What sets this 10 meter radio above others of the same sort, is how it obtains 38 CTCSS & 104 DCS codes to guarantee communication privacy for two ham radios with identical tone. So, we suppose that you can also see this radio as a radar detector too. You will also have access to weather stations. I highly recommend the radio for harsh conditions. The best advantages that I can see in this 10 meter radio from President Electronics are the effective VOX function together with CTCSS/DCS codes. If you want a portable 11-meter ham radio, then that is what you are going to get with the Cobra HHRT50. sure wish i had got that nomad tuned 2950 for a C note from 2020 when i got that 500v from him last year !! This radio is basically like the older Galaxy Saturn radios with more power. Lower sideband takes a special mod. The HTX is VERY similar to a HR2510 in the ssb/cw circuitry----it is a great little radio. LSB mod takes about an hour or two for a good technician. There are very few buttons and knobs on this CB radio. The President Richard is the best bang for the buck. And then, usually a simple diode clip and you got 11 bands. In fact, we reckon you may not even need to read the instruction manual while you are trying to get to grips with it. Without the poor device packaging that can be improved at ease in the future, this one is highly commended among the range of Galaxy 10 meter radios due to a bunch of convenient features for its users. Its microphone includes a PTT (push-to-talk) side key to enable prompt voice transmission. 5 Rue De La Republique, Grenoble, Isere, 38000. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 12. You are using an out of date browser. Each company we work with has specific experience requirements for their drivers. All of the 10 meter radio keys from AnyTone are made in big sizing and rubber material. Before we dive into the best 11-meter ham radios, we do want to take a small amount of time to walk you through how we chose these radios and a little bit about what 11-meter radio actually is. AM, FM, SSB, 80w, dual echo and talk-back. Obviously, it is going to boast all of your standard 11-meter features i.e. Because this 10 meter radio from the brand Connex contains dual MOSFET finals, it is able to reach peak AM power at 40W. I have scanners too . As far as I can tell, the fact that there is no backlit for this 10 meter radio set of keys has failed to live up with loads of customer expectations. I love my " new to me" Kenwood TS-440 with a Turner Plus 3 and Maco 5/8th's wave , I get great reports from all over and even get asked "Is that a Kenwood your running ?". All of the features loaded into the Uniden PRO520XL have been specially designed for use out there on the road. The FCC would not approve any such radio. This means 40 channels that you can easily navigate through, awesome sound quality, and access to emergency services at the push of a button. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola). Apart from the mission of signal transceiver, a lot of people take advantage of 10 meter radio to update local news and weather and listen to music as well. Galaxy DX-33HP2 10 Meter Mobile Ham Radio, 8. Why Do People Still Listen to the Radio? The microphone jack is located in the front to ensure that mounting this radio in tight areas would not be hard. Do you need a license to operate a 10 meter radio? This means that you will likely want a radio that you are not going to be spending an age fiddling about with. IF you want both in one unit you are going to have to purchase a 10 meter radio and expand the frequency coverage via modifications That Elco Guy Crafter Senior Member After scrolling through all of the comprehensive 10 meter CB radio reviews above, I believe that 10 meter radio brands like Galaxy, Stryker, President Electronics, AnyTone, Connex and General Lee have been quite impressive. The automatic SWR meter in this ham radio calibrates in advance of providing accurate signal measurement. Base station radio On the other hand, a base station 10 meter radio is seen as an upgraded and larger version of regular mobile radio. By obtaining such a strong armored receiver that rejects adjacent channels, it would not be a big deal to use it at truck stops. The reason for this is because the 10 Meter Radios are allowed to have more wattage/power output than CB Radios. Terms | A 10 meter radio kit enables quick wireless communication with other 10 meter radios through the provided microphone and blocks outer signals from interfering with your conversations. Moreover, its scan function does all the hard work and helps you with finding a suitable station. There's no problem having or running these radios. You could easily fit this into a car without it getting in your way. Here, we are going to cover 10 of the best 11-meters ham radios on the market. The best part is that while this is a quality system, it is not expensive in the slightest. An external speaker jack can be inserted from behind. CB Radio and 10 meter radios reviews - CB Radio and 10 meter Radio reviews & mods blog. If I want I can turn my Yaesu FT1000 MP Mark V into a 200 watt CB by just holding a couple of buttons when I turn on the power, but the audo on 2 meter FM is almost like a cell phone. guess ill stick with cb's . When you buy through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 6:07 pm: yaesu ft-757gx is a good radio for conversion to 11m. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Finally, all of these radios are high-quality radios. When Does Christmas Music Start on the Radio? Remember to lock the keypad after every use. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. If you are not specifically turning into a single channel, then you will be able to set it up to scan through 40 different channels at once. i have several new old stock units available. ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED, > IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONVERT A REALISTIC HTX-100 TO THE C.B. I hope that you have found something useful to your advantage through my personal knowledge and tips. 3 Years Their 10 meter radios contain the most effective functions and mobile designs. **New RCI-69 Base 10 Meter Radio RCI69 IN STOCK SEP 2020, UHF CB Head to Head - XCD 5W v Digitech DC-1068, Help with 1975 Hy-gain Hy-range II - Poor modulation, Threw up a free antenna, don't know what it is or if its right. How does it work? The channel and frequency display let you know where you currently are with the ham radio and you can take advantage of its dual-channel watch mode as well. Some will do a small order, but at around 45-100 bucks for a single crystal is no longer economical. 6 bands of operation are available to transmit and receive signals. Those were the good old days. Mobile handheld radio A 10 meter mobile handheld radio is certainly more popular thanks to the compact sizing and lightweight feature. Care to buy us a beer? Its output power requires at least 45W to work. Already have a discone up for scanners and previous receivers. One of the most noticeable downsides of the 10 meter amateur radio that has to be thoroughly concerned, is the commercial box arrived without protection for this device. Why should they cater to little, individual orders anymore? President McKinley USA 40 Channel CB Radio SSB 12/24V 4. I need to find a reputable radio technician, familiar with working on a Stryker radio. There is already a hi-cut filter for background noises but the brand still offers an optional module of CTCSS, which is usually regarded as tone squelch. Nothing talking to someone 5000 miles away using a walkie talkie. The powerful combo of ANL, NB and a hi-cut filter is more than enough to get rid of interfering noises in the background during conversations. I have been a trucker for 33 years and was tired of conversations that ended up in name calling or worse. To extend the functionality, you can connect up an external PA speaker. One of the most common questions that radio users ask on a regular basis is related to the 10 meter radio to CB conversion. Most customers are happy with how it performs in general so I hope the brand can continue this success. Sure, there may not be as many options available as there used to be in the world of ham radios. This and an antron 99. #5. Among a series of powerful and effective CB radios on the market, I am fond of the Ranger RCI 69FFB4 CB radio due to its impressive output power of 400W+ and fully chromed faceplate. to buy one radio of the finest 10 meter ones introduced above. This radio has truly been manufactured to be sturdy and impact-resistant from the outside so I have high hopes that it would be able to last for quite a long time. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I see that you would literally have all a radio user need in the device, especially its amazingly low rate of the signal distortion. Even though this feature is indeed a side one but I hope the brand can manage to repair and improve in the future. This will be able to keep you up to date with adverse weather conditions in the local area, which can be important when you are traveling on the road. In spite of being more rugged and having a more heavyweight construction than most other 10 meter radios, the front panel of this General Lee device has a simple design and layout to use. The ASQ is available to use in its AM/FM mode. At only 4.1 x 4.3 x 1 and weighing just shy of 15 ounces, the AnyTone Smart CB radio is without question the smallest hard mounted CB radio I have run to date. Job Listing Rules. This is great when you are out there on the road. In fact, even today, you will still hear people checking in on the 11-meters when they are traveling the roads of the US. However, if you dont want to rely on those automatic squelch settings, then you have a further 29 levels of manual squelch for even more control over the sounds that are coming from the Radioddity CB-27. president richard radio 11 meter mod. So a 10 band radio with the same power output would be worth $1000? First of all, I believe a lot of people still have no clue what is an 11 meter radio until now. Our guests praise the helpful staff and the comfy rooms . I think it is essential for all radios to obtain this feature because it will eliminate irrelevant sounds out of the communication. In addition, 10 meter ham radios from these trusted brands always come with warranty policies that are much beneficial for their customers in at least one year. It isnt why