As they say, Fortune Favors the Brave, Ernie Jr. not just made a living out of it but also garnered huge fame. He proudly tells his fans that the limb broke in two when it hit him, so he feels like he got a little revenge. " (The limb) was about as big as my leg," Brown said in the video. The Facebook page of Call of the Wildman has posted a message saying that the artist was engaged with a genuine mishap. There was also the episode in which Turtleman cleared bats from a beauty shop that resulted in the death of one bat, and possibly violated local laws that prevent "bringing a bat to a new location for entertainment purposes alone," which show producers admitted they did to stage the scene. Just keep praying for me please.". He went full-time catching turtle job around 2005. Elizabeth and Robbie got engaged on July 2019. and tried to get it off me, and rolled on the bank with it and finally slung it off me, and my pants were crotched out, and everybody on the bank just bust out laughing." Samantha Nicole Wohlford was born in 1989, the oldest of three children. "I broke that limb in two, I'll tell you that right now. He caught even bigger 125 pounds at the age of 17 which is his biggest haul until now. They regularly do meet-and-greets and she posts about them on her page. He used to capture snapping turtles from ponds near his house. An announcement from the official Facebook page on his TV read: PRAYER FOR STARTERS NOW! As confirmed by the Call of the Wildman account on Facebook, the monster catcher has been in a bad accident. On March 15 a message from his official page read: PRAY FOR THE TURTLEMAN NOW! Sep 14, 2018 Ernie Brown Jr. aka "The Turtleman" owes his nickname to the fact that he is able to catch snapping turtles bare-handed. "It fell about 50 feet, I was cutting a tree, the tree fell perfect. Im very happy hes got Turtle Gal now. No, Dove Cameron and Ryan McCartan are not married. Additionally, the caption says that he suffered an accident, and there are no mentions of a heart attack. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2021 by G24 Ltd. All rights reserved. Ernie Jr. spent much of his childhood exploring the woods and learning the ways of animals in his hometown. In fact, the only domesticated animal he keeps around is his dog, Lolly, who was featured prominently on the show. In 2013, the year before the show stopped shooting new episodes, Turtleman was hit with a violation of his NWCO license after an episode in which he wrangled a deer out of a store in exchange for "an authentic suit of armor." A horrific accident left The Turtleman (aka Ernie Brown, Jr.) with a broken bone and a sore chest. Several rumors on social media say that Turtleman died of a heart attack. READ ALSO: Alexia Putellas Husband: Is Alexia Putellas Married? I'm catching animals, that's the way it is," he said. And sure, the natural inclination here is to think, "His family was diving into ponds for dinner, there's no way they ever went to the dentist," but it seems nature didn't even have a chance to rot out those chompers, because a series of gruesome accidents did it first. The official media outlet has revealed details about his accident but there is no mention of his death. Ernie Brown Jr. gained prominence on the web in the wake of posting recordings of himself gathering turtles with his exposed hands-on YouTube. Offers may be subject to change without notice. James died in 2019 after suffering from cardiac issues at his home. It was the most popular show on the channel in the fourth quarter of 2011. Turtleman's comin' back 2017. In the episode promo, we see Lucy working again with the NCIS team. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Ernie aka Turtleman amassed a wealth of $1million. Viewers took to social media to express concern over Ernie Brown Jr .'s accident What happened to Ernie 'Turtleman' Brown Jr? His adventures are not quite as wild as they used to be, likethis video where a monkey pets his arm for a while, or this one where he gets a haircut. We have a snapping turtle in our little window well and my dad has been talking about how he is gonna get him out for like 30 minutes. One thing that was definitely real, however, was that for a time, Ernie "Turtleman" Brown Jr. was a licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Officer (NWCO) in the state of Kentucky. Punam Karki The show followed a mostly toothless, Bowie knife-toting Turtleman around his home state of Kentucky as he responded to calls from people needing help with removing unwanted and potentially deadly pests. Very bad." His best buddy Banjoman Neal James would join him from time to time. Unfortunately, Banjo Man passed away in February of 2019 at the age of 55. Turtleman's real name is Ernie Brown Jr. Best known for his Animal Planet show, Call of the Wildman, Turtleman used to appear in the Network often until 2014. Ernie