Booth got to be a hero, Brennan got to help him fight, everyone who mattered saw the truth at once, and she got to slug him publicly.Bs emotions Brennan is afraid of love. In other words, Zack believes he killed the lobbyist; but, from a legal standpoint, he is considered only an accessory or co-conspirator. Also, Brennans father and Zack.. Episodes towards the end of the first season of Bones reveal that Zack's colleagues, especially Dr. Goodman, feel he has become too comfortable as Dr. Brennan's assistant. He once made a comment to Booth that if he (Booth) had the same understanding of structural engineering, he would be afraid to drive as well. Later on in the fourth season, it is revealed that Zack is, in fact, not the original killer, but an "accessory" to the killing. The episode ends with Zack at the institution and Sweets keeping Zack's secret, despite his visible worries about Zack. The fact that he could be a killer makes them mad. Zack appears to have an on-again, off-again relationship with "Naomi in Paleontology", despite hints in the first season that she was dissatisfied with his sexual prowess. Although Zack was proven innocent of The Puppeteer's crimes, how Aubrey feels about Zack is possibly unchanged due to his awkward behavior. TVGuide.com: Right. Pictures of Zack were seen during Hodgins' dialogue. A stocker makes sure there are enough stocks of commodities. Brennan is then later able to use that fact to prove that protecting Hodgins went above his own beliefs to get him to turn on the Gormogon. According to his character bio on the DVD for Season 1, Zack graduated from college at the age of 16. It's later revealed he was working as the apprentice of The Gormogon and the explosion was designed as a distraction so the Gormogon could break into the lab and steal a skeleton. In The Hope in the Horror, it was revealed that Zack was consulting with Hodgins' physical therapist as a world-renowned neurosurgeon named Dr. Alexander Bancroft. After his encounter with the Puppeteer, Zack realized that he never would've been able to commit murder for the Gormogon if he had been ordered as he previously believed. Occupation Information It doesn't make it clear. Instead, the Gormogon's previous apprentice committed the murder before being killed by Gormogon himself for failing him. Doesnt this mean that Zach is the new Master? Plus, once Gormogon started going after his best friends . Wendell first met Zack after he escaped from the sanitarium to solve the murder of Jared Addison. He could make a bigger one. Brennan shoots Booths stalker in the neck, and no one says anything to her?? The Pain in the Heart is the fifteenth and final episode of the third season of Bones. I couldnt agree more! Zack was revealed to be attempting to inject himself with a truth serum to convince Brennan that he never killed anyone, but was arrested by Booth. Slowly shes coming to accept love but shes not there yet.Howd she get in? Hodgins provides the new evidence proving that the Apprentice is the lobbyist's killer, but Caroline Julian argues against releasing Zack for the sake of the victim's family, enraging Hodgins. It's revealed he could have escaped at any time, but didn't feel it was necessary to do so until that particular moment. Status Zack could do it on the basis of any irrefutable argument. Not stocker as in stock broker, a person who sells stocks. . Right before he was about to complete his doctorate, Zack asks Dr. Saroyan if he could have a job working at the Jeffersonian, but she replies that she could not put him in front of a court to testify because people would not take him seriously. The approval letter states that the judge approved the appeal to consider new osteological evidence. Thanks.Im an English teacher, so Im always prepared to give quick grammar tips, but I dont. They lost a member to a murderer just not in a physical sense. If my voice sounds light right now, it's because the decision was not made lightly. Two hours after her kidnapping, Brennan wakes to find her former protg watching her. (Note: I cried like crazy on re-watching this scene. We had a great relationship, said the actress. Theyre not stockers.Im the anon. He initially seems inclined to go, but after talking about the reality of war with Booth, he seems less sure, asking Booth for advice because he "knows more about duty and honor than anyone else" he knows. What season of Bones does Zack become a killer? November 27, 2007 Gender I dont think that someone with his intelligence would commit a crime that he knew would get solved, especially when they work where he works. I didnt even think to consider him as the apprentice. But we've got to do what we've got to do. Zack reassured Sweets that the apprentice who murdered Ray Porter was killed by The Master so he could recruit Zack because "there could only ever be two." She just puts it aside in her mind and forgets about it, and so we dont get back to a lot of things either. Yes, I know he didnt really die, but he was dead to her for 2 weeks I think they missed a great opportunity there. Sadly, it was a sacrifice of Eric Mulligan in the process. . Im sure the next thing theyll do is break up Angela and Hodgins, thereby