CB was originally designed, but it is how it is used nowadays. An extra radio meter of SWR means it is connected to a compatible antenna at ease. None of its functions is considered an irrelevant detail. Unlike other manufacturers, they are not going to try and lock you into buying specific products, which is always nice. When the signal does come through, the Cobra HH50 is able to remove around 90% of the extra noise to help ensure that the sound is crystal clear. Stryker SR-94HPC 10 Meter Radio 2. I find lots of potential benefits that the device can bring to its users inside a wide range of different cars. This is a radio that has been designed for those that want something practical that they can use on the road i.e. Which, before the channel (10 -> 11 meter) conversion, is 25.615 to 28.465 (no it doesnt transmit/receive all these frequencies but its receive circuitry is built to allow it more less). Help on CB to 10 Meter conversion.. 10. The best feature of the Uniden BearCat is the seven-color backlit display. What Channel is Newsmax on Sirius XM Radio? When users are making use of its echo board control, they can also turn the talkback feature on. Why Does My Sirius Radio Say No Signal? Almost all details on this ham radio are manufactured to a much more advanced and professional level. This means that we already had a solid idea of what makes a quality CB radio. This is a serious essential in all car radios, not just a 10 meter DMR one because it helps to lessen the amount of interrupted background noise that often create tactics. The entire transmission system, from amplifier output connector to the antenna should be as short as possible. This radio is programmable via an exclusive app on PC. Because the converting progress is different among diverse 10 meter radios, I would like to demonstrate a few regular procedures that are simple to apply. This is especially important as you probably dont want to spend too long looking at your radio when you are driving at blisteringly fast speeds. The menu is easily accessible on this radio digital screen and the microphone provides simple up and down channel selection. However, do bear in mind that this isnt really designed to be a hobbyist radio where you are constantly tinkering about with settings. It uses up 4 MOSFET dials to strongly produce more than 70W compared to the default power for its general service. It also provides an instant approach of Channel 9/19 in case of emergencies on the road. Other than legal issues, being able to transmit at 25+ watts rather than the FCC allowed 4 watts and cost of the unit being about $100+ rather than $50 or less for an entry level CB, what are the pro's and con's? stryker 955 hp 11 meter conversion - YouTube 0:00 / 2:05 stryker 955 hp 11 meter conversion DAVE WHITE 6.84K subscribers Subscribe Share 19K views 5 years ago stryker 955 hp 11 meter. In fact, Stryker CB radios are famously long-lasting. Its built-in S meter can be initiated to indicate the receiving signal strength. There is no need for another phone flashlight. I had one that I borrowed for years from Jay_in_the_Mojave and it was great. Mar 9, 2014. I have a Stryker 94 HPC and to add 11 meters all you have to do is snip a wire, plenty of youtubes out there on it. That is how users take care of the most powerful 10 meter radio. These are radios that are built to last. None of them cut corners. It will NOT do AM of FM, so if these are important to you, don't buy it. 11-meters ham radio has been designed for incredibly short transmission (normally a few miles). It is totally possible for users to enable a hands-free operation if the radio includes VOX. The sound quality is tremendous enough as it is. ANY IDEAS APPRECIATED, >> IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONVERT A REALISTIC HTX-100 TO THE C.B. IS THE > >> HTX-100 THE SAME AS A UNIDEN PRESIDENT? Next up, we have the first of three different Uniden units. CBs are basically cheap junk radios and wouldn't be worth a darn on 10 meters. Unfortunately, the fact that its channel display is around 4x higher than the frequency display is disturbing to a number of customers. Still,d despite the more classic look to this radio, it still offers some modern features. 1. When we >sell much better quaility radio's. You would want to approach places such as Amazon, Home Depot, Walmart, Best Buy, eBay and Costco, etc. Most CBers convert 10 meter radios to 11 meter AKA CB. There are some of us that live in areas with high interference, or perhaps a little bit too far away from people to get a perfect incoming transmission. However, it certainly has enough pizzazz and features to make it good for those with larger vehicles too. RCI-69 Base Radio. However, we will cap out at 3 (we will discuss another one of their range in a short while), This radio has an antenna built into the radio. from United Kingdom. 