I have 4 repair shops in my area who are telling me its junk because of the Chinese parts it will need and its hard to get parts. Cover the motor and start. AGM batteries are capable of charging slightly faster, The batteries are spill-proof due to their acid encapsulation, AGM batteries are resistant to vibrations, They are less likely to have sulfation build up, The batteries work well in cold temperatures, The manufacturing cost of AGM batteries are more than flooded lead-acid batteries, They must be stored in a fully charged condition, Battery failure due to a third party outside electrical source or wiring issue. For optimum life and performance, we generally recommend a discharge of 20% 50% of the batterys rated capacity even though the battery is capable of being cycled to 80% discharge. The other great thing about these golf carts is that they are all street legal (in most states), so you can take your fun outside the course. If you decide to get warranty work done outside of the dealer who sold you your cart, the parts will be supplied to the non-selling dealer from the Manufacturer, however, the non-selling dealer may or may not charge labor. One of the biggest problems of the ICON Golf Cart is a motor-related problem. Through my Icon Golf Cart Reviews, I can conclude that these are the benefits: This table compares the Icon Golf Cart vs Club Car golf cart: No, Icon Golf Carts are not 4 wheel drive. When testing out the series, the dump bed was my favorite feature. Indeed it will seem like a great disaster. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. When trying it out, it topped out at a whopping 32 MPH. It could be due to a faulty potentiometer, a simple device that regulates the speed of your cart but can cause become the reason for your icon golf cart problems. An In-Depth Look, What Kind Of Clubs Does Topgolf Use? However, there are a few disadvantages as well. After trying out these carts and researching the company for this Icon golf Cart review, we can say that Icon gives you affordable golf carts without slacking in craftsmanship. [The Ideal Way]Continue, Has your truck been malfunctioning lately? If your carts battery is working fine, but your car is getting difficulties starting, it is time for you to replace the solenoid for better functioning. Your motor should start now. Golf cart charging problems are common and will occur at some point in the lifetime of your golf cart. Lets examine each of these issues independently so you can troubleshoot in a sensible and logical process and then find out what the problem is, whats causing it and how to fix it. Check out our Icon golf cart review. Thanx I was going to buy a used one that needed work but I will pass!! I like that this series offers options to use the vehicle for more than just cruising by offering utility box options. You will know it when it starts to move a lot slower. Nice place to work. The charger may be working, but if there isnt enough voltage in the batteries, the charger may not work correctly, and it may seem like the charger isnt working, when in fact, the batteries are to blame. (What To Look Out For), Putter Length By Height (Read this Chart), Loft of Wedges Explained (Fine Tune Your Bag). A faulty motor is a culprit behind some ICON golf cart problems, such as a hard start and sudden stalling. This is another issue that creates problems in Icon golf carts. Any build-up around the terminals needs to be cleaned off as this will prevent proper current flow through the batteries and the charger. Positive grid corrosion or growth due to high temperatures. Always keep your batteries topped off through the wintertime and lever go 30 days without charging. While driving the cart, suddenly, you may feel that you cannot pull the cable anymore. Press the button. Even after providing sufficient air pressure, if your tire gets inflated repeatedly, there might be some tire leaks. If your charger is currently plugged in to your golf cart. These carts are known for their smooth rides, stylish design, and utility features. When your golf cart isnt charging, the first place to check is the batteries, as more often than not, this is where the problem usually lies. Check each link cable depending on how many batteries you have and the golf cart voltage. Icon Golf Cart is the perfect street-legal electric cart that is suitable for both, residential and commercial needs. If the run time of a tire expires, it will inflate and be unusable. Unplug your golf cart charger from your golf cart. In most cases, this works fine. Unplug cart and turn the key on, at this point the gauge should be reset to 100%. If you are not technically capable of checking this, it would better be left to a qualified technician. A Guide To The Equipment At TopGolf Venues, Why Are Scotty Cameron Putters So Expensive? When a Club Carryall 2 starts acting weird, its problems are often hard to trace. Work performed outside of an authorized ICON dealer or ICON Service Factory Center may void the Limited Warranty. Luckily, the company offers a 2-year standard warranty on all their carts. The solenoid is a crucial component of golf carts, comprising a steel plunger and a thin wire coil going around the plunger. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'golfertroop_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_10',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-golfertroop_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); Several steps can be taken to overcome the problems created due to the malfunction of the brake. You will not hear a clicking sound while starting the cart if the solenoid is damaged. The i20 provides a smooth ride and is equipped with standard equipment. Inspect the battery to see if it is still functional. Currently there is no way to add a lift or lower the lifted carts at this time. See ourTerms and Conditionsfor more information. The thread of the lug studs is a standard size. Depleted batteries will have minimal charge, which will prevent the charger from operating, as discussed above. Just like any other electric vehicle, you can increase the speed of your Icon by upgrading the inbuilt 48v motor to a higher volt motor. Recharge a deep cycle battery as soon as possible after each use to prevent sulfation. This mid-size model allows you to carry more passengers while maintaining style and comfort. Plug the vehicle