shattering whats left of the camaraderie of the Jeffersonian team. Right before he was about to complete his doctorate, Zack asks Dr. Saroyan if he could have a job working at the Jeffersonian. Incarcerated (presumably released months after The End in the End). Hodgins gave Zack a small copy of the Kama Sutra to get him to stop asking Booth questions about sexual intercourse. It is revealed in the first episode of Season 3 Zack had just returned from a three-month stint in Iraq. I bet they didnt make him the apprentice because of how less shocking it would have been if it was him instead of Zack. Taking note of the passionate reaction to the season-finale bombshell that Zack — Zack! Dr. Jack Hodgins (TJ Thyne): The bad news for those Hodgins fans who had hoped to see him regain his ability to walk: He ended the series in his wheelchair. Zack will no longer be a regular character on the show, but series creator Hart Hanson said that he may become a recurring character to provide consults to the team with "certain talents we can use in a 'Hannibal Lecter' kind of way." The Widows Son Killer Gorgonzola, Goobagon, etc. Also in the first season, he reveals to Dr. Brennan he uses his vacation time to visit his family. Purpose. As the Gormogon's apprentice, Zack worships him and calls the Gormogon "the Master." After having fallen under the Gormogon's sway, Zack was willing to betray his friends to aid the Gormogon and believed himself capable of committing murder on the Gormogon's orders. Heart-breaking is, indeed, the only way to categorize Vincent Nigel-Murray's death on Bones. And, of course, Addys descent into hell. In The Day in the Life, Zack represents himself at his appeal, having studied courtroom procedure for many years. The episode closes with Zack in McKinley Psychiatric Hospital and Sweets keeping Zack's secret, albeit reluctantly. Don't you think? When he returned to the asylum after helping the team solve the murder of Jared Addison, Zack tells Sweets that, while he had helped Gormogon find the lobbyist, he himself had not actually stabbed him. Gormogon's Apprentice In The Brain in the Bot, Booth revealed that he got an appeal date set for Zack in a couple of months. I am not exactly *cough* a people person and the kids at my school always seem like idiots to me because I dont get the point of standing around for 30 minutes and kicking a ball around and so I end up isolating myself because I worry about insulting them. All very valid. Zack was not there for that but it was a hint if a connection. The answer is that Zack was ret-conned as the apprentice because of the writer's strike and they needed a really short way to produce something dramatic to draw people back to the next season. Hodgins and Angela had each other. Heartbreak hits the Squint Squad as they deal with the aftermath of the shooting and finally Gormogon and his Apprentice are revealed. With Angela's help, Hodgins is able to find the body of the Apprentice and the needed proof to exonerate Zack after working with Doctor Gordon Wyatt. Which, leads me to believe that neither he or anyone else really bothered to try to socialize (probably because it was out of his comfort zone). At the end of episode, when Ray Porter returned to his home, he is assaulted by an unknown assailant who was hiding in his closet with a dagger in his hand and was murdered after being stabbed in the heart. At the end of Season 3, it is revealed that Zack is the secret apprentice of the Gormogon, a cannibalistic serial killer, the latest in a long line of cannibalistic serial killers of a centuries . I would have preferred one more episode between WitW and PitH, to show how she deals (or doesnt) with that. I truly believe that he has Aspergers Syndrome because he displays every single symptom that is ascribed to it (click on the link in my display name to see the symptoms and information about it). The Pain in the Heart Zack's last appearance to date was in The Parts in the Sum of the Whole, which was a flashback to the first case Booth and Brennan worked together. He reminds Sweets, as Zack's therapist, he must not reveal his secret because, if Sweets were to do so without his permission, he would be violating doctor-patient confidentiality. Zack Addy was revealed as the current apprentice of Gormogon, it was established that he was Porter's killer. The Apprentice Oh, yes! As one reader noted, "what good TV does" is get people talking.And we certainly did that. oooh! I know that he did something that we consider wrong; killing an innocent man is not something people let go of easily. Gormogon After helping his former coworkers solve the case, Zack willingly returns to the institution with Sweets and Booth. When Zack and Brennan were talking about the secret society, it sounded to me like he was brainwashed. Instead of seeing Zack as "cute, cluess guy," from the beginning I was seeing him as "high-functioning sociopath." The character worked pretty well both ways. At the end of the epsiode, Hodgins appears to be stunned by the fact that Zack, unlike everyone else, actually listened to all of his conspiracy theories, which had an impact on him. As the Gormogon's apprentice, Zack worships him and