It used to be my great grandfather's before he died, I'm Just curious to the year it was manufactured 3 Art 19 years ago Anthony, I believe the model number shows completely. The unit won Best of Show at the 1958 Chicago World Music Fair. These machines were produced in Morristown, Tennessee. Saw what looked like a layer of solder flux on top of this insulation. The amplifier is AMP 109 and the receiver is model CR-202. There's no unusual baffling and the speakers are just mounted in the cabinet -- something that likely contributes to the basso-profundo sound reputation of these things. This early 1960s era Magnavox Symphony Stereo Console model number 1ST621 is in incredible shape. What is the Value of your Magnavox Radio? Phillips, a Netherlands company, acquired Magnavox in 1974 to provide an American distributor for its LaserVision videodisc technology. Plant #3 was built in 1962. Radio manufacturers offered dozens of different models. Copy. Two IF stages are used for FM, and one for AM. Behind these controls are three chassis of electronics (tuner/preamp, FM multiplex decoder, power amp/supply), a record changer, and a speaker system. WebMeasure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with a chainsaw. Very Good items may show a few slight marks or scratches but are fully functional and in overall great shape. Bakelite Radios: A Fully Illustrated Guide for the Bakelite Radio Enthusiast by R. Howes. WebMeasure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with a chainsaw. This Magnavox, generally an up-market brand, is an example. There are several different ways to tell. i've been looking for an AU-7900 for a while to go with my TU-7900! In 1952, Plant #2 was built in Greeneville, Tenn. for primarily production of televisions. turntable. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. If interested text, call or e mail I've tries googling the model number to no avail. After this, the radio played quite well on AM and SW but very poorly with distortion on FM. Take the back off and look for chassis numbers. Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalized recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. The eye tube was very dim. Sams, Howard W. & Co. Photofact Folder 10, Set 623, Magnavox Chassis, d. 3-63. Todas las radios del Ecuador en vivo en radio-ecuador.org This Magnavox, generally an up-market brand, is an example. AS305 User Manual. Magnavox Service Manual 6270, 70-01 F-M Multiplex Adapter Chassis, November 1961, incl. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. AS305 User Manual. Due to volume of business, manufacturing moved to San Francisco facility in 1918. MAS-80 User Manual. Since it is stereo, and doesn't appear to have FM multiplex, I'd place it closer to 1960. WebIt is a tube based console, and by 1970, solid state had long taken over. WebMeasure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with a chainsaw. Stereo consoles were made by many companies, including even Fisher Radio, and in spite of how some people view them today, they embody careful, clever engineering and quality components. An old high-quality homebrew Ham Bands Receiver was the previous item on the bench. This Magnavox, generally an up-market brand, is an example. Most radios contain an identification plate on the mechanism that identifies the maker, model, and provides a wealth of mechanical data. Following World War II, Magnavox resumed the manufacturer of consumer electronics. MP3 sound power As shown in the picture below, the set has a line input for an external audio source and an "EXT" setting for the bandswitch knob along with AM, FM, SW and phono. Teaming with Sony and using the Magnavox brand, Phillips introduced the CD-DA standard and equipment in the United States. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. If it's in really, really good shape, it could go to a home and a person that can appreciate it. Antique Radios: Restorations and Price Guide. Vintage Magnavox Micromatic Stereo Console 150927 2 Reverb. Advertisement Coins 0 coins Premium Powerups Explore Gaming ValheimGenshin ImpactMinecraftPokimaneHalo InfiniteCall of Duty: WarzonePath of ExileHollow Knight: SilksongEscape from TarkovWatch Dogs: Legion Sports The schematics for these are found in Rider's volume 18 which is available, like most of the Rider manuals, for downloading for free from Nostalgia Air. Posts: 2. WebJoined: Apr Thu 20, 2017 4:00 am. DM-1062. Check the speakers for the EIA date code which should be a 6-digit numeral with 232 as the first three numbers. He still tries to limit his acquisitions to those he can use in normal everyday living and recently has tended toward audio equipment and adding test gear to help keep the music playing. Hope this helps. When I was growing up, just as some fathers