Brown Jr. describes himself as the poorest famous guy around who has a net worth of $200 thousand. Ernie was an avid gamer and able to perform his own computer repairs. I really like seeing the craft distillery thing done right. She might be looking for a partner in the TV show that she is appearing on. God love u and your team, u are all incredible. Star Wars Celebration merch: Where can I buy? "And I said, "Ohhhh noooo!" Also, the couple is blessed with two wonderful daughters. I know what it's like." He had been battling cardiac issues, according to the Washington County Coroners Office in his home state of Kentucky, per USA Today. Further details about the accident are hard to come by at present. And all of a sudden, bam! He caught a 50-pound turtle when he was 12 and since it was too big for Louisville Zoo and rejected an offer to keep it. chewing away the supports of a collapsing mine. Then there was the supposed rescue of three baby raccoons, which Turtleman stumbled upon after capturing the "mother" in a Kentucky family's laundry room. Speculation and rumors about the Turtleman's passing seem to have emerged a few times over the years on social media, but any reports of his death are not true. Required fields are marked *. One such incident was the sedation of a zebra that Turtleman "caught" which show producers admitted they procured from a local drive-thru animal safari. With his claim that he's now been catching turtles this way for "nearly 40 years,"that would put his date of birth somewhere around 1970, which is not exactly a historical time period associated with people scavenging for food in this way. ', one limb went and hit me across the neck and shoulders," he said from his hospital bed, adding the tree limb was as big as his leg. But no confirmation has been received until now. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Ernie Jr believes this action gives him the power to catch another one. The reality show also starred the late Neal James, who was a regular and a fan favorite. Fans of the Turtleman and his show took to the comments to wish him a speedy recovery. Sounds like he's got a significant vermin issue as well as what appears to be a wild snake who has a back door key. AMother Jonesreport in 2014 revealed that the show trapped and caged wild animals to be used in scripted and staged sequences, including a zebra having been sedated before being captured by Ernie. "I got hit by a tree limb about as big as my leg. Love and Hip-hop star Castaneda surprised everyone when she tied the knot to a mystery man last year in June. The post urged the followers to pray for his wellbeing and his speedy recovery. Turtleman is married to his longtime partner, Suzanne Brown. Okay, yep. He explained that he broke his arm and has been experiencing chest pains since the dangerous slip-up. He is the son of Ernie Lee Brown Sr. and Lola Jane Brown. It beat the car wreck and my chainsaw cut.". The show, Call of the Wildman was one of the most popular shows on the Network at the time. "GOD HELP THIS WONDERFULLY PERSON !!!! According to him, he was felling a tree when the incident occurred. The thirty-two years old actress has a degree in law from the Univers Alyssa Snider is currently single and does not have a boyfriend as of now. Of two daughters their eldest Courtney suffered from Juvenile diabetes (Type 1) since the age of six. Based on the Slough House novel series by British novelist Mick Herron, the TV series stars Gary Oldman, Jack Lowden, and Kri Pico Alexander and his girlfriend Eleanor Lambert have been together since 2017. But, there is no mention of his death yet. A few clients accept it might have been brought about by an auto crash. Brown Jr. said he's currently on pain medication and is expected. As of late, there has been news coursing via social media about his grave condition following an auto collision that happened. Watching every episode on Turtlemans Hunt for Bigfoot. In an interview with Channel Guide Magazine,Turtleman insisted he's the real deal. He needed 189 stitches and lost a few teeth. But, he did reveal on Facebook that he was involved in a "very bad accident". ", "I didn't know what to expect; I didn't know what was going on," she said. Brown Jr. starred on Animal Planet's Call of the Wildman for four seasons, which aired on the network from 2011 to 2014. After Turtleman "rescued" the raccoon cubs, Bailey was only able to save two of them at her center after show producers brought them to her in what she described as an "emaciated" and "almost dead" state. After the deer incident and the damning Mother Jones investigation which also uncovered inconsistencies in Turtleman's NWCO paperwork, several agencies, including the USDA, The Humane Society of the United States, and PETA either launched investigations or outright called for the cancellation of the show. Dove is an American singer and