-Top with shredded lettuce, the other half of the chopped onion, pickles, and burger sauce. Free Weekly Meal Planner Printable. The more cheese the better! I absolutely loved this recipe, however I agree, the carrots took especially long to cook. This dish is perfect for when you fancy a change from the classic meat sauce and spaghetti and is sure to be a winner for both adults and kids alike! Period. Sure, some cultures will use rice or pasta (rather than potatoes), and where beef isnt used, other savory elements step in. Opting for lean ground beef is a simple way to make your recipes healthier. Add Remaining Filling Ingredients to the Skillet. Ill have to try some onion salt next time! Wellness, meet inbox keywords sign up for our newsletter and join us on the path to wellness. Cook the meat with the onion and garlic powder STEP 1: Cook the ground beef and onions in a large skillet until its no longer pink. The recipe is just 3 steps long and can be made in just one pot. Ground beef and potatoes is a classic combination. Alternating layers of mashed potatoes and ground beef with peppers. Add the diced potatoes and mix well. Because as much as I love being in the kitchen, Id much rather spend that time hanging out with my family when theyre around, you know? The meat part of this is FABULOUS, and we havent forgotten the delicious taste of this casserole. Required fields are marked *. I kind of assume so, but want to check. I loved it. This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Shady Brook Farms. Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Spring Peas | KeepRecipes. Your savory additions absolutely rock, and I cant wait to taste them in the PieThank you for this WONDERFUL recipe! Garnish with parsley if desired. Give the classic ground beef and potato dish an Indian twist! This recipe is sponsored by Ohio Beef. Thanks! Freshest pizza, coldest beer, the most sports. You can thaw twice-baked potatoes in the refrigerator or reheat Im Lydia. Ground beef and potatoes is a classic combination that acts as a basis for many delicious meals. So, anytime I can get a casserole going, it allows me to relax a little at the end of the busy day and dinner becomes an easy task. WebMade with beef, garlic, stock, Irish Guinness beer, red wine, potatoes, carrots, and onions, it is the perfect dish to give you a boost when you need it. It cooked for much longer than this recipe called for but that made such a difference in the depth of flavors. Subscribe and get our best recipes in your inbox! Layer the sliced and peeled potatoes on the bottom of a 6-7 quart slow cooker and season with salt and pepper Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. I cut my russets fairly small, added shredded carrots and a little cabbage, with corn! And its beyond phenomenal! Before kindergarten even. That way, when the craving hits, you can quickly throw a stack together. The steps are clear and will help you produce a perfect pie every time. Hi there, neighbor! Stir in the garlic cloves, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce and stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet This simple skillet recipe is rich in flavors and so cheesy! I like firefox MUCH better than IE but on certain occasions i would have a ff winfdow open and it shows the window error thing. This dish is super delicious, requires few ingredients, is simple to make, and goes down well with kids and adults alike! Because the rest of the dish is pretty basic, the sausage really makes all the difference. This recipe for a savory cabbage casserole has flavors similar to those of cabbage rolls. Once the ground Wellness, meet inbox keywords sign up for our newsletter and join us on the path to wellness. Add onion and cook for about 2 minutes, until translucent. I used potatoes and peas. In a large skillet or Dutch oven like this, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, 4-5 minutes, breaking beef into crumbles as it cooks. Even though the ingredients are simple, there is a nice complexity to the flavour here- i thinks its due to the browning of the tomato paste and the amount of worcestershire. I added garlic to the meat when browning. Juliet, tennessee homerecipesdishes & beveragescasseroles no comment lef. Personally, I like to serve this dish on a bed of rice and finish it off with a runny egg and a dollop of sour cream. This is a quick, easy, and inexpensive dish that my family loves. If you use lean ground beef, or dont mind some extra fat, you can skip the draining step. Full printable recipe with ingredients, measurements, and instructions listed at the bottom of the post on the recipe card. And what a great shortcut idea! Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Go to Recipe 10. And I used vegetable protein broth. For instance, leftover beef, lamb, and mashed potato can be used in this dish. Loaded with veggies and covered in melty cheese, this Ground Beef and Potatoes Skillet is a hearty one pan meal the whole family will love! STEP 4: Remove from the heat and stir in the cream cheese. You can travel far and wide, and find variations of these ingredients in ground beef and potato recipes all over the world. You only need to add one thing: curry. Allrecipes has thousands of ground beef recipes, but these 25 rise to the top of the batch. Allow the cream to cook down for a few minutes before adding cheese and broiling. Were Courtney and Will, and were so happy youre here. I almost didnt cover this skillet with cheese and broil it, and then I thought, Who am I kidding? Theyre both delicious, quick-cooking, versatile, and easy on the wallet. Nutrition Facts: calories 513 calories, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 142 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 38 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 27 grams protein, Saturated Fat 20 grams saturated fat, servingSize 1 serving, Sodium 445 milligrams sodium, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Trans Fat 1 grams trans fat, unSaturated Fat 14 grams unsaturated fat. Very economical and filling. Heat the oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. The Best 7 Easy Recipes to Make with Beef Stew Meat. This dish is already delicious by merely being a combination of ground beef, potatoes, and cheese. This is a quick, easy, and inexpensive dish that my family loves. I replaced the corn for a little peas cause Im allergic to corn, and added green onion. This recipe is perfect if youre looking to make appetizers or fun finger foods for a dinner party. This recipe is also perfect if youre a fan of meal prepping. Then, working in batches, pulse the meat until it is finely chopped, about 20 pulses. Cook the burgers until nicely seared and they have browned halfway up the sides. I can see in the photos some cooked spice? It did take a little longer to cook then expected but thats ok! STEP 3: Cover (its super important to do this!) As parents, with the back-to-school season looming ahead, were all aiming for earlier bedtimes, which also means earlier dinners. So it doesnt come as a surprise why there are tons of recipes that combine the two. What did you use for spice? Yay! Whether youre craving shepherds pie, meatloaf cupcakes, or Filipino picadillo, youve come to the right place. (*pause and reflect *sigh) Now back to the recipe at hand! Thanks for sharing! Add sliced mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes. Skip to main content. Dont worry, Im sure therell be no leftovers. Let me know if you try it, and Ill report back if I adapt this for the slow cooker! Looks like my kind of comfort meal! Just make sure you cover and dont constantly stir it or it will take longer. Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Storing. For the best results, you should season just before cooking the beef. It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. 1 oz packet taco seasoning; 10.5 oz cheddar cheese soup; 4 cups potatoes, peeled and sliced; 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese; 1 cup beef broth; Equipment Needed. Please try reloading the page and the recipe should be there. Add a rice dish to this casserole to complete the meal. Its rich and filling, and all youll need is: The first time I made this, the Mr. said he wanted it to be even more savory, so I amped up the flavor with extra beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste. Just imagine how they taste if you turned them into a cheesy casserole. If you want to spice up this traditional union, you should definitely give this one-pot Mexican beef and potatoes recipe a try! Among all the foods, pizza holds a special place in her heart, and she loves exploring different variations and toppings to create the perfect slice. tablespoon olive oil, cup yellow onion. But the difference lies in the meat. The only problem here is that your guests will surely ask for seconds. Hi Jess! Do not drain! There are affiliate links in this post. ground beef vegetable oil, for frying the potatoes 1 (30 ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, not thawed 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream Serving. This Healthy Meatloaf with Veggies recipe uses ground beef, potatoes, onions, and bell Privacy Policy, While sausage is cooking, dice potatoes. We recommend making up extra and using the leftovers as a pasta sauce. Add the beef, salt, paprika, and tsp black pepper; cook until the beef is browned, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently to crumble. We cannot recommend this recipe enough, especially if youre a beginner. -Season ground beef with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder. Full