1 feet is equal to 30.48 centimeters: 1ft = 30.48cm. One of the cooler things about this radio is that it can easily be switched to PA mode. They're an inexpensive, fun and rewarding way to get on the top band for those who don't want, don't need or can't afford thousands of dollars worth of equipment.. What Doc said is correct. The radios that we have selected on this page have been selected because they are robust radios. We have another tiny 11-meter ham radio for you. It also has a built-in SWF meter to help ensure that you get your antenna set up properly to really boost the audio going into and out of your RoadKing RKCBCLASSIC. This is perfect for smaller vehicles. We wouldnt be surprised if you purchased one of these radios and it lasted you several years. The radio readability can be improved with its dimmer. Prefer a base station but those are thinning out to mobiles. The sound quality is going to get even better too. Of course, as with most base units like this, you are going to need to pick yourself up an antenna and an external speaker. Aug 27, 2011 #3 . It really is going to be a fantastic product if you are looking for an 11-meter radio for long travels on the roads. The story of cheap amateur rigs like the trope of the older, premium lab CRT based oscilloscopes being given away for $50 or being used for doorstops is more a net trope and not based in reality. Its knobs are simple to rotate and make the radio compatible with a 10m amp. I used to own one of these back in the 80's and would like another one if possible. Now that you've vented your spleen, go back and re-read what I posted. However, we can assure you that this is a product that will easily last you years. If a 10 meter radio is not engineered with ANL and NB, the voice transceiver process would not be optimized in general due to the lack of noise limitation. You should take note that a licensed 10 meter ham radio is allowed to function on the 10 meter band (or 12 in some cases) only, and not on the 11-meter Citizen Bands or dual services due to the regulations. Honestly, it is pretty hard to argue with that idea. But a CB antenna in its vertical configuration isnt gonna be much of an HF antenna. Its time-out timer (TOT) is helpful in setting the maximum time range for signal transmission. 10 meter radios are generally better radios than a CB. Last but not least, remember to take advantage of the product warranty during its valid window so all manufacturer defections can be dealt with for no extra charge. The QT40 is built with high-quality components and durable construction, providing reliable performance over the long term. Most people enjoy using this AnyTone 10 meter amateur radio for comprising a large LCD display that provides enough useful information for its users. Two modes of manual and automatic squelch control are quickly switched via a front button. If you wish to install this AnyTone radio kit into a truck, it can surely use a few simple steps of conversion into the best 10 meter CB radio that comprises 40 channels. Without this helpful lock, people might be able to push random buttons and rotate knobs that intervene with your signal transceiver. A particular highlight of the Radioddity CB-27 will be the squelch settings. Plugging jumper cables for connection change. 119 likes, 2 comments - Radio Raka FM Bandung (@rakafm_bandung) on Instagram: "#InfoRaka - #NewsInfo Gelombang air laut di pantai Pangandaran naik hingga meluap ke tepian ruas . Enjoy free WiFi, breakfast, and 24-hour room service. Don't care for the 6 pin mic but you can get a adapter ( 6 to 4 pin). BAND ? We have tried to include a little of something for everybody here, so no matter what your budget is, we are fairly confident that you will find a CB radio for you. Other than this, the features are going to be much the same as any other 11-meter radio from Uniden. Backlit choices The background lighting is considered as a side feature but users will reckon of its importance when the radio is operated in the dark or poor light conditions. Hear you nothing that I say?". In CDL School Now The ham radio from President Electronics has been equipped with an extra 12 meter band for a wider range of frequencies. weird ground plane mobile K-40 magnet mount question? Now, we have an 11-meter radio that has clearly been designed for the road here. The FM audio is much better than am, you can talk farther legally, and the quality of people you talk to is much better than the foul mouth CB'ers. An IC-718 cost $620ish plus the cost to have it modified. One of the main differences between an 11-meters ham radio and standard ham radio (other than the range) is the fact that you do not need a license to operate an 11-meters radio. This means that it is going to be perfect for both beginners and more experienced users alike. So once a 10 meter radio is "Super Received" I will be . The sound quality is good enough. There is a jumper setting that allows different frequency ranges, but out of the box, it only does 10 meters. I have talked to England and Ukraine from NC while mobile with the Magnum, but I'd rather use a better radio. We pride ourselves on welcoming Radio Hobby enthusiasts of all types, while offering unbiased, informative, and friendly discussion among the members. I believe it is fairly simple to open up for general coverage transmit, too, although not as simple as the '757. got great reports from other hams on 10 about my signal and the RX was pretty goodnot as good as my TS-440 but the Magnum radios are defiantly not junk. The only problem occurring right now is the lack of a decent backlit for its key set. Basics: 10 Meter Amateur high output radio loaded with features. Its large LCD screen includes all the necessary information. This means that they take up a huge amount of space. Stryker SR-955hpc 10 Meter Amateur Radio. We are working every day to make sure our community is the best Radio Hobbyist's site. Mod to 11 meters, simple. YepOKsure! IS THE >> HTX-100 THE SAME AS A UNIDEN PRESIDENT? Yes. A backlit also enhanced readability and helps drivers to concentrate more on driving instead of adjusting the keys since they can do it at a glance. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Galaxy DX98VHP 200 Watt 10 Meter Radio 3. If I have my connex 3300 modified for cb will it then be legal? With that said, I had been hearing more and more about a relatively new CB radio made by a company called AnyTone and finally decided to give it a try. Forget the attempt to match wavelength, the gain isn't enough to matter. At yesterday's hamfest there were plenty of used HF radios in the $275-$300 range that covered the full 10 meter band, were not channelized, had no gaps in coverage, put out a clean 100 watt signal and had digital readouts of the frequency. You will also have access to 10 NOAA weather channels. Stryker Radios SR-497-HPC AM/FM 10M RADIO Brand: STRYKER 133 ratings | 51 answered questions $38098 FREE Returns Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping. >Why would anyone want to convert a Radio Shack radio for 11 meters? Out of 4 scales that are displayed on the radio meter, there is one for the SWR measurement and I am glad that its auto circuit does not require complicated calibration. Looking for info on CB to 10 Meter Conversion. With 4-watts of power, this is one of the most powerful of the handheld CB radios on the market. How Did We Choose The Best 11-Meters Ham Radios? Most of them are 'out of the box' on 10 meters, but only require a jumper setting change to make them 11 meters capable. Since it is an important part of a radio, an accessible ANL/NB button is always placed in the front. By having a 10 meter radio in the car, people get instant updates on weather conditions and local traffic situations. Its squelch feature is either manual or ASQ, but the ASQ is recommended to work on FM. Its backlit faceplates allow people to select one among 7 different LED colors, subsequently, light up the entire front panel of this radio. It really looks like it is something that has been pulled out of the 1950s. Make sure all electrical wires are connected and the 10 meter antenna is in place (if required). Yes, a license is required for someone who owns a 10 meter radio so they can operate it in trucks legally. maybe a 2950 or 257 but i doubt ill find one in my price range . Discounts. We also participate in programs from Bluehost, ShareASale, and other sites. Tape a piece of paper to a hard floor, ensuring the paper doesn't slip. In my opinion, it is not a lie to praise that the Ranger RCI-2950CD is possibly the best 10 meter mobile radio on the current market. ANL/NB function The automatic noise limiter and noise blanker in a 10 meter radio can combine into an optimal filtration of noises. Traveling Ham Mobile Radio - U.S. Repeaters Common Frequencies (2M & 70Cm Bands Only) A large number of customers would absolutely be capable of finding an excellent 10 meter radio for sale here. Galaxy DX98VHP 200 Watt 10 Meter Radio 6. It also obtains a series of other beneficial features right on the front panel. I Need CDL Training It has been designed to fit into small spaces, and it easily accomplishes that with its tiny size. 10 METER TO CB CONVERSION by Toolma Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00 Go to www.qrz.com see the mods section. Not sure how well it would work but have an older Antron 99 in garage and can always put up and run the coax into the house. By having an optimal solution to reduce unwanted sounds, it ensures a better experience in wireless radio communication without those noises causing distraction and difficulties in connecting a stable radio line to talk. Lets wrap up this list of the 10 best ham radio for 11-meters with the RKCBCLASSIC from RoadKing. The 10 meter radio with 50W PEP from the brand President Electronics is manufactured in the DIN size for standard mounting inside vehicles. Connex 3300hp 10 Meter Amateur Radio 5. by lori mcgreg Wed, 08 Apr 1998 04:00:00, there is a mod to make the htx am (26.000 30.ooo)i kow because i have one thats been done allthough i dont know how it was done the 100 is a clone for the hr2510 i know you add circutry for the mod dont be discouraged it can be done. Our favorite feature of this radio is the sound tracker system. For those ham radio operators who like to talk on 10 meters and listen on 11 meters (CB) this radio is a great go-between. Stand with one foot on the paper and a slight bend in your knees. The key set of this 10 meter radio contains backlighting for better readability in poor light conditions. 5 Main Reasons, What is a Bluetooth Radio? It may not display this or other websites correctly. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. 1 Year You just have to flick a switch. Concerning its set of side accessories, the universal mounting bracket along with hardware would definitely fit into most cars.