in and leave until the charger shuts off by itself, Drive to discharge the batteries to 75% of battery pack capacity (see chart for voltage readings or use 9 holes of golf as a reference point). Icon has smoother suspension, fewer rattles, and is a nicer ride. Fill your slouching tires with sufficient air pressure. Yes, all the Icon vehicles come with a unique vehicle identification number. [Easy Solution], Troubleshooting Club Car Gas Golf Cart Common Problems, 5 Most Common Tracker EV IS Problems & Solutions, 7 Most Common Club Car Subaru Engine Problems [Easy Solution], 5 Most Common Yardsport YS200 Problems [Easy Solution], 6 Most Common Star EV Golf Cart Problems [Easy Solution], Put A Stamp On Your Wedge: Creative Wedge Stamping Ideas, Worst Golf Course In America? These are at no cost to the user and appreciate your continued support! Since a solenoid helps to start your cart, it becomes impossible to move your cart if the solenoid has any problem. You dont have to worry about the buildup of sulfation, and you also do not have to worry about watering the batteries. This cart also comes with necessities like a horn, a digital speedometer, seat belts, functional front and rear bumpers and side mirrors. However, if you follow a systematic analysis of the potential issues, you should be able to, at last, identify the problem and, in some cases, fix it yourself. If you would like to change the time, simply press the power button until your display screen shows the clock blinking. brushes, bearing, coil etc. The brake-related problem might occur because of a variety of reasons. Nous partageons galement des informations sur votre usage de notre site avec nos rseaux sociaux, publicitaires et partenaires d'analyse. The price varies based on the specifications, packages, and model chosen. 4-boltpatterns are measured in a straight line from center to center of two bolt holes sitting directly across from each other. If you are trying to start the cart, but the engine doesnt start or get the power, there is a likely battery-related problem. In addition, you should verify the condition of the cables. The signs to know that there are some problems with the brake are- the feel of the brake pedal may change if pushed. https://yardfloor.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. If the solenoid is not totally damaged, experts may repair the parts of it and you can drive your cart again. Failing to start is a frequent problem with electric vehicles, which you may encounter due to various reasons. The top speed of these golf carts is part of why they can be labeled as low-speed vehicles and be street legal. Because a solenoid is a cylindrically shaped wire coil that sends electric current to the motor for proper cart operation, it will likely stop operating at some time if you run your golf cart regularly. These four series are called ICON i20, ICON i40, ICON i60, and i80. Golf carts run on either 48V or 36V and some newer ones 72 volts and usually have 6 volt, 8 volt, or 12 volt batteries to power them. Part of the golf carts regular maintenance should focus on the tires, where you inflate them if they are low on pressure. You may follow the below methods if your icon golf cart encounter has encountered motor related problems. Low charge. After that, swap out the old tire with a fresh one. Check Your Connections. Sometimes, the fuse in the charger may have blown, and it needs to be replaced. Kodiak Golf Carts include: 2-Year Warranty New 48-V Lithium Batteries with 5 year warranty Heavy-Duty GOLF CART SEATS - UPHOLSTERY $0 (Las Vegas 89120) $7,000 Oct 6 Yamaha G29 Golf Cart $7,000 (Henderson) $0 Oct 6 ICON - i60 Electric 6 Passenger golf Cart $0 $9,999 Oct 6 Freedom Golf Carts . Use distilled water only! A new solenoid of course will serve better than an old or damaged one. This is a common issue behind a problematic brake. When tested for this Icon golf cart review, these Icon golf carts went up to a top speed of 27 MPH. The i40 series is a mid-size model offering seating for four passengers. Recharge the pack every 2 weeks if the car is sitting idle or in storage, and when in doubt, recharge it. We had to replace the charger for our cart as it was not functioning properly. Convenient storage: With a storage compartment, this golf cart allows for easy storage of golf accessories. If there are loose nuts and bolts, your cart definitely wont run. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. There may well be no problem with the wiring or the batteries, but the charger itself may be having issues, and this is the reason your golf cart isnt charging. Tomberlin Golf Cart Review: A Good Pick For 2023? I don't know of any that with a standard setup (your is a standard setup) that requires a special 20amp dedicated line. The brakes may fail to engage, or the pedal feels hard when you step on it. Damage because of poor charging habits. Unparalleled track record. There are a few uncomplicated issues that can be resolved without the assistance of a professional. I enjoy it when things have multiple uses. The electric one requires deep-cycle batteries. . All batteries, regardless of their chemistry, self-discharge. To resolve this issue, replace the cable, try to flatten it out, tighten the lift kit nuts, or have an expert complete these tasks if you lack the necessary tools. Corrosion. Therefore, the best time to water your batteries is always at the end of the charge cycle. So, if your golf cart isnt starting, it is the most evident sign of an icon golf cart battery issue. In case of a puncture, you will need a tire repair kit to fix the complication. This model provides a smooth ride and maintains style and comfort while increasing passenger capacity. At a 40% state of charge, electrolyte will freeze if the temperature reaches approximately 16F. If the battery water is empty then fill it. The point of this section is to explore the fact that your golf cart may well be charging correctly, but you are misdiagnosing a charging problem when the golf cart doesnt work or run when its really a component problem. They are based in Tampa, Fl, where most of their vehicles are made. This series also has other trim options available. Crevasses and loose connections in the wires are the two most common causes of the icon golf cart problems. Power: 1200W. Batteries are warranted for a period of 2 years from the date of sale.