actress born on January 15, 1996, on Bainbridge Island, Washington. Turns out the momma raccoon was a male, and the babies had been trapped days earlier in preparation for the episode, according to raccoon expert Karen Bailey, who runs the Kentucky Wildlife Center. In a Facebook Live video posted to his official page, Brown Jr., 56, spoke to fans from his hospital bed in an "undisclosed location," recalling the terrifying incident that resulted in a. After a seven-month investigation into "Call of the Wildman," Mother Jones revealed not only the shady staging of the "rescues" on the show, but also some serious allegations of abuse and neglect of some of the animals featured. The channel aired the reality television series from October 2011 to September 2014. In a Facebook Live video released from the hospital, Turtleman addressed his fans and explained what happened. To summarize, Ernie Brown Jr is an unfortunate guy when it comes to the accident and injuries but he maintains what he can control to keep himself healthy. The reality show followed him as he caught wild animals in parts of central Kentucky and ran for four seasons between 2011 and 2014. A new wave of rumors claiming the Turtleman may have suffered a fatal heart attack started gaining traction around the same time. In Neal "Banjo Man" James' obituary,his surviving family (wife Rosemary, four children, and eight grandchildren) remembers his easygoing personality, strong spirituality, and love of music. Like us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TheSunUSand follow us from our main Twitter account at@TheSunUS, News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. He has an official Facebook page with over 431,000 followers, where he posts updates about his life, his animal rescues, and his merchandise. Growing up both daughters had a gruesome accident as they were run over by a car. Alongside providing child support Ernie Jr. was involved in their upbringing. That's a live action true story," he boasted. : PLEASE! The star of "Selling The OC," Alexandra Hall, is a top-tier real estate salesperson in Orange County with a background in interior design. Love,Peace, and Chicken grease! He says he needs to get some rest now so he can heal and make future shows. Ernie Brown Jr. is hospitalized in a critical condition. This was a good example of a barrel proof whiskey in my opinion. Indeed, her story can confirm that sh Alexandra Jarvis is a US-based attorney and the cast of the new show "Selling The OC," which is streaming on Netflix. He has a private Instagram account. ", He added: "I was cutting a tree and the tree fell perfect until all of a sudden, bam, one limb hit me across the neck and shoulders. Turtleman's buddy and co-worker often joined him on many exploits, and you didn't have to watch too long to see how close they were. It beat the car wreck and my chainsaw cut.". He was given a 12-episode show initially titled Turtleman of Wild Kentucky. Ernie, however, is also a charitable figure. Ernie Jr. took an hour to catch his. But fortunately, he is still alive. "People have been calling me fake, and there ain't no fake. Turtleman, aka Ernie Brown Jr, is reported to have had an accident. Although there was never an official cancellation announcement from Animal Planet, the Turtleman never returned after that dismal fourth season. As of 2018, it would appear Turtleman will likely not show up on Animal Planet's roster anytime soon. (LEX 18) Kentucky woodsman and TV personality Ernie Brown, Jr., better known as "The Turtleman," is recovering after he was injured by a tree limb on Tuesday. Ernie Brown Jr. went out of work following the cancellation of the popular Call of the Wildman. News broke of Ernie, known to audiences as "Turtleman," and his alleged incident through a Facebook post from the show. He caught even bigger 125 pounds at the age of 17 which is his biggest haul until now. It ain't a pet. According to his Facebook page, the Turtleman made his first visit to Hillbilly Days in Pikeville, Kentucky where he shot a video showing himself learning how to make lemonade with one of the vendors. The show was filmed in Kentucky, where Turtleman also happens to take up residence. Except for the bull," he said, before backtracking and adding, "This is the top one now, it beat the bull. "The tree fell perfect and all of a sudden, 'Bam! Though the accident was very fatal as reported, Ernie Brown Jr. is still alive. Ernie Brown Jr. gained prominence on the web in the wake of posting recordings of himself gathering turtles with his exposed hands-on YouTube. I almost bled to death.". Th Ernie Brown Jr. gained recognition from his videos of his bare-handed turtle-catching techniques on Youtube. Turtleman's Official YouTube channel may lack the budget of his Animal Planet series, but it does show he's still got plenty of diehard fans out there. Through a