calls the Gormogon "the Master." After having fallen under the Gormogon's sway, Zack was willing to betray his friends to aid the Gormogon and believed himself capable of committing murder on the Gormogon's orders. Related: " TVGuide.com: Right. After Booth relinquishes Zack to Sweets' hands, Zack admits to not killing Ray Porter and that the previous apprentice had killed the lobbyist instead. Finally, not only were the characters not themselves, but the plot devices were cheap as hell. Booth and Brennan go off to solve a crime in London. Some might rationally try to argue he is in some ways more highly evolved, beyond what society can handle. Brennan is rationally capable of taking a life? Brennan also realizes that Caroline was merely doing her job but did so in a way as to ensure Zack's exoneration. If he truly thought it was logical (which I'm sure he couldn't, as it isn't), he would have told Brennan. Being correct in his science was all Zack needed. Next He's therefore not completing any of his Doctorates to avoid having to grow into a new position. Karen Delfs believed that the trauma to Zack's head caused him to have Dissociative Identity Disorder and wanted him to review the case file hoping that it will lure out the alternate identity. How do any of us watch future episodes without a sense of betrayal? When Brennan and Hodgins were buried alive by the Gravedigger, it was an hour so tense it needed a countdown clock, and its widely accepted as the series best. The "I'm sorry" on top of the big fat tear was gilding the lily. Air date Im not saying that he doesnt need to be punished or whatever because the law is the law. I dont want Zack to change (well, the Gormogon belief stuff can change). Then Zack most definitely is. That's right. He called Zack a "psycho" since he helped Gormogon during his crime spree, but Angela tells him that they all still love him despite the betrayal. [2] In the third season, they accompany each other to the annual Jeffersonian Institute Halloween party, agreeing to dress as the front and back half of a cow ("Mummy in the Maze"). I like what your saying about Brennan and Hodgins relationship with Zack. King of the Lab." Despite their brief history, Wendell could very well call Zack a friend. Ruining a great character for shock valuebad move on FOXs part. Zack confessed to the murder of Ray Porter and was sent to McKinley Psychiatric Hospital instead of a prison. The Apprentice, the Gormogon's apprentice before Zack. And it seemed like we might find out when Brennan was paranoid Karen was the killer, but that fell through. Dis David I loooov im! And we certainly did everything we could to throw suspicion on everyone we could. Is Zack Addy a serial killer? Zack later escapes the institution by swapping the magnetic strips from Sweets' key card to Zack's library card. Production code That killer waiting in the closet did NOT look like Zack, completely wrong face. Booth sacrifices Bones for her fathers trial again, not mentioned. What, the past few years establishing Zachs personality was all a chimera? He has appeared since then in "The perfect pieces in the purple pond." And "The parts in the sum of the whole." He came back in the season eleven finale. well above 163 with an eidetic memory. Goodman wanted Zack to "grow up" and help him receive his doctorate. He was declared dead by Zack Addy in The Perfect Pieces in the Purple Pond and his body found by Doctor Jack Hodgins with help from Doctor Gordon Wyatt and Angela Montenegro in The Steal in the Wheels in Season 12. Not that theres anything left of it with Zach gone anyway. List of Appearances His supreme governing nature: The Rational. I think that the writers were going to make Sweets the apprentice then decided agianst it because of his rapid growing popularity. Both wonderful examples of likeable killers. Nobody ever thinks badly about soldiers who commit murders in war because they consider it justified on behalf of their patriotism to their country. Despite telling Hodgins she won't accept the evidence, Cam goes over it after he furiously leaves. He initially seems inclined to go, but after talking about the reality of war with Booth, he seems less sure, asking Booth for advice because he "knows more about duty and honor than anyone else" he knows. In the Season 12 premiere, at the end it was revealed to be Zacks doctor, Mihir Roshan, who framed Zack and made him believe he was actually the killer. Zacks entire personality, as most people view the concept, was defined by imitating others. Zack needed to be guided or he wouldnt know what to do with himself, this episode proved that anyone could have convinced Zack that they could be his guide and thats exactly what happened. Caroline Julian argues that Hodgins could've planted the evidence due to its unusually compelling nature after so many years have passed since the case was presented, but Hodgins testifies that while examining the Apprentice's body, he established a protocol so that no one would examine the remains or any case-related evidence alone in the lab to prevent someone from doing such a thing and to ensure that no such allegations could be brought against anyone in court. In other words, Zack believes he killed the lobbyist, but from a legal standpoint, he's considered only an accessory or co-conspirator to murder. For all his intellect and all his logic he never could grasp the one most important aspect of the human condition: Booth: Brain and Heart, Bones. TVGuide.com: Eric told us that an "I'm sorry" from Zack was left on the editing room floor. So unlike Hannibal Lecter, Addy turned out to be completely innocent of the murder, having only helped find the lobbyist, who was actually killed by The Gormogons former apprentice. 