Several chapters of the translation were read to the directors, who then voted to accept it as a gift. It was a disgust he carried on throughout his fake study of the new Greek (Alexandrian sources), and he was disgusted because of his Romanism. (Life of Hort by his son, Vol. Since then, new versions have been big business, raking in huge amounts of cash. Not to be outdone, the Jesuits reworked their fake bible time and again and then finally gave it a different name, to put off critics the Douay. To say that new version readers who cannot see this are deceived is an understatement! Please His followers such as Frederick William Faber (1814-1863) had labelled the preaching of fellow Englishmen like Booth, Whitefield, and Wesley as detestable and diabolical heresy. And what of the admission by both men that they knew next to nothing of Hebrew and Greek in any true academic sense? I find it hard to understand why any Christian would want to side with such a man as him, or W&H! [8][9] The New Testament portion was released first, in 1950, as The New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures,[10][11] with the complete New World Translation of the Bible released in 1961. This acceptance of Tischendorf by atheism is also shown in a quote used onhttp://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/quote-t.htm, If the New Testament is defective the church itself is in error, and must be given up as adeception.. The following quote is by Hort: Hort, Arthur Fenton, Life and Letters of Fenton John Hort, New York, 1896, Vol 1, p81. and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Previously, some Bible translation projects lasted twenty years or more. [19] Additionally, over the centuries since the King James Version was produced, more copies of earlier manuscripts of the original texts in the Hebrew and Greek languages have become available. The foundation of our faith is the truth of Gods Word.(pbministries.org), In Antioch (Syria); where the followers of Christ were first called Christians, the true believers were making exact copies of the original manuscripts. Genesis 1:1-46; 28; Psalms 106-138; Matthew 16:2-3; Mark 16:9-20; The Pastoral Epistles (1 & 2 Timothy and Titus); Hebrews 9:14-13:25 and all of the book of Revelation. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, and pray for them that persecute you.. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 4th Westcott: No one now, I suppose, holds that the first three chapters of Genesis, for example, give a_literal history I could never understand how any one reading them with open eyes could think they did yet they disclose to us a Gospel. }, What a wild storm of unbelief seems to have seized my whole system.(Op. (http://www.keithhunt.com/Bible12.html). Both Wescott and Hort were known to have resented the pre-eminence given to the Authorized Version and its underlying Greek Text. So much for its authority and correctness! Since the formation of the Translation Services Department in 1989, there has been a significant increase in the number of languages in which the New World Translation has been made available. [83][84][85] It led the way and laid the basis for all Modern Speech Bibles to secure a large place. June Mr. Daniel Macmillan suggests to Hort that he should take part in an interesting and comprehensive New Testament Scheme. Hort was to edit the text in conjunction with Mr. Westcott; the latter was to be responsible for a commentary, and Lightfoot was to contribute a N.T. Now the earth was formless and desolate, and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep, and God's active force was moving about over the surface of the waters. The committee agreed to turn over its translation to the Society for publication[26] and on September 3, 1949, Knorr convened a joint meeting of the board of directors of both the Watch Tower Society's New York and Pennsylvania corporations where he again announced to the directors the existence of the committee[27] and that it was now able to print its new modern English translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures. This REVISED Greek text of Westcott and Hort, the NT based largely on the Vaticanus and Sinaiticus manuscripts (and from which most modern translations come) DIFFERS from the basic Textus Receptus inwait for it.5,337 places! Fredrick Franz had stated that he was familiar with not only Hebrew, but with Greek, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and French for the purpose of biblical translation. [149] This decision was questioned by international observers, and even by Alexander Dvorkin, who had previously asked for the Jehovah's Witnesses' organization to be banned.