Facebook clip, he said: "I have one broken bone that's in my arm. He started catching turtles at the age of 7. During their time together they had two daughters Courtney Brown followed by Megan Brown. Some users think it may be a car . Wait, there's more? Despite this scary incident, Turtleman tried not to let it get his spirits down. Oh, and we almost forgot about the turtle, because of course there's one of those. Another time he was bitten on the pulse in the wrist and had to get cauterized which kept him out of work for like seven months. Brown Jr keeps himself away from drinking habits and neither does drugs. Notwithstanding, it didnt go into profundity about what had seemed obvious him for sure sort of mishap he had been engaged with. Turtleman updated his fans later that day to disclose the extent of his injuries. As of this writing, his channel has over 79,000 subscribers. Tim Brown, Joe Brown, and Lola Fay Brown. On March 15, 2022, the television program Call of the Wildman revealed details on Ernie's alleged incident to viewers through social media. Ernie Brown Jr. gained recognition from his videos of his bare-handed turtle-catching techniques on Youtube. Okay seriously, who is this guy's agent? Over the years he caught thousands of monster snapping turtles without any help of equipment and using just bare hands. Jackie has performed with theatres such as Berkeley Repertory Theatre an Juju Castaneda and her husband Ceo22wayz have been married since June 2021. He has been receiving end of turtle bites many times. The actress earned significant appraisals for starring in the lead role of Elliot Reid on the NBC/ABC comedy series Scrubs. He is also known as The Turtleman because of his skill and passion for catching snapping turtles with his bare hands. They described the production as "a culture that tolerated legally and ethically dubious activities.". In a tribute video Turtleman released after James' death, he says that James used to tell him he'd be going to a better place and, "I'll be up there, playing another banjo song with God." Ifthe lemonade stand doesn't work out, maybe there's still a path back to TV stardom for the Turtleman. I think this is a bad TV show, a badly scripted reality show. I only made $50,000 last year, and that's before taxes. Sincerely, a friend on the other side of tv, Donna DiSalvia. By Jeremy Wade Is Back With His New Animal Planet Show, 'Dark Waters', 'Brother Nature' Is A Real Life Disney Princess That Wild Animals Just Love, Animal Planets Finding Bigfoot Special Has People Wondering If the Creature Is Real. Ernie Brown Jr. has a moderate social media presence. Is the news true? At this point, the previously cooperative Sharp Entertainment and Animal Planet circled the wagons and refused to comment to Mother Jones about the USDA investigation. Until now, no further details about his accident have been released. BIG CLUE According to Celebrity Net Worth, Ernie aka Turtleman amassed a wealth of $1million. I didn't mean for this to happen. Ernie u are a real sweetheart! It's 100% fake." Take care and be safe. RELATED VIDEO: Terri Irwin Stopped Worrying About Son Robert Wrestling Crocs 'Once He Outweighed Me'. A message from his official TV Facebook page read: PRAY FOR THE TURTLEMAN NOW! He also lost his sister Lola Fay Brown who died at the age of 50 on Dec 29, 2017. Turtleman strong," the Kentucky wildman insists at the end of the video. "I have no beef against (Ernie Brown) personally. In any case, on the grounds that no particulars have been offered, many individuals trust it to be phony information. But in an interview with Hollywood Soapbox,he explained there's still a good amount of wildlife in and around his house, including two cats that run mice control as well as a snake named Sir Lancelot that "just comes and goes as it pleases," but also takes care of any mice on the inside. Among the most vicious, one of the snapping turtles bit him on the thumb resulting in seven stitches. The name "Turtleman" was due to his ability to catch monsters like poisonous turtles, snakes, and other reptiles. By the end of the heartfelt video, Turtleman is in tears remembering his fond memories with James. The truth is out there with Turtleman. Knocked me out for two minutes, but I got that limb. That's right. We don't want to spoil it for you, but there's some serious drama hiding in the Kentucky woods during this series. As the star of Call of the Wildman shared on a Facebook Live shot in the hospital on Tuesday, March 15., 2022, he injured himself while cutting down a tree limb. Turtleman aka Ernie Brown Jr was in a very bad accident according to a Facebook post by Call For The Wildman: Turtleman. He also interacts with his fans through live events and public appearances, such as the Kentucky State Fair and the Turtleman Festival. The Animal Planet show's Facebook handle wrote, "Pray for Turtleman.