3AKY14 Everyone above is of course correct that wrapups of the kiss, and more discussion of Bones emotions of loss and love is necessary. After getting Zack's partial exoneration, the two share a hug with Brennan sad that they couldn't get him released completely. TVGuide.com: Did you consider making anyone else the Gormogon's apprentice? Aliens in a Spaceship (Season 2, Episode 9). Why is Hodgins from Bones in a wheelchair? The completely rational human being is dangerous, Zack AND Brennan have learned that this episode. Though Brennan has no new evidence yet, Booth expresses faith that she will find it by the time the appeal comes around. The Evolution of Zack Addy How he became a killer. I totally agree that they never wrap up episodes very well. In The Flaw in the Saw, Hodgins finds evidence that can exonerate Zack, but Cam refuses to accept it and accuses Hodgins of planting evidence to free Zack. Goodman and Hodgins conspire to make Zack less comfortable in his position to motivate him to complete his studies and assume a role above that of an assistant. Zack Addy - Technically not a Gormogon, he was "The Master's" apprentice for a few months. Zack needed a strong guide and his main ones Hodgins and Brennan now had other concerns. I do me. Thats helpful. I think it started with GormangastI mean this was the second time they used cannibalism. Who turns out to be Gormogon in Bones? After the logic that led to him following the Gormogon was refuted, Zack turned on him completely and helped Booth bring "the Master" down. Im glad they tried to wrap everything up in this episode, but there was a LOT to wrap up it did seem far too fast. Just because Zach is very much plausible to be Gormogon, do they really have to go in that direction? Murdered by the Gormogon to make way for Zack to take his place as "there can only ever be two." His body was eventually located in "The Steal in the Wheels" and used to exonerate Zack for the murder of Mr. Porter. Zack hung on to the letter that Brennan sent him when she chose to hire him as her assistant. Very little is known about his childhood. You grumbled, I did something about it. [Source] Sweets, despite his worries about Zack, agreed to keep his secret to avoid violating their doctor-patient confidentiality. I believe the writers have been dangling the carrot of the BB love connection forever now because they know it keeps viewers attached. Based on the new evidence, the judge overturns Zack's murder conviction and life sentence in the murder of Ray Porter. Not to mention all the crying Ill be doing when I buy Season 3! Sweets became Zack's psychologist after he was institutionalized. On the Apprentice's right cuff, Cam noted dried blood, presumably Ray Porter's and thus the evidence needed to prove the Apprentice killed him and exonerate Zack was brought into the light. He even went so far as to "killing" the lobbyist and dividing his bones among the Jeffersonian's storage units. Your email address will not be published. So why did Zack become Gormogon's apprentice? But what bother me is that Zack let her. At the end of the episode, the prosecutor Caroline Julian says that while Zack has confessed to killing the lobbyist, she is willing to work out a deal to have him declared non-compos mentis, a decision which will commit him to an asylum rather than prison. But, first is Brennans non-reaction to Booths alleged death. After getting the location of the Acacia Trees, Hodgins led a team to search them for the Apprentice's body. Applied engineering. Sweets was ultimately killed in the season 10 premiere; Bones executive producer Stephen Nathan said Sweets was killed because Daley wanted time off to direct a movie, and he was concerned that Daleys absence would be too long, especially if the directing job led to other jobs. After Zack confesses to his innocence, Booth immediately gives Zack his support in getting exonerated and works as hard as the Jeffersonian team to help Zack in his own way, even moving up the court date for Zack's appeal and providing Dr. Wyatt his session notes with Sweets. Why did Zack kidnap Brennan? Judging from his unsupportive family and his confession of not being socially accepted in high school, Id say that the care that he gets is something relatively new to him. Zack also seems to be the only one who readily competes with Hodgins to be "King of the lab", a title claimed by the one who makes a pivotal discovery or conclusion detrimental to a murder investigation. Aliases Zack has no problem making inappropriate comments about others' personal lives and asked Agent Booth for advice on sex and women, requests which Booth characteristically