printable recipe with ingredients, Salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, and a little thyme. Thank you! We love serving this dish with a fried egg and some homemade baked beans. Cook the meat with the onion and garlic powder and whatever other seasonings you want ..then drain fat if needed. My husband said it was even better the second day (for his lunch). I came upon this recipe about 6mo ago and it is one of my familys most requested dishes!! Happy to hear that you enjoyed it! Its flavor will permeate each bite, so its worth choosing a good brand for this sausage and potatoes recipe. -Toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika (I dont use exact measurements for this part). Need a quick dinner idea? This recipe came out of my mother's cookbook. Thanks! How To Tell If Your Cucumber Is Bad 5 Foolproof Ways? Also, if you make it again, if you have a soup pot you could always use that instead of a skillet pan. Its basically just like making meatloaf, but instead of forming the mixture into a loaf, you put it in a muffin tin. The tarragon really comes through to make a flavorful main dish. Check out our 15 favorite ground beef and potato recipes that are easy to make below. Subscribe to our email list, and never miss a single Recipe, Tip Guide, or Newsletter! I loved your recipe as did my husband! Thank you so much, Carol, for taking the time to comment and rate this recipe. Casserole Recipes With Ground Beef And Potatoes - Easy Mexican Potato Casserole - 1 More Than 2 1 More Than 2. i go back and it was firefox is already running or something s i cant use it. Amazing! This roundup of ground beef and potato recipes will leave you wanting more of this dynamic duo. Then, drop in the butter and mix until its combined. Creamy Sausage and Potatoes- a simple, quick dinner, PLEASE NOTE:Shady Brook Farms turkey products are available in the following states: ME, NH, VT, NY, NJ, MA, VA, RI, CT, PA, MD, DE, WV, NC, SC, GA, and FL. This is a quick, easy, and inexpensive dish that my family loves. In this recipe, it is suggested that How to make Ground Beef and Potatoes 1. Pre-Cook the Potatoes and Carrots. Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Check them out! Salt and pepper to taste, garlic powder, and a little thyme. The veggies definitely wont cook unless you cut them tiny tiny. Those three ingredients are dangerously addictive when combined! What a great meal! A small supporting cast of veggies (corn, onion, carrots). Allrecipes has thousands of ground beef recipes, but these 25 rise to the top of the batch. Freezing. I diced mine (about a : cube) and I needed to add a little more liquid and 2 minutes on the stovetop, but other than that, it came out great. Shaved serrano (spicy!) Drain. Thank you for such a great recipe! There is just something about a simple meat and potato recipe that is so satisfying. Here are some easy recipe ideas that feature hamburger meat and any kind of potatoes you may have on hand! I forgot to buy tomato paste so I substituted with ketchup. Read more, Copyright 2023. If Im using fatty sausage, I drain it really well. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Wellness, meet inbox keywords sign up for our newsletter and join us on the path to wellness. From ground beef soups to easy casseroles, these 25 ground beef recipes will not disappoint. Sprinkle with the parsley and remaining tsp black pepper. This dish manages to be bursting with flavor and super simple to make. Compared to other ground beef skillet recipes, the depth of flavor in this recipe is amazing, and i never have leftovers when i take it to potlucks. A traditional shepherds pie uses ground lamb, while the cottage pie features ground beef. This casserole has ground beef and cream at the bottom. Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. This ground beef and potatoes skillet is a really flexible recipe thats begging for you to make it your own. Opting for lean ground beef is a simple way to make your recipes healthier. I want to help you find ways to live well and enjoy life on a budget. . I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. How awesome is that? Season with salt and pepper. While I have enjoyed sharing tips and tricks on Social Media, I have decided to expand my horizons through this blog. Required fields are marked *. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Yes! Question could I substitute rutabagas or turnips (I have to parboil them), reduce potatoes,peas no corn,,, what about adding green beans? Trust me, youre missing out! It is a traditionally heavy dish that is served with crusty bread and a dry red wine perfect for an indulgent weekend dinner! A baked potato is the ultimate comfort food. For a Quicker Meal. It is full of flavor, feels wonderfully indulgent, and works for pretty much any occasion. It is absolutely packed full of flavor, and it is particularly fulfilling. You could also use sweet potatoes. Im so glad to hear that! With just a bit of Worcestershire sauce, spices, and seasonings, youll transform this simple dish. Huge hit! The kids can be a tough sell on anything unfamiliar but they all ate it without too much cajoling. Wellness, meet inbox keywords sign up for our newsletter and join us on the path to wellness. Be the first to rate this post. Your email address will not be published. The smudges and splatters show that mom used it extensively to feed our large family. We are creating a first-of-its-kind weight-management solutionone that incorporates prescription medications alongside WeightWatchers proven nutrition and behavioral program. 1 lb ground beef; 2 cloves garlic, minced (If you use the Crock Pot Make Ahead Ground Beef in this recipe, cut the garlic down to on clove.) If your butcher has chili gri. And me? 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese and potato pierogi, thawed 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 10 ounces), thawed and drained 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese Directions In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons WebCooking Instructions. Drain the grease. Prep onions and potatoes. Drain any fat. Here, the meat is seasoned with chili powder and cumin, while the patties themselves are then topped with sauted bell peppers and onions. We are compensated for referring traffic. And its even better when there arent a ton of ingredients involved. Allrecipes has thousands of ground beef recipes, but these 25 rise to the top of the batch. We have the same issue with kiddos, but this one alway seems to go over well. I would brown the beef first then add all the ingredients to the crock pot except the cheese. This is a quick, easy, and inexpensive dish that my family loves. Drain all but one Tablespoon of fat from the skillet. Super fast!) Full printable recipe with ingredients, measurements, and instructions listed at the bottom of the post on the recipe card. Left it to the last minute? I want to help you find ways to live well and enjoy life on a budget. This recipe for a savory cabbage casserole has flavors similar to those of cabbage rolls. This Hamburger Potato Casserole is the perfect recipe if you need something to satisfy the whole family. Its beyond simple and the kids love to pitch in and help make them! Through her writing, Helen hopes to inspire others to get creative in the kitchen and share their love for food with the world. My wife raved about it. The smudges and splatters show that mom used it extensively to feed our large family. Once it's baked, simply serve with Seriously, the ingenuity of this recipe is unparalleled. I love using this tool to dice my potatoes, carrots and onions. Increase the heat and bring to a gentle boil. Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes from keeprecipes.com The spruce this hearty combination of seasoned ground beef, bell pepper, tomatoes, and cabbage. Cheesy Baked Rigatoni with Beef. This recipe is filling, heart-warming, and is an all-around winner on a cold, winter weekend. Want to know the best way to get the cheese extra crispy? Gifts for Bakers. If youve never had moussaka before, take this as the sign to try it. It was delicious. Step One Brown ground beef in a skillet on the stove-top; drain fat. -Peel, wash potatoes, and cut up into cubes. Im so glad it worked out well for you. Wellness, meet inbox keywords sign up for our newsletter and join us on the path to wellness. Easy Mashed Potato Topped Mini Meatloaves, 10. In the winter, nix the corn and try frozen peas instead. Go to Recipe. (Ilove using my. The combination of sweet potato and ground beef is hearty, delicious, and works well with most other breakfast foods! The dish is made with crinkle-cut fries overloaded with ground beef, tomatoes, and cheese sauce! Easy to make and easy clean-up! Look for ground beef with a lower fat percentage, around 90% lean or higher. Lean ground beef contains less saturated fat, which can positively impact your heart health. Love so many of your recipes thanks for all the wonderful posts. If youre making your own hamburger patties, adding egg to hamburger meat can. Helen is an author and editor at helenbackcafe.com, who has a passion for writing about recipes. Join the wait list. old gave her own approval by eating thirds. The creamy mashed potato topping is genius we wish wed have thought of it before. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. It pulls the recipe up on a separate page, so you might want to check to see if the printable recipe is in a separate window or tab on your computer. Dont worry, I did the research for you. It was really good and flexible with whatever veggies you want to use up!