View all firearms and accessories available through our nationwide network on our website Ventura Supply. [14] Mr. Mller realized balanced flight has to do with the nature of spin stabilized flight and scale of parameters. Because of Chey-Tac's pointing fingers at Jamison Intl. After much research and reading I decided to have the rifle custome rebuilt at a local gunshop that had two very knowledgable gunsmiths who lived for building accurate F-Class rifles. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. (PRE-ORDERS NOT INCLUDED). Standard Cheytac Build Specs Stiller TAC 408 action 1.6 dia, Fluted bolt with tactical bolt knob M16 style extractor for positive extraction Mcree , McMillan A5 & A6 super mag, McMillan ELR Beast 2 (single shot only), Cadex , PDC Custom Chassis APA Bastard Gen 2 muzzle brake Jewel trigger with bottom safety, Huber For a typical .375 CheyTac chambered gun, shooting 24.30gram (375 gr) Lost River Ballistic Technologies bullets (claimed G1 BC = 1.02) at 930m/s (3050ft/s) muzzle velocity, the supersonic range would be 2,230 m (2,440 yd) under International Standard Atmosphere sea level conditions (air density = 1.225kg/m3). This inevitably reduces the seal of the bullet in the barrel, allowing hot gunpowder gases to reach the sides of the projectile, vaporizing some of the material and depositing it in the bore. Any Ideas or thoughts? Because the .408 CheyTac offers a large and sturdy, pressure resistant cartridge case it has become quite popular among wildcatters. Click to reveal After that video, I was hooked. Clear (.408 CheyTac Wikipedia Page) 1 Item(s) Found Page 1 1. from 2013 to 2021) is a specialized rimless, bottlenecked, centerfire cartridge for military long-range sniper rifles that was developed by Dr. John D. Taylor and machinist William O. Wordman. More about balanced flight can also be found in the CheyTac Information Papers.[12]. These semi-custom bolt actions are used with other high grade rifle and sighting components to build custom sporting and target rifles. Precision Shooting magazine reported that CheyTac in terms of flatness of trajectoryoutperformed from 30 50% competitors including .338 LM. Cheyenne Tactical resizing die for resizing brass for 408 CheyTac loads. The BDR is loaded with a 305 grain (19.76 g) bullet (claimed G1 BC = 0.612) and is intended for short and medium range application using the point-blank range aiming method.[12]. Lapua Ltd. solved this problem when they used the .416 Rigby as the parental case to the .338 Lapua Magnum. Get your smith to spin a barrel on and bed it into a good stock and you'll be ready to roll. The M408 substantially reduces recoil, allowing for quicker follow up shots. High(Bid) Time(Left) 13554124. An example of a blown out .408 CheyTac variant is the .408 Baer. Importer of Firearms The main parameter for achieving stable transonic transition is controlling the drag coefficients (Cd) and forward velocity loss around Mach 1 and to a lesser degree controlling the spin deceleration. This means that .408 Cheyenne Tactical chambered arms in C.I.P. The .408 Cheyenne Tactical is based on the .400 Taylor Magnum, which itself is based on a modified .505 Gibbs, necked down to 0.408inches (10.36mm). TORMENTO V - MED FLAT BROWN - .375 CHEYTAC- 30", TORMENTO V - DARK OLIVE DRAB GREEN - .375 CHEYTAC- 30", TORMENTO V - DARK GREY - .408 CHEYTAC- 30". $2693 00. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. GunAuction.com Master List. Looks to me like there is a wealth of information available from people who really know their stuff. I have never tried a cartridge that has to be necked down. $2,801.00. [11] The .408 CheyTac projectile remains supersonic up to 2,300 yards (2,100 m) according to Extreme Firearms. We started in 2010 to offer competitively priced specialty and bulk ammo. Now taking Pre-orders! I know it is made to work and not looks though. Description. We have since opened the best gun store in Las Vegas offering the same great prices and dedication to top-notch customer service. To achieve balanced flight the linear drag has to be balanced with the rotational drag to keep the very fine nose (meplat) of the bullet pointed directly into the oncoming air. Not enough data to accurately predict used value. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. regulated countries are currently (2016) proof tested at 550.00MPa (79,771psi) PE piezo pressure. Lost River Ballistic Technologies (statement of Mr. Warren Jensen) stated that "the .408 CheyTac is the first bullet/rifle system that utilizes what they call a balanced flight projectile. regulated countries every rifle cartridge combo has to be proofed at 125% of this maximum C.I.P. Lost River Ballistic Technologies also designed a 305 grain (19.76 g) bullet for the Battlefield Domination Round (BDR). I have since sold that build and want something that will be just as accurate as the Cheytac M200 or M96 Windrunner but without all the frills. [7] In 2021 it was deregistered by the C.I.P. Micrometer is for precise, consistent OAL handloads, the internals are designed to keep your roundsround. I have been talking with Mcreeseprescision and he also said that he would recommend a Stiller tactical action. and was outfitted with a 20MOA picatiny scope base, HS Prescision fully adjustable tactical stock, badger ordanance magazine fed triggergaurd, and a burris tactical optic. Long Range Extreme Tactical Rifle starting at $7123 - Hill Country Rifles 375 Cheytac, 408 Cheytac, ELR matches, ELR shooting, King of 2 Miles, King of Two Miles, Longest shot, best long range rifle Cliquez sur "Plus d'options" pour afficher plus d'informations, y compris sur la manire de grer vos paramtres de confidentialit. Federal Firearms License: 1-56-13945 Jamison International states the G1 BC of this bullet on their website currently (2009) at 0.940. Copyright 2010-2017 Ventura Munitions. I have always just gone with rounds that were either factory or the Akley Improved. RWS Custom Guns CUSTOM Sniper Tactical 375 408 CHEYTAC - .408 CheyTac: 0 4d 12h 6m 1. The barrel and action sat on my parts shelf until this past December. Hinterland #: 153668. Title. 4d 9h 25m. If not in stock, this item is custom made to order. certified and became an officially registered and sanctioned under the 375 Chey Tac or 9.577mm designation. One noted downside to the use of solid mono metal projectiles is that they tend to increase the fouling left in the rifle barrel after they are fired. CheyTac Rifles. "[13], The balanced flight projectile patent can be found at the US Patent Office, Controlled spin projectile, US PAT No. The predictable nature of the .408 / .375 CheyTac made the round ideal for a computer program to assist the operators when working at extreme ranges resulting in the beginning of the CheyTac System and one of the first fullyintegrated ballistic computers, now available for download or embedded in hand held computers and phones. .408 Cheyenne Tactical maximum C.I.P. They are as follows, 257 Roberts AI, 6.5X284 Norma, and 300 weatherby. That company went under and i know there is a few places that make the ammo and projectiles. The BC changes during a projectile's flight and stated BC's are always averages for particular range-speed regimes. Besides changing the shape and internal volume of the parent cartridge case, wildcatters also can change the original caliber. Add to cart. It was ranked the #1 sniper rifle in the world by The Military Channel. The company has an exclusive license to U.S. Patent 6,629,669, for the manufacture of the Balanced Flight Technology/Controlled Spin bullet. I have a bit of experience with the .338's as well. Using the word cheap, and .408 platform in the same sentence is screaming "compromise", "compromise", "compromise". The rifle has an over the barrel bipod system built onto the barrel shroud with carry handle. Kestrel 4500 NV Weather Tracker with Bluetooth, Kestrel 4500NV Weather Tracker with Bluetooth. This is a brand new Victrix Armaments Tormentum rifle in .408 Cheytac. Colt 408 Cheytac 100% Titanium Threaded #1687 NFA - .408 CheyTac $999.99: 0 $999.99 2d 18h 12m 1. During ignition, the cartridge's base, forward to the bolt face, is not supported. CheyTac USA is a family of professional gun builders, designers, manufacturers, and marksmen. In other words, any bullet with appropriate drag behaviour around Mach 1 and mass (distribution) will do exactly what the balanced flight projectile patent states. .408 CheyTac Rifles For Sale Rifles.408 CheyTac with a high bid of $100.00 or MORE. Action: CheyTac Long Action 40 MOA Base. This said, I was hoping to get some good info and help on my latest endevor. $15.99. As of 