were "Chevy, Ford men" or "Oldsmobile men" with respect to the family cars, my dad was a "Magnavox man" when it came to stereo consoles. Advertisement Coins 0 coins Premium Powerups Explore Gaming ValheimGenshin ImpactMinecraftPokimaneHalo InfiniteCall of Duty: WarzonePath of ExileHollow Knight: SilksongEscape from TarkovWatch Dogs: Legion Sports Copy. 26 pages. the woofers are made by cts, the tweeters are made by heppner. I'm in the latter camp. WebMAGNAVOX needles will take you to our MAGNAVOX stylus page. Magnavox also supplied components to other companies. assuming the record player hasn't been swapped out in the past, It was the largest TV manufacturing plant under one roof in the country. Just to touch briefly on the cabinet, this particular model seems made also (or alternately) to contain a TV as the right-hand control panel appears to provide enough space to take a TV tuner dial. This can usually be done using a 1/4 nut driver or a screwdriver. A friend of mine is trying to determine if her grandmother's old Magnavox console stereo has any value. And if I'm not mistaken, judging from the brown knobs with the silver centers. Magnavox ventured into a new realm of home entertainment in the late 1970s with the production of home pinball machines. Is Brooke shields related to willow shields? Identification is via the model numbers on the separate chassis. Identification is via the model numbers on the separate chassis. The unit needs a new needle, but I'm big sure which one to look for since I don't even know the model number. The changer incorporates a muting switch that eliminates noise during cycling and also a power switch which shuts the console off after the last record. Speaker selector switch. The preamp has a single 6EU7, a much lower noise choice than the typical 12AX7, but with totally passive/non-feedback volume and tone controls. Join waiting list just in case. inputs. Model 1P3755. WebManualsLib has more than 76 Magnavox Stereo System manuals . This early 1960s era Magnavox Symphony Stereo Console model number 1ST621 is in incredible shape. She also has the manual and sales brochure, too. Magnavox advertising for similar models rates them at 15 watts/channel so that may apply to this one also. If the console has a Webmake / manufacturer: Magnavox model name / number: Console Stereo size / dimensions: medium Mid Century Modern Magnavox Console stereo - Works great - I have all the original paperwork receipt etc. Schematics For Magnavox, the console model number is not used for schematic identification. WebMAGNAVOX needles will take you to our MAGNAVOX stylus page. Vintage Magnavox Micromatic Stereo Console 150927 2 Reverb. 40 pages. After modifying an automotive stereo connector plug to fit the Magnavox external input jack, I made an adapter cable and connected my MP3 player. A fuse is relatively rare in home entertainment sets of the era. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Click on an alphabet below to see the full list of models starting with that letter: A F M. Popular manuals. Local Pickup Only Vintage Magnavox Record Player And Radio Console Philadelphia Pa. Com Record Needle For Magnavox Micromatic Fits Ev 275 277 282 284 Cartridge Musical Instruments. The 1000 Hz exponential horns for the middle/upper frequencies are impressive also, with drivers that look only slightly less complex than a Swiss watch. Find the turntable from the back. New output tubes (just because, and 6BQ5s were still cheap then). The AM/FM tuner and record changer both work and they sound great. Of course, there's the booming bass to contend with, so I keep the bass turned down, except when playing records where it is needed to balance the sound. It has 12 inch woofers with square magnets marked Magnavox 581206 137 418 Made in USA It has two tweeters on each side with alnico magnets marked Magnavox 580503-1 575 406 Anything there look familiar? WebManualsLib has more than 76 Magnavox Stereo System manuals . Check the speakers for the EIA date code which should be a 6-digit numeral with 232 as the first three numbers. A highly regarded contemporary one was the Fisher 500B/C. asoundhound Definitely Low-fi Messages: 2,918 Location: hattiesburg, ms The tuner is essentially the same circuit used in Magnavox's spare-no-expense "Concert Grand" model that John Eckland described in his September 2007 ARC Magnavox article. Ah yes, the stereo console. Frank Stern became Magnavoxs first president. Magnavision, the first laserdisc video format was introduced in 1978. LPs sound pretty good also -- the aforementioned Christmas records, of course, but also rock, jazz, and classical material. The result is powerful sound for modern music, rock and roll, and the music of the Magnavox's youth that easily rivals any jukebox of the era! I have a Magnavox 