Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies. After 14 hours of Cancer surgery and 6 weeks in hospital (with strictly no visitors) our great mate Marko Dyer was allowed home yesterday in time to celebrate his birthday with his gorgeous wife Amanda, 2 kids and us today PURE JOY!! You're drenched. Harry writes that he chalked it all up to royal spin at work, that his father's office agreed to let the papers run with the drug reports to make scandal-tarred Charles look like a concerned parent:"No more the unfaithful husband, Pa would now be presented to the world as the harried single dad coping with a drug-addled child. var isYTTikTok = 1; READ:17 times the royals were spotted in unexpected places. 'Help yourself, boys.'". Check out Prince Harry and James Hewitt's side by side photos that convinced royal fans that the latter is the former's biological father. It has long been incorrectly speculated that Prince Harry's real father was cavalry officer James Hewitt, whom Diana had an affair with during her marriage to Prince Charles. They couldn't get enough of this 'joke,' for some reason. Harry and William said in April 2008 they were "hugely grateful" for the verdict.). Others speculate he may be the son of her former bodyguard, Ken Wharfe, or perhaps of a Welsh Guards Officer named Mark Dyer. When he got home, Harry was "horrifiedto discover that my nether regions were frostnipped as well, and while the ears and cheeks were already healing, the todger wasn't." Apparently Harry's parentage was the butt of an ongoing family jokeand no one was immune from the unfounded speculation that Diana's onetime loverJames Hewittwas Harry's real father. "It was a poor choice of costume and I apologize.". - Royal Insider. '", (For the record, Harry's full name isHenry Charles Albert Davidbut Willy's much-referenced nickname for his little brother was Harold, according to Spare. ". the rumour going around at the time that my real father was one of my mothers ex-lovers: Major James Hewitt, Prince Harry writes in the leaked book. While many assumed that it was a love match between the then-Prince and Princess of Wales, in fact, Diana was selected for the position both because of her noble birth and because she was 19 years old with no history of boyfriends or scandals behind her. I counted them, counted my heartbeats, and in a few seconds we emerged from the other side. Speaking of Mannakee's death, Diana stated, "I think he was bumped off We'll never know. "Maybe the wine went to my head," he writes. ", However, Harryset the record straight by noting in his memoir,"Never mind that my mother didn't meet Major Hewitt until long after I was born, the story was simply too good to drop. Who knows if I'm even your real father? . Though wed take this with a grain of salt, its no secret that the red-headed prince is especially close to his redheaded mentor. ", Harry also couldn't help but think, "Nothing like getting married in the same place where you did your mum's funeral. In what many feel was merely an attempt to sell magazines leading up to the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the National Enquirer published an article alleging Harry's real father is a Welsh Guards Officer named Mark Dyer. Maybe your real father is in Broadmoor, darling boy! So in later years, people have wondered if Hewitt was actually Harry's biological father. "Pa liked telling stories, and this was one of the best in his repertoire," Harry wrotein the book, per NBC News. ", RELATED:Man Claiming To Be King Charles & Camilla's Secret Love Child Reveals Possible DNA Breakthrough. The National Enquirer had described Mark Dyer as 'a strapping 51-year-old redhead ' who is a 'startling mirror image of . For a long time it had been speculated that Prince Harrys real father was actually James Hewitt, a Calvary officer whom Diana once had an affair with during her marriage to Prince Charles. Being so obtuse, so emotionally unavailable, wasn't a choice I made. Prince Harry is acutely aware of the rumors about his "real father." For decades, there's been speculation that Princess Diana 's former lover James Hewitt is the 38-year-old's true father . We recognized that he was finally going to be with the woman he loved, the woman he'd always loved, the woman Fate might've intended for him in the first place. ", "Yes, Kate, I know," Meghan wrote back, according to Harry. I wished I'd apologized for it. Photo:Cecil Beaton, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons. We'd never again ride together across the Lesotho countryside with capes blowing behind us. Prince Harry describes the moment his father told him that Princess Dianahad been in afatal car