[150][151]. Georg Hegel saw religion as a constant evolution with the synthesizing of two opposing views. I, p.420). And God said: "Let there be light." THE WESTCOTT & HORT CONSPIRACY - THE TRUE STORY OF OUR MODERN BIBLE TRANSLATIONS RESOURCES Disclaimer Introduction Symphony of Truth In a Nutshell Topical Guide 5-144000 5 Commissions 10 Commandments 333 NCCG Number 144,000, The A Action Stations Agency, Free Alcohol Angels Anointing Apostles Apostolic Interviews Apostolic Epistles Dr. Scrivener was the one man that fought them tooth and nail all the way, but he was always outvoted. In fact, their work is so badly done and so obviously against scripture, that we can dispense with them altogether and just judge what they wrote! Aug. 11th Westcott: I never read an account of a miracle (in Scripture?) "[112], Frederick E. Mayer wrote in 1954: "It is a version that lends support to denial of doctrines which the Christian churches consider basic, such as the co-equality of Jesus Christ with the Father, the personhood of the Holy Spirit, and the survival of the human person after physical death. [32][33], In 1961, the Watch Tower Society began to translate the New World Translation into Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish; the New Testament in these languages was released simultaneously in July 1963 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Roman Catholic Church strips Jesus Christ of His deity, separates the divine title Lord and Christ from the human name Jesus, having the thief on the cross address Him as Jesus instead of Lord (Luke 23:42). [When other early church fathers (bishops) were condemning Origen, Eusebius praised him in his book ecclesiastic history. 4, p. 492). It is enough that there is deep, intensely deep, emotion such as the mother of the Lord may have had. (Page 183), (Hort had the same opinions. 1890 May 1st Westcott consecrated Bishop of Durham. The Differentiator (June 1959), cited in Ian Croft, "The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures: Does It Really Have the Support of Greek Scholars? So, she did not contact Cartwright. Note how this statement was made at the same time that the Higher Critics were gaining ground in theology, and just before W&H began their own work of destruction of the word. But the publication of the Scofield Bible resurrected the old Jesuit futurism with a Zionist twist.Today the policies of our country are dramatically influenced by futurism and Christian Zionism while few have even heard of historicism. May 5th Westcott to Hort: at present I find the presumption in favour of the absolute truth I reject the word infallibility of Holy Scripture overwhelming. (Life, Vol.I, p.207). This charge created a sensation . And neither university officials nor the British government moved a finger to shut this down! Then, when Bishop Challoner got hold of the version, 1749-52, it was changed so dramatically that Cardinal Newman said the new version was virtually a completely new translation. Westcott and Hort were responsible for the greatest feat in textual criticism. I cannot determine how much we must believe; how much, in fact, is necessarily required of a member of the Church. (Life, Vol.I, p.46). This was a direct attempt to infiltrate Catholicism into the minds of the intellectual leaders of England.(worldincrisis). A. Hort (1881) was used as the basis for translating the New Testament into English. Wilkinson in his book (B Wilkinson, The Authorised Bible Vindicated, Leaves-of-Autumn Books Inc. Arizona), has a whole chapter on how the Catholic Jesuits captured the thinking of Oxford University in England. Friedrich Schleiermacher rejected creeds and doctrines, declaring that all that mattered in religion was feeling. Anthony A. Hoekema, The Four Major Cults, Christian Science, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, Seventh-day Adventism, William B. Eerdmans, 1963. Apr. He had enough proof from these to show that Jerome used corrupt manuscripts the same as were used by W&H and all later new version authors! The evidences cannot be ignored! And we can continue: As we have observed, continental (German and French) higher criticism was primarily concerned with destroying the value of the content of the Bible. The critical version of Jerome never displaced it, and only replaced it when the Latin ceased to be a living language, and became the language of the learned. There are 18 other uncial (capital letters) manuscripts that have the passage in and at least 600 cursive (small letters) manuscripts that ALL contain these words. 1848 July 6th Hort: One of the things, I think, which shows the falsity of the Evangelical notion of this subject (baptism), is that it is so trim and preciseno deep spiritual truths of the Reason are thus logically harmonious and systematicthe pure Romish view seems to me nearer, and more likely to lead to, the truth than the Evangelicalthe fanaticism of the bibliolaters, among whom reading so many chapters seems exactly to correspond to the Romish superstition of telling so many dozen beads on a rosarystill we dare not forsake the Sacraments, or God will forsake usI am inclined to think that no such state as Eden (I mean the popular notion) ever existed, and that Adams fall in no degree differed from the fall of each of his descendants (Life, Vol.I, pp.76-78). Further editing and translation is then performed to produce a final version.