2ST654, very similar to yours that I bought new in late 1963 or early 1964. AMP 109 has two 0.1 MF caps in an interesting inverse feedback circuit (plate of each 6V6 feeds low side of each input transformer secondary via that cap). In spite of consoles' "likely orphan," "can't-even-give-it-away" collectible status, based on my experience with ours, units from the early days of stereo before the transition to solid-state (but some early transistor ones also) can be beautiful pieces of furniture. As one step to help solve this problem I thought, perhaps if we used the room more, he'd view it less as his, and perhaps we'd use it more if there were a music system there. Functionally, the difference is that the Magnavox uses two fewer IF stages in the tuner, and three less preamp stages, with the 500C providing additional gain for a magnetic cartridge or tape head, and also negative feedback on each stage. WebMagnavox Radios, Phonographs, Record Changers, and Tape Recorder Factory Service Manuals with Schematics: These Factory Service Manuals including Schematics are scanned in high resolution directly from the original Magnavox Factory Service Manuals published by Magnavox from 1937 through 1942. WebMagnavox introduced the first tabletop High-Fidelity console units in 1937. The model number won't help with finding service information for Magnavox - you'll need the chassis numbers, which will be on on the amplifier and tuner chassis (sometimes combined into one). He had a habit of stealthily "marking" various spots when no one was looking. (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Vacuum Tube Valley, Issue 6, Winter 1997, "The Fisher 500 Family of Receivers -- The Start of a Generation", p 3-9. The record changer will have numbers on labels underneath, stick in your head or use a mirror to get these because it will need to be cleaned and lubed again. Obsolete - May never be restocked. A great way to listen to one's favorite selections for that vinyl sound without wearing out the vinyl or needles. SW and phono. It used to be my great grandfather's before he died, I'm Just curious to the year it was manufactured 3 and serial no. It was working when first brought home, except as I recall for a marginal idler in the changer. Among the unique units was the Spice Chest. Pridham remained. Click on an alphabet below to see the full list of models starting with that letter: A F M. Popular manuals. The cabinet was all photographic veneer and molded plastic overlay, but it looked OK in the house, and it sounded pretty good. Magnavox Service Manual 6264, Concert Grand Models 1ST800F & 1ST801F, 1959, The Magnavox Company, Service Department. The unit included a record player and AM/FM radio. Bluetooth ready. WebMagnavox produced its first all-transistor radio in Greeneville, Tenn. in 1957. Radio & TV News, April 1959, "Hi-Fi Product Test Report, E-V Stereo Cartridge," p47. Jensen left to create the Jensen Radio Manufacturing Company located in Chicago. inputs. Workers, predominately women, are shown assembling radio junction boxes for new Anti-Noise Communications System. Speakers were always touted as a Magnavox strong point. Speaker selector switch. built-in 8-track tape player, its likely from the 1970s. For Customer Assistance please contact ARC@antiqueradio.com or call (866) 371-0512 toll free, Pages designed/maintained by Wayward Fluffy Publications, Antique Radio Classified The line was discontinued in the mid-1960s. So, naturally that is what I had to have. In June 1947, the Greenville, Tennessee plant launched its AM/FM radio and record player console. It is rare that I find tubes with open filaments. In the early 1980s, Phillips merged Magnavox, Philco, and Sylvania into one division with its headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, and a manufacturing plant in Greenville, Tennessee. There was a problem subscribing you to this newsletter. 1958 1958 Magnavoxs first stereophonic high-fidelity unit was introduced in 1958. And if I'm not mistaken, judging from the brown knobs with the silver centers. After modifying an automotive stereo connector plug to fit the Magnavox external input jack, I made an adapter cable and connected my MP3 player. WebJoined: Apr Thu 20, 2017 4:00 am. There are several different ways to tell. WebMagnavox stereo console with AM/FM tuner (restored) and Imperial Micromatic 4 spd. monetary value has to be discussed in the "dollars and sense" forum. WebEscuchar Radio Pichincha 95.3 FM online. The speaker configuration is the typical large wolfers out the sides What are the qualities of an accurate map? Electro-Voice 5000 Ceramic Record Player Pickup, Electro-Voice 5606d Ceramic Record Player Pickup for Magnavox 560389 etc, Sonotone 2T Cartridge - Astatic 751 Ceramic Record Player Pickup. WebMagnavox (Latin for "great voice", stylized as MAGNAVOX) is an American electronics company that since 1974 has been a subsidiary of the Dutch electronics corporation Philips.The predecessor to Magnavox was founded in 1911 by Edwin Pridham and Peter L. Jensen, co-inventors of the moving-coil loudspeaker at their lab in Napa, California, under A new production facility is built in Oakland, California in 1919 as is reflected in the new company logo. Remove the back from the console. Stereo consoles were made by many companies, including even Fisher Radio, and in spite of how some people view them today, they embody careful, clever engineering and quality components. Supplement No. Magnavox Direct Mail Brochure Form No. are you the fellow who just sold a bunch of wharfedale drivers on that auction site? Below are the cartridges known to be found in MAGNAVOX record players. The ad states that Magnavox will return to the consumer market after the war. Depends. New driver/phase inverter sockets in the PA. WebIt is a tube based console, and by 1970, solid state had long taken over. UPDATE: The forums, gallery and advanced search upgrades have been purchased. First Research Lab of Commercial Wireless and Development Company in Napa, CA. Cabinets divide into consoles (upright radio), tabletop radio, and entertainment center (radio combined with a record player or another electronic device). This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. The AM/FM tuner and record changer both work and they sound great. Checked the resistors and caps in the plate circuit by disconnecting from the discriminator transformer. (NOTE: these are incorrectly labeled as 0.01 MF on the schematic. The side-mounted woofers were a Magnavox signature feature, and, since bass is nondirectional, they work fine. Art 19 years ago Anthony, I believe the model number shows completely. This 1932 Crosley Cathedral radio contains Magnavox parts. WebIt is a tube based console, and by 1970, solid state had long taken over. The most charming feature, however, is that set into the front rail below the doors is a small indicator that glows red when the console is on. AS 640/AS 641/AS 642 Instructions Manual. The front and top sliding panels were reverse painted glass. I replaced the three Micamold .02 MF caps connected to the power line because all were leaky. There are several different ways to tell. Also, assuming the record player hasn't been swapped out in the past, that's a good way to check. 4th Edition, Bakelite Radios: A Fully Illustrated Guide for the Bakelite Radio Enthusiast, Collectors Guide to Novelty Radios: Identification and Values, Book II. AS 640/AS 641/AS 642 Instructions Manual. It's a Magnavox Magnasonic X10, model #1-SC601, the one on the left on the catalog page (see attached illustration). Hi - I'm trying to identify the year of a magnavox phonograph and radio console we have. Manufacturing operations moved to Chicago in 1930 and then to Fort Wayne, Indiana, in 1931. needle arm was black with a gold elliptical piece in the head. I found the model no. The period marketing photo shows the commercial unit. Magnavox built its first TV in 1948. The adjustment caps are nicely labeled and engraved on the receiver chassis. Products ( Total Items: 55 ) Sort by: Astatic 1150 Ceramic Phonograph Pickup (1) $67.00 Astatic 1226 Ceramic Turntable Cartridge $73.00 Astatic 133 Ceramic Phonograph Cartridge (1) $74.00 Oops, looks like you forgot something. Local Pickup Only Vintage Magnavox Record Player And Radio Console Philadelphia Pa. Com Record Needle For Magnavox Micromatic Fits Ev 275 277 282 284 Cartridge Musical Instruments. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. Photography by Chris Small Photography and Fine Art. Rebuilt changer idler (by an A.R.C. View Etsys Privacy Policy. Opening the front panel revealed an AM/FM radio and 8-track stereo player. I measured the Magnavox's PA as within 3 dB from 25 Hz to 46 kHz, not bad, but with IM distortion of 2.4% at 10 watts. You can change your preferences any time in your Privacy Settings. It has a cherry finish and looks really well kept by the original owner. Carl Albertus, master mechanic, and Hugh Sym, mechanic, working in the machine shop at Napa lab; 1913, Edwin S. Pridham and Peter L. Jensen, founders of Commercial Wireless and Development, in Napa lab with worlds first loudspeaker; May 1915, Worlds First Loudspeaker named the Magnavox, Latin for Great Voice.. Find the Value of your Magnavox Radio. 