ignored. They're responding, which is what you want. We could have easily had a finale that stretched out the first part of this one dealt with the faked death, gave more grieving time to Brennan, told us about that bad guy, had all the great Booth/Brennan moments and then at the very end told us Gormogon was back. It was a creative decision to shake things up and make a good season finale. Millegan said that after clarifying that Addy was not a cannibal, he had mixed feelings about the revelation. Zack then goes to ask Angela for fashion advice, and she gives him a complete makeover that includes a new haircut and suit. Zack's entire personality, as most people view the concept, was defined by imitating others. Its not at all logical that Zack, who has been dedicated to saving peoples lives as a member of the team would suddenly turn his back on the only people he has connected tooand he does have a large loving family. But coming back from the strike, we only had two episodes to set things up, and this presented the maximum bang for our buck - "Let's shock everyone" - and that seems to have worked to an extent. After solving the case, Zack realizes it's time to go back to the institution where Sweets was waiting. Though the Acacia Tree symbolized the immortality of the human soul, it was also poisonous and inedible, the perfect place to dispose of an outcast apprentice. Or even just peeked in?Some good writing could have dealt with all these. Based on the new evidence, Zack is exonerated for the murder of Ray Porter and his life sentence overturned. Not sure how the chain of custody works when you ship body parts to the looney bin though! In "The Pain in the Heart", Zack's care for his friends is shown: even when working for the Gormogon, he protects Hodgins when he knew he'd seriously injure himself in the process. Accompanied by Camille Saroyan, Hodgins opened the coffin to find the Apprentice's skeleton with his clothes perfectly preserved. His hobbies and loves all had rational backing. They're responding, which is what you want. The timeline I seem to have is that at any point Gormogon has an apprentice so in my mind the Zack timeline is: Gormogon and Pre Zack apprentice kill: Gavin Nichols, Father Douglas Cooper, Mr Porter the lobbyist. Date of Death Zack then goes to ask Angela for fashion advice and she completely redoes his look including a new haircut and suit. Most of the people around Zack had someone, in the end. It has been speculated that due to his close friendship with Hodgins, he would be re-hired at the Jeffersonian after his release, reuniting them once again. By ignoring it or not understanding it Zack is even more at its mercy. In the season finale, it's revealed that Zack is believed to be the latest serial killer that had been living with his victims as living puppets. This was a very interesting read. James Immekus (Uncredited) In an attempt to overturn Zack's sentence, Booth summons Dr. Gordon Wyatt to observe Sweets's notes on his meetings with Zack when the Gormogon case hits a dead end. Hodgins has been explaining this to me for years.Brennan: Assumption number 2: The human experience is adversely affected by secret societies.Zack: Accepted.Brennan: Assumption number 3: Attacking and killing members of secret societies will have an ameliorating (improving) affect on the human experience.Zack: Accepted.Brennan: All of your assumptions are built on a first principle, Zack. I highly doubt that. Haha, anon you make many great points. Brennan has been kidnapped by her old assistant Zack, so Booth and the rest of the team have to find her. They have a visibly strong bond that lasts throughout the entire show, even onto the last few episodes. Anger is safe. After Zack came back, Clark had left. Booth is shown to live in a detached house, but he's later proved to live in an apartment. That's very good, yes. Plus, with having multiple episodes, we might have been able to see some signs of change in Zack (though, I doubt it since he hasnt acted out of his norm the whole time) that would make him being the apprentice a little more convincing. Even though we're half a comedy, you don't want an audience settling in and getting blas. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. helping them with the search for Gormogon. Brennan is very much like Zack, but with her strong emotional attachment to Booth and reverence for life her rational brain is tempered by a vibrant heart. But before you go off in a rage at Hanson's blunt assessment of arguably one of the series' most . Any rational scientist of Zacks intellect would test their theory or new information (ie that coming from the cannibal) with other respected scientists,such as Brennan or Hodgins. Don't you think? How could he ever have interacted with such a person, much less made him dentures out of Jeffersonian teeth? An unnamed SWAT officer, potentially. Bones series finale left the shows core characters in a good place: Brennan (Emily Deschanel) recovered from the brain trauma she sustained in the Jeffersonian bombing, Booth (David Boreanaz) took down the bomber, Cam (Tamara Taylor) and Arastoo (Pej Vahdat) are adopting three boys, and Hodgins (TJ Thyne) and Angela .