[44]. For my own part, I would gladly admit to the ministry such as hold Gorhams view, much more such as hold the ordinary confused Evangelical notions (Life, Vol.I, p.148). July 7th Hort: Dr. Since its publication in 1881, Westcott and Hort's work has proved to be impressively accurate, though far from perfect. Both of them were Roman Catholics.(scionofzion). Satan knoweth that he hath but a short time. Warfield is here saying something important for those who want to know the origin of the new versions. And His father and mother were marvelling upon those things which were spoken concerning Him., (3) AMERICAN REVISED;And His father and His mother were marveling at the things which were spoken concerning Him.. In the New Testament, for example, Paul was rejected as the author of anything. "[108] Metzger said there were a number of "indefensible" characteristics of the translation, including its use of "Jehovah" in the New Testament. Even so, where necessary, Paul named names, and so did Jesus! Additional works consulted in preparing the New World Translation include the Armenian Version, Coptic Versions, the Latin Vulgate, Sistine and Clementine Revised Latin Texts, Textus Receptus, the Johann Jakob Griesbach's Greek text, the Emphatic Diaglott, and various papyri.[50]. [111], In 1954, Unitarian theologian Charles Francis Potter stated about the New World Translation: "Apart from a few semantic peculiarities like translating the Greek word stauros as 'stake' instead of 'cross', and the often startling use of the colloquial and the vernacular, the anonymous translators have certainly rendered the best manuscript texts, both Greek and Hebrew, with scholarly ability and acumen. It fails however to gain lasting popular appeal. Amen., (3) AMERICAN REVISED VERSION OF 1901:And bring us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.. It is indicated that they provide a bridge between apostate Christianity and the occult and the New Age Movement. The New Testament in the Original Greek was published in 1881, as was the Revised Version based upon it: this latter failed to gain lasting popularity, but the Westcott-Hort text and theory has dominated the scene since. If not, why not? That is, a genuine conspiracy amongst people who wish to press forward a particular agenda, with proofs of their actions finally revealed. [54] According to the Watch Tower Society, the Tetragrammaton appears in "the oldest fragments of the Greek Septuagint". so-called easy-to-read Bible versions have been corrupted by Luciferian-worshipping occultists. I suggested to Ellicott a plan of tabulating and circulating emendations before our meeting, which may prove valuable. (Life, Vol.I, pp.392,393). Let it be underlined what they want to destroy is true scripture, identified as the KJAV and its reliance on authentic sources. After all, W&H did not believe major doctrinal teachings found in scripture (that is scripture that is the genuine word of God, NOT the Alexandrian/Roman texts). It is also known as the Westcott and Hort text, after its editors Brooke Foss Westcott (1825-1901) and Fenton John Anthony Hort (1828-1892). Froude, Short Studies on Great Subjects, pp. has almost succeeded. Thus, their Revised Version was not truth but simple Romish propaganda. Does this fact prove just how unreliable the new versions are? He was not a real Christian. This is the teaching of Scripture itself(1 Cor. Rome had to find another way to bring people on its side! This is the reason why the liberals in our own denomination have been able to make such rapid inroads! These pro-Catholics at Oxford came to be known as tractarians, because of the many small leaflets and tracts they published. [95], Samuel Haas, in his 1955 review of the first volume of the NWT in the Journal of Biblical Literature, stated that he did not agree with the introduction of the name Jehovah: "religious bias is shown most clearly in the policy of translating the tetragrammaton as Jehovah. His aim makes it very hard to accept that the Codex Sinaiticus he supposedly found in a monastery just so happened to provide him with his proof! Do not be disillusioned Rome was 100% behind the attack on the KJAV: The Catholic most responsible for directing Protestant aggression against the Authorized Version was Cardinal Nicholas Patrick Stephen Wiseman (1802-1865). His idea became the foundation of documentary hypothesis. 