2007, the .375in (9.5mm) caliber variants seemed to attract the most attention. In 2008 factory loaded .408 CheyTac 420-grain (27.22 g) lead core bullets with 955 copper jackets became available. Overview. (Commission Internationale Permanente pour l'Epreuve des Armes Feu Portatives) rulings the .408 Cheyenne Tactical can handle up to 440.00MPa (63,817psi) Pmax piezo pressure. Factory .408 CheyTac ammunition is expensive, starting at around $7 per round with Jamison International 419-grain (27.15 g) very-low-drag projectiles. Due to harmonics and a more stable shooting platform as well as an accurized assembly, the accuracy of the M408 is greatly enhanced. Packaged ten (10) cartridges to the box. The THOR M408 rifle is the ultimate in long range precision. Why not build a 338 snipe tac 408 necked down to 338. Your IP: Might go shoot a doe at extended range this Christmas hunt to test it out. Some of the products on this website can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known by the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7c06afd87aa32cc3 A picatinny rail, adjustable mono-pod, bi-pod and (1) five shot magazine are included. You are using an out of date browser. The M408 rifle system is built by a collaborative effort of the original design, development and production team of the M200 .408 We are pleased to offer the full line of THOR 408 and 375 rifles with quick turnaround and short lead times for custom builds. The .408 / .375 CheyTac is the first cartridge developed to be more accurate, to be effective at short distance and fully capable to outdistance and to retain more kinetic energy down range than all currently available calibers including the 12.7mm cartridge. There are currently 6557 In Stock from 2224 Dealer Stores. When built to expectation such rifles are very accurate0.5 MOA or better consistent accuracy for a particular rifle optimized ammunition is considered normal. Purchase Now. This article implies that knowing how a BC was established is almost as important as knowing the stated BC value itself. That being said it is still extremely high priced, but then again so is 338 lapua and 50 BMG. The .408 Cheyenne Tactical became officially registered by the Commission Internationale Permanente pour l'Epreuve des Armes Feu Portatives (C.I.P.) [12] The average ballistic coefficient of the 419 grain (27.15 g) is 0.945 over 3,825 yards (3,500 m). A 408 based rifle need not cost much more than a 338 Lapua. I do agree that this would be a nice setup but I have not been able to find a .408 barrel that is long enough and that is made for the tolerances of a solid machined bullet. Micrometer is for precise, consistent OAL handloads, the internals are designed to keep your rounds.round. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. One pass of 375 CT brass through the dies and you are there. Cheyenne Tactical resizing die for resizing brass for 408 CheyTac loads. Increased balance designed to work better with suppressor. Si vous cliquez sur "Tout accepter", nous utiliserons galement des cookies et d'autres donnes pour : Si vous cliquez sur "Tout refuser", nous n'utiliserons pas de cookies pour ces fins supplmentaires. I have also used the pistol powder and corn meal method. CheyTac Balanced Flight Bullet, Sierra MatchKing (SMK), 20 Round Box, 100 Round Box, 200 Round Ammo Can. Single Bushing For Chamber Reamers and Barrel Tools[nopix], Bushing Sets For Chamber Reamers and Barrel Tools[nopix], (SAAMI) Centerfire Pistol & Revolver Headspace Gauges [nopix], (SAAMI) Centerfire Rifle Headspace Gauges [nopix], Shotgun / South American and European Big Bore Headspace Gauges[nopix], 2 Flute - Single End Square Carbide Mill Cutters[nopix], 2 Flute - Double End Square Carbide Mill Cutters[nopix], 2 Flute - Single End Ball Nose Carbide Mill Cutters[nopix], 2 Flute - Double End Ball Nose Carbide Mill Cutters[nopix], 4 Flute - Single End Square Carbide Mill Cutters[nopix], 4 Flute - Double End Square Carbide Mill Cutters[nopix], 4 Flute - Single End Ball Nose Carbide Mill Cutters[nopix], 4 Flute - Double End Ball Nose Carbide Mill Cutters[nopix], 2 Flute 60 Degree Carbide Drill Mills[nopix], 4 Flute 60 Degree Carbide Drill Mills[nopix], 2 Flute 90 Degree Carbide Drill Mills[nopix], 4 Flute 90 Degree Carbide Drill Mills[nopix], High Speed Steel (HSS) Dovetail Cutter[nopix], Remington Barreled Actions - Actions - Receivers, Remington Short Chambered or Stock Ready Barreled Actions, Remington 700 Actions - Blueprinted & Custom, Single Bushing For Chamber Reamers and Barrel Tools, Bushing Sets For Chamber Reamers and Barrel Tools. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. For now the 415 Cutting Edges are being ran, but I have yet to shoot anything and see what kind of terminal performance they have. Add To Cart. Fixed drag curve models generated for standard-shaped projectiles or BC modelling are the most common method used but not an advanced nor desirable method to model the long range flight behavior of projectiles. Carry handle allows for convenient transport as well as a collapsible buttstock for compact storage. 13554124. The .408 / .375 CheyTac is the first cartridge developed to be more accurate, to be effective at short distance and fully capable to outdistance and to retain more kinetic energy down range than all currently available calibers including the 12.7mm cartridge. This rifle sets the standard worldwide for special operations teams needing a specialized system capable of hard and soft target interdiction at ranges beyond 2,000 meters. The .375 offers lower recoil, faster time to target, and many ammunition options including; ballistic tip and solid core. Both have SMK support. Pricing and lead time may vary for international orders. The oldest factory .408 CheyTac ammunition uses bullets designed by Warren S. Jensen and originally produced by Lost River Ballistic Technologies. Trigger: Stailess Steel Adjustable Match Trigger 1-3 Pounds. List of individual weapons of the U.S. Armed Forces, "A Ballistic Discussion - A Discussion with Lost River's Warren Jensen about Ballistic Coefficients, Drag Curves and Calculations", Lutz Mller's .408 Cheyenne Tactical Bullets Page, Lapua product brochure .338 Lapua Magnum ammunition, .408 Cheytac Intervention at World of Firearms, .408 CheyTac Trip Report, Shooters' Observations and Test Results by Dean Michaelis, Controlled spin projectile at Google Patents, Quo Vadis GmbH webpage on the .408 Chey Tac (including images), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=.408_Cheyenne_Tactical&oldid=1138433200, Lawton Machine LLC. development and production team of the M200 .408 We are pleased . The rotational mass/surface area ratio is too high. CheyTac M200. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. It should result in very little precession and yaw at extreme range and allows accurate flight back through the transonic region. Be the first to review this product! I would not go .408 unless you can get a 1-11" twist barrel, 1-13" is too slow to stabilize the 419gr Cheytac bullets. Dimension Overall length closed: 1201 mm (47.28") Overall length open: 1447 mm (56.97") With muzzle brake and barrel length 30" fluted. The micrometer adjustable seating die has wide knurling for . Another few rounds that I have been interested in is the 375 cheytac and the 338 remington ultra mag akley improved. I ordered it on a Wednesday afternoon and it was delivered on Friday. It does not seem to matter right now which direction you go because even reloading supplies are hard to find and it seems like everything is expensive now. After extensive research, the .408 / .375 CheyTac was born. Effective Range: 2500 Meters Plus. Magazine: 2- 7 round detachable box mag. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ALL AMMUNITION SALES ARE FINAL. Current Top Sellers. is how we first contacted Jamison. In Stock. The price is incredible for the quality you are getting. The 375 CT is really simple due to the fact the brass is readily available for less than Lapua brass and a 338/408 CT Max isn't much harder. They deliver great Ammo with a fast , and I mean fast delivery time! The projectile has a mass of 370 grains (24.0 g). Bids. We promise to never spam you, and just use your email address to identify you as a valid customer. The round was designed with a possible military need for a cartridge for anti-personnel, anti-sniper, and anti-materiel roles with a (supersonic) precision range of 2,200 yards (2,000 m). Sizer die has a shorter OAL for better shoulder bump-back, and tighter internal tolerances. The .375 Viking bullet had an overall length of 70mm (2.756in) and derived its anticipated low drag from a radical LD Haack or Sears-Haack profile in the bullet's nose area. [4] 338 Snipe-Tac,. Guaranteed sub-MOA. Bipod: Included. CheyTac LLC claims that the 26.95gram (419 gr) projectile has a supersonic range of 2,200+ yards (2,011+ m) at 'standard air conditions'. It is a standard .408 Cheytac,no variant. Due to this, CheyTac USA added .375 CheyTac to the factory chamberings for the Intervention.