crash, writing that King Charles III, then the Prince of Wales, had a difficult time finding the right words. . Prince Harry has always been wary about being in the public eye. "He always called me 'darling boy,' but he was saying it quite a lot now. Diana's family, the Spencers, has its fair share of redheads, including her brother, Charles Spencer, and sister, Sarah Spencer (now Lady Sarah McCorquodale). It just fizzled out.". RELATED:We Can Still Feel Empathy For Rich, Privileged People Like Prince Harry & Meghan Markle. I can absolutely assure you that I am not. Getty. Prince Harry has finally addressed longstanding rumours that Major James Hewitt is his real father. he recalls thinking), but a doctor told him thathe'd heal with time. Luckily, it is just another untrue and silly rumor about members of the royal family. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Will Prince Harry and Meghan attend King Charles' coronation? Darling boy, how could you be so foolish? jsTikTok.type = 'text/javascript'; It turned out they were both eager to have the inquiry into their mum's death reopened, Harry writes, but palace officials persuaded them to drop it. The National Enquirer was first to report on the story and it seems it was the tabloid that made this false claim. So very fast. "As the car entered the tunnel I leaned forward, watched the light change to a kind of watery orange, watched the concrete pillars flicker past. When he and William were still in school, they'd sneak into a local pub for a few pints with friends, then invite the lot back to their dad's house, Highgrove, andhang out in the basement they dubbed Club H. They were "often tipsy, and sometimes smashed," Harry notes, "and yet there wasn't a single time that anyone used or brought drugs down there." But I didn't argue. Harry dips back into that exchange, writing that Kate had texted Meghan to tell her that Princess Charlottehad cried when she tried on herbridesmaid dress and it was baggy and too long. "He seemed put upon that I wasn't meekly obeying him, that I was being so impertinent as to deny him, or defy him, to refute his knowledge, which came from his trusted aides. ", Noting that Kate looked "incredible" coming down the aisle, he continues, "I recall Willy walking her back up the aisle, and as they disappeared through the door, into the carriage that would convey them to Buckingham Palace, into the eternal partnership they'd pledged, I recall thinking: Goodbye. They said he was "delusional" for thinking he could take on the British press, he writes. (Well, at first a disbelieving William told him to "f--k off" with such a lie, Harry recalls. Kensington Palace declined to comment when asked about this recollection. They never got tired of that joke, for some reason. For other inquiries, Contact Us. Dyer's son Jasper is Prince Harry's godson and was chosen as a page boy for his wedding in 2018. "Mummy was quite badly injured and taken to a hospital, darling boy," Harry recalls his dad saying. '", "'You mean that you attacked me?'" Dyer, 53, is now a trustee of the . Read on for morebombshellsfrom Prince Harry's book, out Jan. 10. Harry recalls saying, to which William allegedly replied, "I didn't attack you, Harold.'". Referencing his go-to term for the anger he felt, he added, "Under the influence of these substances I was able to let go of rigid preconcepts, to see that there was another world beyond my heavily filtered senses, a world that was equally real and doubly beautifula world with no red mist, no reason for red mist. Whilst Princess Beatrice's husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, Ben Shephard and Janette Manrara all liked the post. Will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend King Charles' coronation? ", Retired British Army Colonel Tim Collinstook offense,telling Forces Newsin response to what Harry relayed inSpare, "That's not how you behave in the Army; it's not how we think. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Mark Dyer arrives at The Ivy, where Prince Harry's charity event was held, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Meghan wrote back, per Spare, "Right, and I told you the tailor has been standing by since 8am. Who knows if I'm even your real father? Diana is said to have quickly found out that Charles was really in love with Camilla Parker Bowles, now his wife and queen consort, and had been for many years. At first I was suspicious. ", And Meghan wouldn't stand for it. Did OJ Simpson's Son Jason Kill Nicole Brown & Ron Goldman? But really, according to Meghan, it was Kate who made hercry (but later apologized and sent herflowers, Meghan told Oprah Winfreyin 2021)? But I wasn't.