1958 1958 Magnavoxs first stereophonic high-fidelity unit was introduced in 1958. Read our Cookie Policy. These pianos can sell for between View more in our Magnavox Radio Price Guide. A screwdriver-adjustable balance control is reached through the center of the bass control's shaft. She also has the manual and sales brochure, too. Some dealers refinish radios and sell them as decorative accessories. It's a Magnavox Magnasonic X10, model #1-SC601, the one on the left on the catalog page (see attached illustration). The cabinet is solid wood (all walnut, I think) or actual veneer on plywood for the flat surfaces, any trim that looks like metal actually is metal, and the tuner dial is glass. Thanks everyone. Location: Lehighton, PA. 1969 model 3331. It is trapazoildal in shape and has a tan-ish cloth on the sides. All Rights Reserved. Found the limiter plate voltage swinging erratically even with a station tuned in properly. (recently serviced) Speakers: 2 -15" woofers and 2- 8" horn tweeters w/crossover. Remounted and reconnected the transformer and tried the set again. In addition to the actual radios, collectors also seek advertising, banner, booklets, brochures, catalog, instructions, magazine advertising, manuals, and schematics. Found a good used spare 6U5/6E5 and replaced it for a nice green glow that nearly closes on strong AM stations and closes completely on strong FM. WebMagnavox Imperial Contemporary Classic Record Player stereo console - $550.00 Local Pickup or Best Offer 22 watching Vintage Magnavox FP1413SL01 Belt Drive Turntable Automatic Return Record Player $49.99 $21.37 shipping Vintage Magnavox MCM Console End Table Stereo With Speaker 1969 Working $700.00 Local Pickup or Best Offer 22 broadcast signal in WebMagnavox stereo console with AM/FM tuner (restored) and Imperial Micromatic 4 spd. 1959 1959 Magnavox Stereo Console Identification : r/vintageaudio Can someone help me identify this model? Since I was anxious to get something quickly, the initial unit I bought was a mid-1970s solid-state system with AM, FM-stereo, a record changer, and an eight-track! I've tries googling the model number to no avail. It carried the AKAI label. Web1. Odyssey, the first home video gaming system in the country was introduced in 1972. Those caps were leaky and were replaced. Antique Radio Forums Index Category Phonographs, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests. I've tries googling the model number to no avail. We use the Magnavox regularly for FM-stereo background music or playing LPs for entertainment or dancing and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Identification is via the model numbers on the separate chassis. I've attached photos. The model number won't help with finding service information for Magnavox - you'll need the chassis numbers, which will be on on the amplifier and tuner chassis (sometimes combined into one). And what about Scooter you may ask? Next, I pulled the rectifier tubes and checked the transformer for the usual filament and transformer heating test. Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. the Amazon Associates Program via amazon.com. 25 pages. ELECTRO VOICE 242 Ceramic Record Player Pickup for Magnavox 560367-1 etc. It also has a switch-selected "external" line input that will enable connecting a more modern device for tube-era sound. The first television set to be produced in Greeneville occurred in July 1950. WebMagnavox Radios, Phonographs, Record Changers, and Tape Recorder Factory Service Manuals with Schematics: These Factory Service Manuals including Schematics are scanned in high resolution directly from the original Magnavox Factory Service Manuals published by Magnavox from 1937 through 1942. old high-quality homebrew Ham Bands Receiver. The unit was name the Mayfair when production began. -- the noise was gone and has stayed that way. New cartridge (also from an A.R.C. Find the turntable from the back. WebJoined: Apr Thu 20, 2017 4:00 am. The FCC Approved the standard stereo F.M. Hi - I'm trying to identify the year of a magnavox phonograph and radio console we have. Dating from 1947, it covers the AM broadcast band, the short waves from 5.5 to 17 MHz, and the "new" post-war FM band. The cost was $79.95. Who makes the plaid blue coat Jesse stone wears in Sea Change? WebGeorge Collins Curator 50 Smokey View Dr. Greeneville, TN 37745 E-mail: shay46@earthlink.net Cell: 423-525-0240 April 1961. The front and top sliding panels were reverse painted glass. The Magnavox Historical Preservation Association. WebEscuchar Radio Pichincha 95.3 FM online. WebGeorge Collins Curator 50 Smokey View Dr. Greeneville, TN 37745 E-mail: shay46@earthlink.net Cell: 423-525-0240 Hi - I'm trying to identify the year of a magnavox phonograph and radio console we have. Since it is stereo, and doesn't appear to have FM multiplex, I'd place it closer to 1960. Also, assuming the record player hasn't been swapped out in the past, that's a good way to check. The function switch provides an "aux" position intended for a tape deck (record outputs are also included), but now handy for cassette or CD use.