1867 Oct. 17th Hort: I wish we were more agreed on the doctrinal part; but you know I am a staunch sacerdotalist, and there is not much profit in arguing about first principles. (Life, Vol.II, p.86). That was why it then relied on its storm-troopers, the Jesuits, to do a better job of assassination of scripture, and its leader, Ignatius was the right warped man for its success. END The "Easy To Read" Brooke Foss Westcott (1825-1903) and Fenton John Anthony Hort (1828-1892) have been highly controversial figures in biblical history. They are exactly the same sources found in the Jesuit bible of 1582 and these are reproduced in the first of the cursed new versions the Revised Version! Edgar J. Goodspeed, translator of the New Testament in An American Translation, positively criticized the New World translation. In 184 to 254 he corrupted Bible manuscripts. [20], A fresh translation of the New Testament, which Jehovah's Witnesses usually refer to as the Christian Greek Scriptures, was proposed in October 1946 by the president of the Watch Tower Society, Nathan H. Forget the public pronouncements based on scripture these are only ploys to make Rome appear pious. As a youngster he was known to be treacherous, brutal and vindictive. [44][45], At the Watch Tower Society's annual meeting on October 5, 2013, a significantly revised translation was released. 1858 Oct. 21st Further I agree with them in condemning many leading specific doctrines of the popular theology as, to say the least, containing much superstition and immorality of a very pernmicious kindThe positive doctrines even of the Evangelicals seem to me perverted rather than untrueThere are, I fear, still more serious differences between us on the subject of authority, and especially the authority of the Bible (Life, Vol.I, p.400). Queen Elizabeth 1stloathed Catholics, but also disliked Puritans. "[116] He concludes: "The translation of the New Testament is evidence of the presence in the movement of scholars qualified to deal intelligently with the many problems of Biblical translation. The Oxford Movement, one that we see is of Roman/Jesuit origin, corrupted the Anglican church by teaching its future priests in the ways of Rome. 17,18). So wild, so skeptical am I. I cannot yield.(Op. Some key Biblical terms were revised. ): In my first term at the University, the controversial fires were beginning to blaze . Not only this, but: The Rheims-Douay and the King James Version were published LESS than THIRTY years apart..The Rheims-Douay has been REPEATEDLY changed to APPROXIMATE the King James. But the answer is simple enough. Phillip Mauro was a brilliant lawyer who was admitted to the bar of the supreme Court in April 1892. By the time the Scofield Bible was published Hort and Westcott had been active in the occult underground for 60 years. [99] In 1989, Kedar-Kopfstein said, "In my linguistic research in connection with the Hebrew Bible and translations, I often refer to the English edition of what is known as the 'New World Translation.' Westcott and Hort start work on their Greek text. In the Gospels alone Codex B (Vaticanus) leaves out words or whole clauses no less than 1,491 times. Dodd: "The reason why [the Word was a god] is unacceptable is that it runs counter to the current of Johannine thought, and indeed of Christian thought as a whole. "The Compact DiscWhat Is It All About? 23rd Fenton John Anthony Hort born at Dublin. You well know with what folds it entwines us and with what fangs it gnaws us.(The Jesuits in History, Hector Macpherson, Ozark Book Publishers, 1997, Appendix 1). A database of Greek and Hebrew terms is available where a translator has difficulty rendering a verse. [65][66] The regular edition includes several appendices containing arguments for various translation decisions, maps, diagrams and other information; and over 125,000 cross references. 7 They hated America and democracy. The quote is from a letter to Westcott on 17th October, 1865), I have been persuaded for many years that Mary-worship and Jesus worship have very much in common in their causes and results.. 19th Hort: He (Westcott) and I are going to edit a Greek text of the New Testament some two or three years hence, if possible. (Life, Vol.I, p.250). It is almost laughable that many who use these corrupt modern versions also oppose Rome in their speech! Also bear in mind that Rome never claims to be Christian as such, but prefers to be called by its title, Roman Catholicism. Then continue reading more of Horts words below: The old dogmatic view of the Bible therefore, is not only open to attack from the standpoint of science and historical criticism, but IF TAKEN SERIOUSLY it becomes a DANGER to religion and public moralsGod is the author, NOT of the Bible BUT of the life in which the authors of the Bible partake, and of which they tell in such IMPERFECT HUMAN WORDS as they could command. pp. Newmans future was now clear to him. Brooke Foss Westcott (1825-1901) was born at Birmingham and Fenton John Anthony Hort (1828-1892) at Dublin. This translation was indeed to do on the INSIDE of England, what the great navy of Philip 2 was to do on the OUTSIDE. This committee is said to have comprised unnamed members of multinational background.