[6]. Haha that Noreen ULR action doesn't look very attractive. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7c06afd3d8dd8865 Hello all. The SOCOM408-ELR is optimized for .408 CheyTac bolt-action precision sniper rifles and Extreme Long-Range (ELR) enthusiast rifles. The barrel is removable and replaceable by the operator. It may not display this or other websites correctly. High(Bid) Time(Left) 17275783. The .408 Cheyenne Tactical chambering is offered for these factory rifles: Several high quality large tactical and match (semi) custom bolt actions were designed for the .408 Cheyenne Tactical cartridge and were becoming available as of 2007. It implies that among several other preconditions the rifle barrel has to have specific rifling dimensions to achieve a desired amount of axial air drag on the bullet's surface, which reduces the bullet's spin rate to achieve balanced flight. Vous pouvez aussi consulter la page, Nos objectifs en matire de dveloppement durable, Proposer les services Google et s'assurer qu'ils fonctionnent correctement, Suivre les interruptions de service et protger contre le spam, les fraudes et les abus, Mesurer l'engagement de l'audience et les statistiques des sites pour comprendre la faon dont nos services sont utiliss et pour amliorer leur qualit, Dvelopper de nouveaux services et les amliorer, Diffuser des annonces et valuer leur efficacit, Proposer des contenus personnaliss en fonction de vos paramtres, Afficher des annonces personnalises en fonction de vos paramtres. Mar 10, 2012. Pricing and lead time may vary for large or international orders. HSM - The Hunting Shack, Inc. - 408 CheyTac. In theory, Mr. Mller calculated that a typical .375 CheyTac chambered gun, shooting his now defunct 26.44gram (408 gr) .375 Viking bullets (claimed G1 BC = 1.537) at 870m/s (2854ft/s) muzzle velocity, would have a supersonic range of 3,090 m (3,380 yd) under International Standard Atmosphere sea level conditions (air density = 1.225kg/m3). It is 100% designed, engineered, and made in the U.S.A. to the most . 45.33.21.96 Riflescope, scopemount, bipod, and muzzle brake sold separately. The very-low-drag bullets are made by Rocky Mountain Bullets in Philipsburg, Montana and have a rebated boattail and a claimed ballistic coefficient (G1 BC) of 0.874.[9]. Better bullet selection than the 408 and you can get barrels. The micrometer adjustable seating die has wide knurling for precise hand adjustment at the loading bench. Les contenus non personnaliss dpendent, par exemple, du contenu du site que vous consultez, de l'activit de votre session de recherche en cours et de votre position. In fact, the entire rifle is maintainable at the operator level including complete tear down. Winchester 408 Cheytac 100% Titanium Threaded #1687 NFA - .408 CheyTac. Improvement beyond this standard while still using standard .375 CheyTac brass is possible, but the bullets have to be very long and the normal cartridge overall length has to be exceeded. TTI armory - TTI Armory Contact Us. We are hand built to perfection in Tennessee. No Reserve. Currently available at the New York Beretta Gallery; please call (212)319-3235 for more information. Does anybody have any experience with this rifle or maybe know of something better in around the $3000 range? Les annonces non personnalises dpendent du contenu du site que vous consultez et de votre position approximative. $5.99. High velocity and equally high ballistic coefficient produce unmatched supersonic flight beyond 2,200 yards. It would be a start for you. AMAZING turn-around on all three of my orders. I will have to research the cartridge you speak of and see what I would need to neck the round down. Extreme Firearms claimed the G1 BC of the same .408 CheyTac projectile to average 0.945 to 2000 meters and it drops to the low 0.900s to 2800 meters. Rated 4.00 out of 5 based on 3 customer ratings. Includes one 5-round magazine and a padded hard case with wheels. In stock. In modern solidhead cases, the hardness of the brass is the major factor that determines a case's pressure limit before undergoing plastic deformation. Buy a CHEY-TAC CHEY TAC M310 USA, 408 CHEY TAC CALIBER, COMPLETE SNIPER RIFLE SYSTEM IN ITS CASE, NIGHT-FORCE SCOPE for sale by RickNPete on GunsAmerica.com the best online marketplace for buying and selling semi auto pistols, firearms, accessories, and collectibles : 970300254 . The gun has a 30" barrel and an advanced, folding, adjustable buttstock. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Title. Special Occupational Tax Holder, TORMENTO V - DARK OLIVE DRAB GREEN - .408 CHEYTAC- 30", TORMENTO V - DARK GREY- .375 CHEYTAC- 30". 185.132.42.81 For more information click here. Armscor 22lr High Velocity 36gr HP Ammo - 50 Rounds, Wolf Polyformance 7.62x39 122gr Copper FMJ (Non-Magnetic) Range Safe Ammo - 20 Rounds, Aguila SuperExtra .22 LR 38gr HV Copper Plated HP - 50 Rounds, Wolf Military Classic 6.5 Grendel 100gr FMJ Ammo - 20 Rounds, Armscor M200 5.56x45 Blanks Blank Ammo - 20 Rounds, Ventura Heritage 32-40 Winchester 180gr RNFP Ammo - 20 Rounds, Armscor 5.56 NATO 62gr SS109 M855 FMJ Ammo - 20 Rounds, Wolf .300 AAC Blackout 145gr FMJ Steel Cased Ammo - 20 Rounds, Armscor 45 ACP 230gr FMJ Ammo - 50 Rounds, Black Hills 5.56mm 77gr OTM Ammo - 50 Rounds, Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 22LR 40gr HV Copper Plated RN - 50 Rounds, RIO 12ga 2.75" 00 Buck #9 Shot Ammo - 5 Rounds, Ammo INC 38 Special 125gr TMC Ammo - 50 Rounds, Ammo INC 380 ACP 100gr TMC Ammo - 50 Rounds, Magpul PMAG 30 AR15/M4 Gen M2 MOE 5.56x45mm Magazine Black, Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115gr FMJ Ammo - 50 Rounds, Ventura Heritage 38-55 Winchester 255gr RNFP Ammo - 20 Rounds, Speer LE 9mm +P 124gr Gold Dot HP Ammo - 50 Rounds, Ventura Heritage 6mm Rem 100gr BTSP Ammo - 20 Rounds, Ventura Supply Co. Firearms for Special Order, Ventura Heritage 408 Cheytac 419gr BT Ammo - 20 Rounds. It is offered as a competitor to the most common military NATO long-range service cartridges such as .338 Lapua Magnum and the .50 BMG. like the .408 Chey Tac. He used a .408 CheyTac caliber rifle, with a scope mounted in an extreme 270 MOA inclination.. From what I can understand from the french press release he fired 12 rounds and had 3 hits. Items that are in stock will ship within 7 days. CheyTac CT15 AR-15 Type Semi-Automatic Rifle 16" Vanadium Barrel .223/5.56 30 Round - CT15CTSTK. I have heard of this wildcat but not had any expereince with it. This product hasn't received any reviews yet. SureFire's combat-ready suppressor is constructed of military-grade, American titanium, one of the world's lightest and most durable materials. Orders for backordered items are fulfilled within 60 days. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. The .408, 419 grain, solid has an initial muzzle velocity of 2950FPS and remains stable through the transonic period of flight which heavily destabilizes other, heavier traditional long range projectiles. We promote peace and empower freedom through masterfully crafted weapons built for those who believe in the land of the free and the home of the brave. Category: Sniper rifles Tags: buy guns online, CheyTac M200, guns shop online, handguns for sale. Other manufacturers, such as Rocky Mountain Bullet Company/Vigilance Rifles, GS Custom Bullets, Lehigh Bullets & Design, Lutz Mller and TTI Armory have developed lead-core or mono metal very-low-drag projectiles for the .408 CheyTac. No Reserve. cartridge dimensions. On the exact day that I received this barrel, the customer that I was building the 408 CheyTac backed out of the project. I have factory ammo by Jamison International. I just want something simple and accurate. CheyTac 408 CheyTac 419gr Rifle Ammo - 20 Rounds - CheyTac USA began development with the concept that a dedicated cartridge with greater kinetic energy (past 400 yards) and greater distance capability than the 12.7mm, but a much milder recoil than the .338 LM, was the next step in ballistic technology for military and LEO snipers, Big Game Cheytac CT10308 CT .308 AR Platform 10rd. Push your limits even further with the CDX-40 SHADOW. According to the official C.I.P. HSM new factory.408 Cheytac Ammunition is manufactured in the USA for extreme long range shooting.